“Our new favorite wine bar.”
Review of Crush & Brew

Crush & Brew
Ranked #18 of 426 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the moment we walked into Crush and Brew we were impressed with the friendly welcome and cozy, upscale atmosphere. Our waitress was genuine and gave us great recommendations, all of which we tried and loved. The wine flight was fun, all five wine glasses come at once on a wire stand with a list depicting each pour so you can enjoy at your own pace without waiting for the next one.

We order the cheese board, the ruben panini, and the ceasar salad all of which were delicious. The caesar salad is made with pine nuts, pesto, and bacon so it's not a traditional salad but is very flavorful and definitely worth ordering again.

The decor is industrial wine bar with a cozy feel. The only thing that would make Crush and Brew better is live music.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our 1st visit to Crush & Brew and we enjoyed it very much.
Great selection of wine and beer and getting to choose from such an assortment for the wine flight was great. We didn't order food this time but from what I saw people eatting it looks great.
This place was very busy for 5:30pm on a saturday night. I'd recommend coming early if you want a table.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Been to Crush & Brew a few times since they opened and always enjoy the variety of wines offered on their list. My husband likes all the choices of brew, and the last time we visited I had a yummy salad. It's a cool place for downtown Temecula, which I'm happy to see is becoming more than just antique shops. We've had great service at Crush & Brew and look forward to going back!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

First I will say this place is quaint and very Temecula feeling. Loved the small band that was playing. Food we received was very nice and our waiter was helpful and engaged. The weird part came in when our friend ordered the tuna and avocado appetizer and when it arrived it was obviously only avocado. When she asked where the tuna was we were told that they had ran out and it was a new chef that did not know to 86 it from the menu when they ran out. From what we could tell there might have been one or two very small pieces mixed in it, maybe. The waiter took it back and then brought it back saying the manager said she could have it for 50% off... What?? So we asked to see the manager and he was pretty short and said again she could have it for 50% off or just order something else. The rest of us were already eating and when questioned he said "well there is a lot of avocado on this so it is worth it". He acted like we were trying to rob him of this precious lump of avocado and quickly looking angry scooped it up to dump it in back when she decided that was just a bit weird. (mind you the plate had been back and forth a few times now). The interesting part being that they were comfortable passing it off as the regular appetizer and the manager was not even slightly embarrassed by what was sent out. Note that the sign in town across the street sells avocado 3 for $1.00. Also, We were 4 people ordering meals and having drinks so we were not just spending a little bit of money there and if they had just offered that little bit of avocado up and the toast squares and not kept taking it back and forth we would have stayed for more drinks of course as well as a nice dessert. I hope this manager is also the owner so he is ok running off customers. This could be a cute little place and I hardly ever give 3 stars as you can see on my reviews but this was just peculiar behavior for a nice restaurant.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I visited Crush & Brew for the first time around 6:30 PM on a Sunday night.

When you walk into the very tastefully decorated restaurant, there's a beer tasting area to the right, and a wine tasting area to the left. Tables for dining are in both, as well as outside.

The place wasn't busy and the bar tender told me to seat myself wherever I liked.

Their menu has a wide selection of local beers, salads, appetizers, and sandwiches. I had the Chicken Pesto ($14.50), a pannini-like sandwich with chicken breast, bacon, swiss cheese, red onion, and pesto, with a small amount of nicely dressed greens on top. It was very tasty.

Others have commented that this is a newly opened establishment, and the level of service needs to have a few bugs worked out. The bar tender was the one who took my order, but he seemed to be the only one working that side of the room. He was assisting people at the tables outside, the patrons at the bar, and trying to take care of me. Around 7 PM, four other couples came in and that essentially swamped him.

He was very friendly and apologized that it took over 20 minutes for me to get my check after my plates were cleared. I'll chalk it up to new operation hiccups--but they really do need to evaluate their staffing level.

I would return to give them another chance because I believe the concept of the establishment is unique, the atmosphere was very welcoming, and the food was very good.