“Don't believe the recommendations”

The Gambling Cowboy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gambling Cowboy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 418 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Don't believe the recommendations”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Where do I start. We went there on wednesday night the 27th after a nice afternoon of wine tasting. The place wasn't very busy considering it was about 7:30 pm but were still told there was a 10 minute wait. We requested the patio which was the busiest area as there were only a couple tables with people inside and the patio was almost full. My fiancee had the Prime Chateau Top Sirloin (their specialty) and I had the Filet Mignon. I ordered mine medium rare and she had hers Medium. Her top sirloin came out rare and we would have sent it back but the waitress wasn't around much. Our meals arrived by a different waitress after she went to the wrong table with our dinners and had to back track to find us. The steaks came with a potato and a corn but I am allergic to potatoes so I asked if i could substitute a small salad for the sides. We were told we could for an extra 6 dollars. We thought that was a little outrageous but I went for it anyway. We watched as two other tables of guests complained about the food and service, in fact one table ended up being given shots by the bartender because they complained about the service. We were told by a few people around temecula and the wineries that gambling cowboy was the place to go. After the overpriced incorrectly cooked food and the terrible service we would say its more the place to avoid.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank thePooo

Temecula
“Good Steak”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great bearnise steak...I would pass on the coconut shrimp app...definitely recommend Freemark Abbey Merlot - locally it's the only place that has it.

• Visited June 2012
theworld
“Fantastic all around restaurant”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great location, great food, wide selection of drinks, good service, and appropriately priced.

I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times, am always bringing friends, and have never been disappointed. My favorite appetizers are the Herb Roasted Artichoke’s and the Raspberry Chipotle Brie while my favorite main courses are the porterhouse, the NY Strip, and the prime rib. Each entrée is served with two sides and they are large portions. Surprisingly enough, the one dish that I thought would be better, but wasn’t, was the cheeseburger. Oh well, stick to the steaks.

I can’t brag about this restaurant enough and I highly recommend you head to Temecula, spend an afternoon enjoying their wineries, and then head to the Gambling Cowboy for dinner.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank professionalconsumer
southern cal
“Get the salmon salad”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is upstairs and you take an elevator to get there. Had lunch here and the salmon salad is worth going for. One of the best I've had. Our waitress Michelle was very friendly and chatty. Great service.

california
“Very Nice”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We visited last Valentine's Day. They were busy but organized, friendly, polite and best of all the food was fabulous. I would go back in a heartbeat.