“From Sardinia with Love”
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Ranked #2 of 421 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Trattoria Toscana is a quaint, boutique Italian restaurant that creates an authentic Tuscan-Sardinian-Italian cultural experience, rich in the appreciation of high-quality food and wine. Trattoria Toscana caters to those who savor authentic, home-made Italian meals that bring out the flavors of each ingredient. Chef Pietro, born in Sardinia, carefully selects fresh, local ingredients to create daily specials as well as imports from Italy to create high quality, homemade Tuscan and Sardinian meals. Here at Trattoria Toscana, Chef Pietro draws on his Italian and Sardinian roots to bring the community a true Italian experience, transporting his guests to Italy for a delicious, enjoyable meal. He believes that the best flavors come from fresh food, using the highest quality ingredients, prepared daily, just as they do in Italy. Chef Pietro prepares his dishes with care and passion, attending to every detail. He makes the pasta and bread from scratch each day. He rolls housemade tortelloni and ravioli by hand. His gnocchi is made in house with potatoes and imported pecorino cheese, using his mother's recipe. You can find the staples of Italian cuisine, olive oil and tomatoes, in many of his dishes. He chooses to use high quality, extra virgin olive and truffle oils from Italy to ensure that his dishes have the authentic flavors of Italy. He sun dries tomatoes by hand using fresh, organic tomatoes to accentuate the flavors of his dishes, such as our popular Pappardelle con Funghi. Chef Pietro refrains from preparing his dishes far in advance, in order to preserve the tradition of preparing his dishes on the spot. This technique requires time for preparation and provides our guests with a leisurely dining experience, a time to relax and enjoy the company of others, sipping a lovely glass of wine, upholding Italian dining tradition. Cuisine is a passion and a past time in Italy, a time to revel in delightful flavors using just the right ingredients, and investing the time in its preparation every day. The interior décor, inspired by Chef Pietro's Sardinian and Tuscan roots and woodworking background, creates a quaint, authentic Italian dining experience. Pietro's own sculpted functional artwork made from recycled wood, his hand-crafted wine bar tiled with stone, and exquisitely crafted Italian window frames filled with Tuscan hillside paintings transport you to a hilltop in Tuscany where you can enjoy tantalizing food, wine and a true Italian experience at the table. Come taste the joy of Italian dining here in Temecula!
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I can not say enough Wonderful things about the food and atmosphere at Trattoria Toscana. The quality of the food is amazing! Handmade pasta, sauces and desserts. My favorite is the Carpaccio di Pulpo-Octopus Carpaccio Yum!! The staff is efficient, knowledgeable and super friendly. I've been 3 times now and had a Perfect 10 every time. Trattoria Toscana has the Best Tiramisu I have ever had! The quality of the food is superb!

Pietro C, Owner at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

We are so happy that you enjoy your time here at the restaurant! Thank you so much for all of the positive feedback, we truly appreciate your satisfaction and comfort and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our evening at Trattoria Toscana ranks as one of my all-time-favorite dining experiences.

The food was outstanding and as authentic to Tuscany and Sardinia as I’ve found in the states. I was very impressed by the fact that the pastas, breads, sauces and Tiramisu were hand-made at the restaurant.

I had the asparagus bruschetta appetizer, which was delicious and then the mushroom pasta dish (Papperdelle con funghi) for my main dish. This mushroom dish was so good that whenever I think about it now, my mouth waters.

Our waiter, Gino, was attentive, and friendly. He’s one of those people who makes you feel good to be around. My wife and I came away feeling appreciated and like we made a new friend.

An unexpected thing that impressed me is that everything in the restaurant was made by the owner and chef, Pietro - the tables, cabinets, painting frames, and even the bar. Definitely read the little backstory menu insert about Pietro. It is a good insight into why Trattoria Tosacna truly is the real-deal with a feel-good backstory.

If you’re looking for a quaint restaurant in Temecula with heart, personality, and delicious authentic Italian/Sardinian food, this is it.

1  Thank Land W
Pietro C, Owner at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

We are so glad to hear about your experience with us! We appreciate and value our customer's opinion, feedback, and overall comfort here in the restaurant, and are so happy that we accomplished in making you two feel welcome.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Perhaps they were having an off day…. but we selected this place based on its #1 rating. The bread they brought was stale. Two of my fellow diners ordered the lasagna which was cold in the middle and had to be reheated. My pasta was good…tasted like hand made spaghetti. It was a one day visit so we can't give it another chance. Another downside is it's location in a strip mall. If you have one day in Temecula..I would select a place in "old town" Temecula.

we appreciate the observations that you made and we take customer feedback to heart and will do everything to make sure it does not happen again. We would love to have you again sometime and change your mind regarding your experience,
hope you have a great week!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The stuffed squash blossoms were the best. Also had antipasti, very nice. Minestroni and carbonara pasta as well. Great service.

1  Thank Celeste C
Pietro C, Owner at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience here! Thank you so much for the positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you some time soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

ALERT: Days and hours just changed. They are open 6 days a week and closed on TUESDAYS. The website does not yet reflect the change. Trattoria Toscana is in an out of the way location that you would not likely stumble across. (It's near Sees Candy across from the mall, if that helps!) The restaurant is small, with perhaps 14 tables. Hannah, our waitress was delightful! She was attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and very enthusiastic about her job. Wine list is affordable. The Prosecco we tried was perfect. I must admit, I am not a big lover of Italian restaurants, but I can't wait to get back to this one. I tried a salmon dish and found it to be wonderfully and uniquely seasoned. No one herb was dominant, but the combination of many herbs worked perfectly. My wife enjoyed her chicken offering and found it juicy and tasty. We tried the nutella cake; not a typical cake, more like a wonderful shortbread giant cookie with nutella in the center...yum!

Pietro C, Owner at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

We are so delighted that you found us and enjoyed your experience here at the restaurant! Thank you so much for the positive feedback and we cannot wait to see you again soon.