“Crooks”

Rodeway Inn Temecula
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I reserve with this hotel through Choice Hotels International for a night's stay during the Temecula Festival on March 20, 2010. Two days before the trip, a hotel personel called me to inform that they cannot honor my reseration, supposedly, due to plumbing problems. The personel even had the AUDACITY to tell be that I can stay in the room with the broken plumbing if I don't want to cancel. He said that they will refund my fully paid reservation ASAP. I didn't want to stay at a hotel like this so I agreed even though it messed-up all my plans. As of March 30, 2010, they have not refunded my payment, so I called Choice Hotels. The customer service rep said that, that was the first time they heard of the issue. They promised to refund my payment within 7 to 10 days. The hotel probably just want to make more money since it was festival season.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 25, 2010

My sister, friend and I stayed there for a girls weekend in Old Town. The location is great, you honestly can't ask for a better spot. We had some trouble when we checked in with the locks for 2 different rooms, the third time was the charm! The front desk clerk was very apologetic, but at least we finally made it into a room! We arrived during a rain storm and had to figure out the heter remote. When we called the front desk for some help, she got rude with us and made a very snide comment.... shouldn't treat your customers like that! The room itself was a nice size and pretty clean. One of the lights was falling off it's wall mount and the paint in the bathroom was peeling. The refrigerator had a broken handle, however it worked very well. The beds and pillows were hard and made my hips ache. The continental breakfast was basic at best- the coffee was cold and the juice was warm. Considering that I booked the room for about $70/night I can't say I'd complain too much, but if I'd spend more then I'd definitely be upset! I don't think I'd stay here again though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed there for about 2 weeks in July and loved every day of it. It is great being in walking distance of Old Town with all the restaurants, bars and shops. The staff was great and our room more than served the purpose. Also close to Pechanga where we loved to go. We are planning another trip out this year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We checked in after a long day of winetasting and was told the ground floor rooms were all taken, even though I requested it on their website - we are rewards members. No problem. The office is small and is also used for "continental breakfast", coffee, juice, pastries, bagels - they actually had a toaster and cream cheese. The hotel is near the freeway so it's loud. We got the 2nd floor non-smoking king , the room is large with a small fridge and microwave. The bed was hard, the pillows were well used and has seen better days. I forgot to pack mine. All linen was very clean. The bathroom door squeaked and the toilet water ran - it kept waking me up thinking water was dripping on the floor, after the 2nd time I shrugged it off. The pool was very small and the spa smaller, both located right outside the office and parking lot, not so cozy if I decided to sit in the spa to relax. Upon checking out I went into the office, the door bell rings, no one is at the counter. I stood there for 2 minutes then looked over the counter and noticed surveillance cameras, there I am in one of them, still no one. I call out "hello?" and a woman comes out like she was standing behind the wall watching me on camera. I turned in the key and asked if I needed to sign anything, without looking up the room number she said no and I was on my way. So check out was quick. She didn't know how to log in to the computer and had to call the owner to ask. I don't think we'll be returning to this one, even though it was cheap and conveniently located I think customer service could have been better to even out the score. The staff sort of creeped me out, no personality or warmth. Obviously the place is in need of updating but all we needed was a place to lay our head for a 2-day winetasting event.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mynahbird1
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We checked in to the roadway inn for some quality time with our kids, upon checking in we got treated rude by the maids.We made a complaint about them being rude and we end up getting treated like crap from the manager and his wife. The motel is alrite to stay at but themanagers are really bad with people and that makes buisness bad for that motel.The owner of the place needs to have a talk with the people that run it and let them know to start treating there people with respect.I would not prefer this motel to anyone.................................

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank vega2009
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn Temecula for two nights at the start of a week-long trip to southern California. With a flight that didn't arrive in San Diego until 9pm I didnt want to spend a lot for a room for our two day stay in Temecula. I was able to book a room here for $59 a night including taxes.

The location of the property is just off I-15 and its located in Old Town which means you can walk to all the shops and eateries. We spent most of our time wine tasting and the property is about a 15 minute drive to the highway where most of the wineries are located. The room was clean with no frills obviously. A few minor problems like the air conditioner was a little noisy and the soda machines were both sold out. They do have a continental breakfast which was extremely basic. All in all, for the price we paid, it wasnt bad.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mailcommando
Reviewed April 19, 2008

My wife and I drove round California/Arizona for one month in January/Feb
We weren´t planning to go to Temecula so we didn’t have a booking and the Rodeway was are only option. The room was ok for a chain hotel it was clean and lots of space.

The room was a little worn but you expect that from motels. Only downside was a group of bikers arrived and left early in the morning, clearly they had to compensate for something as they kept revving their bikes at 7.30am. Our night has not put us off staying at a Rodeway again. Great location at the end of the old town of Temecula.

Stayed: February 2008