“Nice hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed over for one night for tour of the Temecula wine country. Found this hotel listed and decided to book it for the night. First impression was this hotel was well kept and organized as we were walking through the lobby area. Second impression was the hotel smells clean and seemed to have good air ventilation through out. Rooms were also very clean and had all the toiletries in place. I really liked the addition of a very comfortable recliner. The only recommendations I have for the hotel is to change the pillows--way too soft. I had to prop it up a couple of times during the night so it would maintain its loft. Also, the covers were a little too hot for the summer months. They use a comforter and cover combination. It would have been better to have a separate blanket in this case for the summer months. I would book at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank prothean

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently went drove to Temecula from South Orange County to get away for a night and enjoy Old Town. I have had good experiences at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Redding, CA so I thought we'd go ahead and stay at the one in Temecula. It was mostly as I expected. The staff was courteous and the room very clean. I did have two issues with the room though. First, the carpets had two large stains which made the room feel dirty even though it wasn't. Second, the "popcorn" ceilings made the place feel dated. Other than those two issues, the room was very comfortable. I love that the Hampton provides DirecTV, large flat screen TV, microwave and mini fridge. It really gives you the comforts of home and makes for a very pleasant stay. The free breakfast is wonderful and much better than I've had at other chain hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good place to stay close to Old Town Temecula.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CraftyPancakes
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is above average for your "off the freeway hotel". It is within walking distance to Old Town Temecula. I called this hotel for recomendations and help with booking some excursions while visiting Temecula and they were unwilling to assist. Also when we got here we had problems with the A/C not working and making a "clicking noise" all night and the front desk argued with us about it and we had to get the assistance of a manager who finally moved us.

2  Thank Sunkissed0704
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights in Temecula on our trip from San Diego to Los Angeles and spent both nights at the Hampton Inn and thought it was a very good choice. We were planning on staying in wine country but, based on the map it didn’t look like there would be much to do at night so we thought staying closer to the center of town would make more sense. As it turns out, the area is a bit less walking friendly then anticipated and we ended up driving most places anyway. The hotel is very well situated; close to Old Town, shopping areas, restaurants, and a short drive to wine country.

We were probably at the front desk with questions or requests about 5-6 times and each person we ran into was friendly and helpful. Both check-in and check-out were very smooth and took just a minute or two.

The room that we stayed in was in great shape, was fairly modern, very clean, and we could control the temperature. The only issue I had was that the fan to the air conditioning unit was either on or off. The condenser would click on every so often to cool of the room based on the temperature you set. It wasn’t loud so this didn’t interfere with sleeping but it would be something nice to look into the next time they update the rooms.

We used the hot tub and pool during our stay and both were in very good condition as were the chairs that were set out for lounging. The water was crystal clear and they didn’t over-do-it with the chemicals. Also, there was a goodly supply of towels and they seemed to have someone checking on the area fairly frequently.

All things considered we thought it made a great starting out point for our treks out to the wineries and over to old town.

1  Thank DanHanLan
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Only stayed one night as we ventured to Temecula to visit relatives and see the beautiful wine country. We were greeted by exuberant front desk staff and that was the beginning of a great stay! We were upgraded to a little suite which made our stay even nicer. One fantastic touch to the room was a plush rocker recliner, just like you would have at home. I have never seen one of these in a hotel room before and my husband soon made himself at home by falling asleep in it! Sheer comfort! Also in the room was a little kitchenette with sink, fridge and microwave. The bed was wonderful as they are in all Hamptons. And the TV had zillions of channels (well not really but more than most hotels). The breakfast was the usual Hampton fare but that morning they did serve a western omelet which was very tasty. The breakfast area was completely remodeled and they received the final pieces of the new furniture the morning we checked out. Looked great! This is a beautiful little Hampton located right off the highway (but very quiet) and right next to Old Town Temecula (and a short drive to the heart of wine country). Highly recommend if you are in that area. We plan to return!!

1  Thank tripsahoy16
Reviewed June 5, 2012

There was a group of 4 girl including myself we only stayed in the hotel for one night because we wanted to check out the wineries in Temecula. I think they rated this a 1 or 2 star hotel..Which i think is crazy!! This hotel was very clean and the front desk was very nice they even had fresh cookies at the fron desk! For 4 girls in one room we had plenty of space and it was nice because our grapeline winery tour picked us up right at the hotel. All I really car about when booking a hotel is that its clean and has a good location and this hotel had both!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nikac15
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I live in San Diego and was getting married in beautiful wine country Temecula. I didn't want to risk driving up the same day as the wedding, so I decided to do a bit of research and ended up booking the night before my big day at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Excellent decision!! They are centrally located, they are freeway-adjacent but you aren't exposed to the traffic noise, they provide complimentary hot breakfast, free wi-fi in your room & free parking. Aside from all those perks, the hotel is new and exceptionally clean. The rooms are over-sized and come equipped with a mini kitchen, the staff was very nice and accommodating and even upgraded me to a fireplace suite!! My family and my aunt's family ended up staying at the same hotel the night of the wedding and also loved it!! Without a doubt, I'd stay here again on my next trip to Temecula for some delicious wine tasting :)

• Stayed: May 2012