“Beautiful view, overpriced menu.”
Review of Cafe Champagne

Cafe Champagne
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Champagne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 423 Restaurants in Temecula
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Butterfield Sage
Reviewed October 19, 2006

Before moving to Temecula in August, my husband and I made several weekend trips here to explore our new "village". Cafe Champagne was our first experience in regards to winery restaurants. The restaurant setting is just reminescent of a mediterranean landscape. Being from Portugal, I felt very comforted by the familiar sights and smells emanating from the herb garden at the entry. However, I felt the menu was limited and way over priced. My husband's special of the day was very good, but my chicken entree was forgetful. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. I will probably return there just to sip a glass of wine and enjoy the magnificent views. However, it would be magnificent if the menu could be revamped and the prices adjusted to fit the classic elegance of the restaurant. We will spend lots of money on wine if the food is excellent, trust us, we love to sample the dessert tray.

2  Thank CruzPorto
There are newer reviews for Cafe Champagne

Reviewed March 16, 2006

Before dining at Cafe Champagne, we visited their website and checked out their menu. We were aware the prices were on the high side, thus expected a degree of excellence that just wasn't there. My husband and I shared the appetizer; Warm Brie en Croute with warm blueberry honey walnut sauce. The sauce was similar to imitation maple syrup with a few fresh blueberry's and walnuts. My main course was the Crab Artichoke Melt served with onion rings. One word...flavorless. My husband enjoyed his selection (special of the day) filet mignon brochette with rice, accompanied with 2 glasses of wine, coffee and dessert. The meat was tender, sauce flavorful but overpriced. If you want friendly service, fair atmosphere, mediocre quality and have a $100 bill you want to get rid of, then I recommend Cafe Champagne.

14  Thank 1coolnana

Been to Cafe Champagne? Share your experiences!