“Great Whites”

Keyways Vineyard and Winery
Ranked #50 of 93 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the De Portola Wine Trail surrounded by vineyards, luxury estates and horse ranches Keyways Vineyard & Winery is a 13+ acre property with a full production winemaking facility, relaxing wine tasting areas inside and out in the grass patio areas, wedding pavilion, and Luxury Estate Home offered as a vacation rental.Keyways award winning wines are available for purchase at the winery, through our wine clubs and our website.We offer winemaker tours and wine education seminars, special private events, and are open 7-days a week.
New York City, New York
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Whites”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I like red & white wine. I don't generally lean towards one or the other but the whites at Keyways were so good that I kept gravitating towards those the whole time we were there. Very refreshing. Not a big chardonnay fan so when I tend to stay away from those & gravitate to all the other whites.

Visited April 2012
KeywaysWine, General Manager at Keyways Vineyard and Winery, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am happy that you like our wines.

Please come see us again soon.

Joe

Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Wedding Venue, HORRIBLE Customer Service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'll make this short and sweet. If you want the venue for the beauty of it - perfect. If you want an organized, trust-worthy, competent wedding coordinator or staff to make you feel at ease during the planning and during the actual day of your wedding - DO NOT entrust Keyways with this. Our wedding was in August 2012.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank someoneanonymous
Hi someoneanonymous,

I am the new general manager here at Keyways Winery and trying to learn about any prior problems so when I read your review I knew that I needed to investigate to find out more about the details surrounding your wedding day problem.

I did speak with the person that handled the weddings at that time period and when we reviewed our files we learned that there was only one wedding that took place in August 2012.

We then contacted the bride so that we could learn what the problems were and she told us that she was very happy with our handling of her wedding.

So that leads me to ask you about your relationship with the wedding?

I realize that a wedding is a major event in anyone's life and it is my goal to insure that every wedding day at Keyways Winery is handled with the greatest possible effort on our part so that this special day is a positive memory.

Please help me understand?

JoeD@KeywaysWine.com
Malibu, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great 1st Experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm not a big fan of Temecula wines in general. That said, my friends and I had a great wine tasting experience at Keyways...first time but not our last! Not only was our sommelier pleasant and fun to chat with, she knew about their wines (which is more than I can say for some other winery employees). I actually enjoyed their 2009 Merlot and the 2011 Viognier. Also, she suggested we try Cougar Vineyard & Winery which turned out to be a wonderful experience. Based on how well we were treated and the ambiance, I would certainly recommend visiting Keyways. We plan to come back but with a picnic next time to take advantage of the beautiful grounds! Bonus: they offer 2 for 1 tasting if you get a coupon through their website and it's good 7 days a week!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank SandyQTraveler
New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Winery Stands Out in a Crowd of Great Competitors”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love the wineries in Temecula. Since I have relatives in the city, I have been there once a year approx. over 15 years. Only last year did I visit Keyways; this was my second visit. We tasted excellent wine with a friendly, not-pushy staff. We bought 4 delicious bottles and joined the wine club, because we found out that FINALLY they can ship to New Jersey! I think they are known more for reds -- and their reds are outstanding -- but they have many wonderful whites, such as the "sans chene" Chardonnay. Go here first, then visit other wineries to compare.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank DMFNewJersey
Glendale, Arizona
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun Wine Stop”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to Keyways for the past 6 years. We enjoy their wines very much, but what we like the most is the tasting room and the outside grounds. The views are spectacular and it's so quiet and peaceful. Most of the time we just do a glass of our favorite wine and take it outside to the patio. If you're every here on a Friday, they have a dinner with wine and entertainment called "Wine down Friday" They do it every other week so check it out in advance, reservations are required and you won't be disapointed.

Visited June 2012