“Maybe too good for Temecula”
Review of Cellarz93 RestaurantWinehouse - CLOSED

Cellarz93 RestaurantWinehouse
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cellarz93 Restaurant Winehouse offers wine country casual with gourmet flair! At Cellarz93, we believe that a great evening out begins with memorable food and service, but consists of far more than just "getting full". We think that a memorable evening out should arouse and delight all of the senses, so we were inspired to create an environment that went way beyond being an excellent restaurant. Cellarz93 Restaurant Winehouse offers wine country casual cuisine with gourmet flair and an emphasis on local, farm fresh seasonal ingredients in order to provide authentic, wholesome, nutritious and sustainable entrees. We believe that serving farm-to-table cuisine is healthier, tastes better, and supports the local economy, and in addition to traditional entrees we also offer vegan and gluten free selections. Located directly across from the Promenade Mall, this new chic gathering place features an array of tasty quick bites to globally-influenced menu pairings as the perfect affordable chain alternative. In order to provide a truly memorable experience, we created a beautiful place for guests to experience an exceptional cuisine along with a fabulous wine list that allows them to try over 250 varieties by the glass or the bottle at retail prices rather than the usual high restaurant prices, an in-house wine store to enable them to purchase wine they enjoyed with dinner to take home afterwards, a fully stocked piano bar with signature cocktails, and live music performances in our unique living room like music lounge! Cellarz93 Restaurant Winehouse is led by a team of highly motivated and detail oriented management who strive for excellence in guest service, finest quality food and distinct ambience, setting Cellarz93 apart from chain restaurants. Come experience the difference! Whether you dine in our restaurant, al fresco in our beautiful outdoor patios, in our Piano Bar, or dine while enjoying live entertainment in the Cellarz93 Music Lounge, you can always be assured that the experience will entice your palate and delight your guests as the perfect night out.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant last Saturday night and must say it is excellent - maybe even too good for Temecula. It seems as if the classier and higher end restaurants tend to not survive in the Inland Empire but the chain restaurants do. Too bad because this place would do great in someplace like LA or NYC or San Francisco where the clientele appreciate higher end food, service, wine selection and a beautiful atmosphere. I travel all over the world and have eaten in many of the better restaurants in the US, Europe and Asia and this one ranks on the upper end of the scale. My wife and I love to try new things and so we ordered the bacon wrapped dates and the mediterranean mussels to start - both were very good. We followed that up with the grilled filet mignon which was big enough to share and cooked to medium rare perfection. And I must say the wine list is very good for a local restaurant. We will definitely make this a regular stop for drinks and dinner!

2  Thank WindyCityEd

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently had dinner with friends at Cellarz93. The food was very good, and the wine list was extensive and reasonably priced. The service was not as good as it should be. I had made a reservation for us, and when we arrived we were escorted to the worst table in the restaurant, with a view of the restroom doors, even though there were many empty tables in the restaurant. I asked to be seated at a better table, but was told all of the tables were reserved. I asked to see the manager, and his response was to take the table by the restrooms or wait in the bar for 30-45 minutes for another table. We did go to the bar and our wait was about 15 minutes, just long enough to order a bottle of wine. Table service was very slow, and our waiter was not very attentive. The food was very slow to arrive. Dirty dishes were left on the table. Our bill for 4 dinners and 2 bottles of wine was almost $300, way out of line for Temecula. I probably won't go back for a second visit.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I won't usually review a place if I had a negative experience but Cellarz93 is new and needs to know why people aren't coming back. I went to Cellarz the first time for lunch. It was fabulous. I had the Chicken Waldorf sandwich and my daughter had the Vegetable Flatbread sandwich. They came with the Cellarz93 salads. The food was delicious. Then my husband and I went back with 4 friends for dinner. The first thing that I thought was strange was that we had reservations. We got there a little early and our friends were not there yet. We said we would sit at the bar until they arrived. We were advised by the gentleman at the door that if he were us he would take the table now. I wondered if they had issues with honoring reservations. We took the table so didn't experience the bar. I don't know if it was the bar or our server but the drink service was very slow. Then when the drinks finally did come the server was short one drink. At one point one of our party got up to track down the server to order another drink. We ordered 3 appetizers. The brie platter and flatbread was excellent. Their portion sizes were enough for 3 people. We also ordered the paella as an appetizer. They served it with risotto rather than rice. The flavor was very good. The risotto was undercooked and stuck in our teeth. Three of us ordered salads which they brought out while we were still eating the appetizers. The table had no room for the salads. We asked that they take the salads and bring them back later. They brought them 5 minutes later. We just told them to clear the appetizers and leave the salads. The caprese salad was minute in size. We ordered 5 different entrees between us. I had the salmon, 2 ordered the pork chop, 1 got the chicken, 1 got chiopino, and someone got the lamb shank special. The main theme of our comments was the high salt content. This was the 2nd dinner visit for 2 of our friends who were not thrilled with the 1st visit but gave them another chance because they had just opened on the 1st visit. I doubt we will go back for dinner. There are too many other really nice restaurants to have dinner in. However, I am familiar with some of their music entertainment in the lounge and will most definitely go back for drinks and music. Well, unless the slow drink service is the fault of the bar staff. On the positive side, one of our party has an extensive wine collection and he was impressed at the wine selection.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After hearing mixed reviews I decided to check this place out for myself! We had reservations but they still tried to seat us by bathrooms when there was plenty of open seating still available...complained to manager and was seated at a booth...food was nothing to rave about considering the prices...I had the Moroccan chicken but of the 5 of us nobody raved about food. For being a wine house their wine list is mediocre and contains NO LOCAL? wines which was disappointing considering their location... Our waitress did a great job and was very apologetic about wait times for food even though we had no problem with that.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to Cellarz 93 twice. It is a very new place and they are still getting their feet under them. However their wine prices were really good. The layout was excellent and my experience was great. They had music both on Tuesday and Friday that I went there. Prices for wine was slightly above retail, not the 2 or 3 times that seems to break the budget. Food I had went well with the wine and the cheese plate was really good. I would keep an eye on this place, if they keep moving in the direction they are going, it will be the best spot in Temecula.

1  Thank Edwin M