“32 night stay, felt like i was at home! Great hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Chicago
“32 night stay, felt like i was at home! Great hampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2007

This hotel had the best staff I have ever encountered. I felt like I was at home, and after a stay of 32 days with work, It pretty much became my home. I could always count on someone who was attentive, intelligent, and willing to listen. The property is beautiful, it is perpendicular to the freeway, so theres really no bad seat in the house. close to the old town which is nice for restaurants and bars. the rates are a little high, and I came in with my suspisions, but after leaving, It was DEFINATELY worth the extra $20 or so a night. just the breakfast and internet alone were worth that cost. I will definately be back, and cant wait to see the staff and room 221 again! Oh, and the best part about it... I earned 25000 delta miles and 3 free nights from my Hilton Hoonors membership during the stay. beat that!

• Liked — Staff was great, breakfast saved me a fortune
  • Disliked — noisiness, ans inconsiderance of the wedding parties :)
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank carpediem2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
none-n/a
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2007

I will never stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to
anyone.

Another poster here wrote on August 18, 2006, that the bad service ruined his/her stay, and that the front desk manager was rude. I totally concur.

My stay at this hotel was terrible. The staff could not be more rude. The room was not cleaned well...the bed spread smelled terrible. The heater was not steady and it was noisy. The front desk staff was the rudest I have ever experienced.

Check out the Rodeway, or the Best Western... There are a lot of other hotels in this area, that are a far better value.

I will never stay at this property again.

• Disliked — Rude Staff
  • Stayed February 2007
4 Thank none-n/a
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2006

We were a large group attending a function near the hotel. I first arrived to the hotel and was very pleased that the staff greated me. Hampton was very clean interior/exterior, and nicely decorated. Although the suite had 2 queen beds, a sofa bed, desk, coffee table, tv entertainment center, fridge, and microwave, the room was very spacious. Next to the coffee maker there was coffee, tea bags and a bag of popcorn for the microwave.
The continental breakfast area has beautiful kitchen cabinets which added such a lovely touch to the decore. All the food was nicely set up. There was a variety of breads, cereals, yogurts, juice, biscuts and gravy and much more. A staff member was always checking if he needed to refill coffee, water, pastries, etc.
While eating, I was able to watch the news on a tv hanging over the fireplace.
I only wished that there was a garden and an indoor swimming pool.
Overall, the group and I were very pleased with Hampton Inn & Suites. I will definitely stay in this hotel on my next visit to Temecula. Thank you for the wonderful staff and stay at Hampton Inn & Suites!

• Stayed December 2006
3 Thank donuvia
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2006

We are from Florida and intended to stay in San Diego the whole time but ended up staying at this Hampton three nights because we really liked this property and felt safe there. It was very convenient to Old Town shopping, great eateries, and the wineries, as well as being exceptionally clean with a lovely ambience (fireplace in lobby, two-story ceilings, etc.) . Breakfast was terrific with something for every taste. Management and staff were friendly and helpful.

Always love Hamptons for their consistency and value but this was a step above with granite countertops, tile flooring, leather recliner in our room and scrumptuous bed and bedding! Attention to detail with the choice of firm or soft pillows was imrpessive. Temecula has come a long way since our last visit. The only thing we would have changed was to ask for room on the other side of the property as Rancho California Rd. gets busy and a bit noisy very early in the morning and we would have liked to sleep in a bit later. All in all, a wonderful value that I would recommend.

• Liked — Wonderful value...very clean and upscale. Exceptional attention to detail for the value.
  • Disliked — Noisy side of property. Would have chosen quieter room if we had known.
  • Tips/Secrets — Locals are really friendly if you mix and mingle. Wonderful experiences and memories if you want.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brnidgrl
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2006

We spent one night here in a very very nice room with a King bed.

Everything was perfect, very clean and well maintained.

The breakfast bar in the morning was also very nice and well stocked.

Excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank RChappo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2006

I live in San Diego, took a little weekend getaway for my boyfriend's birthday to Temecula. We are both in our early 20s and had never been wine tasting-- this was such a great experience overall.

Booked the hotel from Hilton/Hampton's website and received a AAA discount, which was nice. Booked the jacuzzi one-room suite, there is a fireplace option but it seemed like it would be too warm during this time of year. It was actually really windy during the nights but the tub turned out to be a nice addition. The rooms are HUGE-- the jacuzzi tub is kind of in the room itself and there is a standard tub in the shower in the bathroom as well. There is a big easy chair also which was really comfortable.

Breakfast wasn't that great, it was just standard fare for a free breakfast, mostly cereal, coffee and pastries, with some type of egg mcmuffin thing as well. But its what to be expected if you are looking for a free breakfast.

The hotel is in a great location-- its on the opposite side of the freeway from the wineries by Old Town Temecula, but we did a tour called The Grapeline and they picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. Its probably a good 5-10 minute drive to the wineries but this wasn't a big deal at all. I would definitely recommend the Grapeline Vineyard Tour-- while the price may seem steep its all included-- a behind-the-scenes tour, 4 winery stops, and lunch. The guides are awesome and so much fun.

For wineries, my favorites were Wilson Creek (family run and such a great atmosphere, try the Almond Champagne) , Ponte (have lunch here), and Callaway (beautiful views). Dinner at Champagne at the Thornton Winery seems to come recommended but save your money-- the food's not worth the price.

Temecula is such a close drive to San Diego that I would consider it the perfect weekend getaway; I'll definitely be back and I'll be staying at the Hampton.

• Liked — Big room with jacuzzi tub, convenient location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Do the Grapeline Tour!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
7 Thank brighteyes0309
Pasadena
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2006

With all the wonderful reviews, I was looking forward to staying here. Unfortunately, the bad service colored my entire stay. Hopefully, you will be lucky and a certain "manager" won't be at the front desk.
Otherwise, the room was clean - I stayed in the suite and it was very roomy.

Too bad about the rude and kind of racist service. That alone will keep me from going back.

• Stayed July 2006