“Authentic food, great atmosphere great wine selection”
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Ranked #2 of 422 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trattoria Toscana is a quaint, boutique Italian restaurant that creates an authentic Tuscan-Sardinian-Italian cultural experience, rich in the appreciation of high-quality food and wine. Trattoria Toscana caters to those who savor authentic, home-made Italian meals that bring out the flavors of each ingredient. Chef Pietro, born in Sardinia, carefully selects fresh, local ingredients to create daily specials as well as imports from Italy to create high quality, homemade Tuscan and Sardinian meals. Here at Trattoria Toscana, Chef Pietro draws on his Italian and Sardinian roots to bring the community a true Italian experience, transporting his guests to Italy for a delicious, enjoyable meal. He believes that the best flavors come from fresh food, using the highest quality ingredients, prepared daily, just as they do in Italy. Chef Pietro prepares his dishes with care and passion, attending to every detail. He makes the pasta and bread from scratch each day. He rolls housemade tortelloni and ravioli by hand. His gnocchi is made in house with potatoes and imported pecorino cheese, using his mother's recipe. You can find the staples of Italian cuisine, olive oil and tomatoes, in many of his dishes. He chooses to use high quality, extra virgin olive and truffle oils from Italy to ensure that his dishes have the authentic flavors of Italy. He sun dries tomatoes by hand using fresh, organic tomatoes to accentuate the flavors of his dishes, such as our popular Pappardelle con Funghi. Chef Pietro refrains from preparing his dishes far in advance, in order to preserve the tradition of preparing his dishes on the spot. This technique requires time for preparation and provides our guests with a leisurely dining experience, a time to relax and enjoy the company of others, sipping a lovely glass of wine, upholding Italian dining tradition. Cuisine is a passion and a past time in Italy, a time to revel in delightful flavors using just the right ingredients, and investing the time in its preparation every day. The interior décor, inspired by Chef Pietro's Sardinian and Tuscan roots and woodworking background, creates a quaint, authentic Italian dining experience. Pietro's own sculpted functional artwork made from recycled wood, his hand-crafted wine bar tiled with stone, and exquisitely crafted Italian window frames filled with Tuscan hillside paintings transport you to a hilltop in Tuscany where you can enjoy tantalizing food, wine and a true Italian experience at the table. Come taste the joy of Italian dining here in Temecula!
De Luz
“Authentic food, great atmosphere great wine selection”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am am in the wine making business so good food and excellent wine is a must for me. There are few good Italian restaurants in Temecula but Trattoria Toscana is setting a new standard with authentic food, a friendly relaxed atmosphere and a great selection of wines. It is obvious that the owners and staff are passionate about food and wine. The actual cost of a meal is likely actually closer to $$ but the temptation to pare the meal with several glasses is too tempting pushing the overall cost up, but as a value it is very good. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank MenthaDeLuz

Temecula, California
“Tasty homemade pasta dishes -- made from scratch!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

You can rarely find a restaurant these days that makes its own pasta. Fresh pasta is so different than the stuff that comes in the box that you buy at the grocery store. Fresh pasta has an earthy aroma and vastly different taste than pre-packaged pasta. That's one of the reasons why I keep going back to this restaurant. I really like their pastas and they use fresh, organic ingredients, too.
You might pay a little more to eat at TT, but it's worth it. Their food makes me feel good especially after a hard workout. Their lunch Tuna (not available on the dinner menu) is huge, hearty and full of protein. Coupled with low fat cubed potatoes, sliced olives and eggplant, it's one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Super fresh!

• Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Temecula, California
“Try this restaurant! Don't be deceived by the strip mall location”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Amazing!!! Just finished our "experience" of dining at this first class restaurant and I don't even know where to begin! Gino, our waiter, was the most caring, knowledgable server I have ever had. His Italian accent and his undeniable love of fine cuisine made this meal unforgettable! The lasagna is by far the best I've ever had, the gnocchi one of a kind, and the wine and dessert unbelievable. I am begging you to try this restaurant, you will NOT be disappointed!!

Southern California
“Excellent new restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Smallish family-run restaurant in a strip mall. Had a little trouble finding it. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and artistically presented. First course, piatta rustica, was particularly good. The pasta, made from scratch on the premises, was among the best I've ever had. This restaurant is much more sophisticated and ambitious than it looks. Give it a try.

Mill Valley, California
“Trattoria Toscana is a sweet little find”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

As soon as my family walked in, we were greeted by an Italian man. He introduced himself as the owner and seated us in a perfect little spot by the bar. We started with a glass of Leone Rosso . It was an excellent choice, recommended by our waiter. Glass of wine in hand, we order the house salad and the minestrone soup. The waiter brought house made bread along with our first course. Everything tasted perfect together, I mean perfect. It was the best minestrone I have have had...ever. I am picky about salad dressing and was pleasantly surprised by the freshness of the dressing and the lettuce. Our son (a very picky eater) ordered penne pasta with the house tomato sauce. My husband ordered gnocchi and I ordered (again, our waiter's excellent recommendation) rack of lamb. We drank wine out of large, beautiful glasses and toasted our good fortune in finding this hidden authentic Italian restaurant. Then our entrees came. My lamb was cooked to perfection (I ordered medium-well) and beautifully presented by the owner himself, surrounded by delicate grilled veggies. If you like lamb, this dish will blow your mind. I can't stop thinking of the sauce, made from a Mirto berry from Sardinia, it was just sweet enough to compliment the savory lamb perfectly. As I was enjoying every bite of my lamb and vegetables, I watched my son devour his dinner - something that rarely happens. Meanwhile, my husband didn't offer me a bite of his generous portion of gnocchi, so I helped myself and I'm glad I did. By the end of the meal, we knew we had just found our new favorite restaurant. Everything tasted fresh and the menu offered all of my favorite Italian dishes.I can't wait to go back to try the homemade ravioli!