“Fun tour, the Libido is a pleasant surprise”
Review of Europa Village

Europa Village
Ranked #11 of 94 things to do in Temecula
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Having been to Santa Barbara and Napa/Sonoma several times, I had never really given too much consideration to going to Temecula. My snobbery had apparently been my loss as it is a lot closer to my domicile than those other more famous wine appellations. Temecula and Europa Village have both been expanding and that is commendable in a uneven economy.

Our guide, a retired professor from Ohio, can probably single-handedly claim one of the stars of my review. Without him, it may be a three star experience, but with him, it becomes a legitimate four. His knowledge and charm added to our experience tremendously. Sure, the grounds are beautiful, and the red blend The Libido is a winner, but without the tour and the guide, it might have been a rather ordinary wine experience. Of course, a rather ordinary wine experience is still pretty great if you ask me. I didn't have to go to work, and I tasted wine and toured a beautiful estate. How bad can that be?

There are newer reviews for Europa Village

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a nice tasting here on a day out in Temecula. Bring your own lunch, or buy some supplies in the tasting room. The wine was fine, then it was time to dine on their comfy shade covered patio overlooking the vines.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ok, the wine is not the greatest. It's been around, I was told, for only two years, so this place is still a baby. If it weren't for that, it would get a 2 rating instead of a 3. It definitely has potential, but they need to work on the taste of their wine, first off. I went to Europa Village with a group of twelve. I ordered 6 wine tastings for $15. The wine glasses are interesting there, there is an impression at the bottom of the glass for your middle finger, and an indentation on the side of the glass for your thumb (imagine kind of like the position of holding a bowling ball but with only two fingers). Anyway, I ordered some fried calamari and a Cuban pressed sandwich. Calamari was decent but the Cuban sandwich was fantastic!!!
Brenda was a woman working at the outside bar area and she was personable and wonderful.
Ok, here's why I may not return anytime soon.... in the Temecula wineries, it's pretty customary that with your tastings come with the wine glass you're using... We were leaving the winery and an employee ran out to my group saying that we needed to return the glasses. and he seemed pretty annoyed. I can't be mad at him, he's just following his boss's orders right? But with he wine being so so and the fact that it's pretty common that other wineries give you the glass as a parting gift, I think they need to step it up a bit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The grounds are lovely and you can see how this winery will become a fabulous little sanctuary. The tasting room is nice, cute gift shop and very informative pourers. The wines were good, i'm not a wine snob at all and i quite enjoyed. I didn't have a wine that I had to have but i did buy a couple. They were very enjoyable, it's worth a stop.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our group was nice-vine enthusiasists, vine was excellent- we tasted 12 kinds= 6 white and 6 red, ideal place to spend nice Sunday,but in area must be better vineries,- this one didnt let us keep a glass as a souvenir,and promised plate of fruit chees and chocolate was very small amt of not fresh food.It was as sampler- 3 small morsels of chocolate,instead of fruits= 3 halfs of green grape berry,1 thin slice of salami, ,1 cracker, and 2 minicubes of cheese.Cost of tour was only $29.00- from regular prize $108, but they expected tip on regular price.I researched internet, that other vineries in area offer vine tasting only for 5 dollars -and give you gratis vine glass too.I never go there again!