“We'll be back!”

The Gambling Cowboy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gambling Cowboy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 428 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed May 29, 2014

After spending 4 days with family at my nephews wedding, we wanted a nice place to dine that is a local's favorite. We had met a lady at the pool who was a local and asked her for a good place for a bloody mary, we already had enough wine! Her recommendation was "The Gambling Cowboy"
Bloody Mary was excellent and the meal was very, very good. I am not a big eater so we ordered appetizers and the meal. The bacon wrapped scallops were awesome, and the meal was really delicious, especially the potatoes that were cooked in "bacon grease!" Really tasty, haven't had those in a long, long time. We'll be back every time we get to Temecula!

1  Thank BigKArizona

Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a fun day of wine tasting we needed a great meal and fun experience to finish off our day. Hands down, we picked the right place to dine. The evening started with being seated on the outdoor upstairs porch and introduced to Sarah, our server. She was so knowledgeable of the menu and had several recommendations. I had the chicken special of the evening which was one of her recommendations which was out of this world. Perfectly seasoned and just lightly crispy. My partner had the Ribeye and Roasted Poblano which was perhaps the best meal we have ever experienced.

Sarah topped it all off with a HUGE piece of Cowboy Chocolate Cake (you must save room) all with a candle for my partners birthday.

We had an over the top experience.

I also have to mention that I accidentally took the restaurants copy of our credit card receipt. They called later that evening and were so forgiving and allowed us to return it the next am.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Recommended by hotel staff, Glad I listened....Went for dinner on a Wednesday night. not too busy but the service was great. Sat at the bar, very helpful staff, the service was great. My meal was outstanding. It may be a bit pricey but it was worth it. Located in Old town area on the 3rd floor.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Temecula was a bit of a let down and I was ready to throw in the towel when a store owner recommended the Gambling Cowboy for dinner. Wow. One of the best recommendations ever.
The service was impeccable, the atmosphere was pure upscale western, and the food was fantastic. The place is pricey but worth it.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The food was good. Service was excellent. The prices were a bit high, but you pay for the service and atmosphere.