“Very Nice”
Review of Cafe Champagne

Cafe Champagne
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Champagne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 423 Restaurants in Temecula
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Butterfield Sage
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant and after experiencing lots of crowds everywhere, we were surprised to find almost no one else around us. But the food was truly terrific and the surroundings were lovely. I would recommend it.

1  Thank sondra62
There are newer reviews for Cafe Champagne

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a restaurant that is part of a winery with a view looking down on Rancho California Rd. It is located on a small patio with a fountain opposite the winery's tasting room. The menu is a little pricy but your paying for the ambience and the food & service are both very good. Since the name was Cafe Champagne I had a glass of their sparkling wine which I thought was excellent. My one nit is that the waiter kept referring to the sparkling wines as champagne. Since this is wine country you would have thought the Cafe would have known (and embraced) the terroir distinction. Obviously, that has nothing to do with the quality of the experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I don't usually price tag meals, but this place is P-R-I-C-E-Y! A lunch of two salads, two glasses of Thornton wine (just the routine, not the fancy stuff) and one shared dessert, with tax and tip = $90!

While every bite was excellent, there weren't many of them. Both our salads were more like side salads - nicely presented, but very small for $20+ each.

I figure part of the expense was space rental. My friend and I rarely get together and each had to drive 1+ hours to get to Cafe Champagne - so we talked for 3+ hours. Our server was terrific - attentive but not pushy - and made it clear he would not rush us. (He said we were welcome to stay till they closed at 8 pm!)

It has been several years since we made this our meeting point; I have a few months to look for something cheaper for next time!

2  Thank oscar505
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited Thorton Winery on a recent trip with girlfriends. I really enjoyed the wines and thought Cafe Champagne was outstanding. The swordfish was outstanding--possibly the best preparation I've ever had--not over cooked and accompanied with a delicious southwestern sauce. I enjoyed the Rousanne wine, a recommended a pairing. The service was great and the setting is beautiful. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Delicious food in a comfortable outdoor setting served by an amicable staff. We were delighted by all of our choices, but the hot seafood "carpaccio", in particular, hit the spot. One of the few recommended places to eat in Temecula open on a Monday night, were were not disappointed.

Been to Cafe Champagne? Share your experiences!