“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This motel is ranked 18, it should be ranked lower, but there are only 18 motels listed in Temecula.

The good: 1. It is centrally located in Old Town Temecula. That's it.

The bad: 1. It is way overpriced.
2. It was full of loud partying people, which some rooms looked like they had 8 occupants.
3. The bathroom was nightmare material, this is not an exaggeration:
the doorway had been kicked in and was barely together
the shower had long black hair stuck on the walls
(I am not making this up) the toilet seat, not the lid, was taped together with clear tape
4. The fridge did not work
5. We did not use them, but the pool and jacuzzi were not in good shape
6. The free breakfast (again we did not attempt), was old coffee and some bread by a toaster
7. Road noise from the interstate and street
8. Every piece of furniture and bedding and pictures were dated

Room Tip: Stay away, far, far, away.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 29, 2013

So I decided to spend a romantic weekend with my wife. Do a little wine tasting, and enjoy the music in Oldtown Temecula. This hotels location is in the middle of Oldtown, so, I figured it would be perfect. First off, the exterior looks ok. However, once you get in the room it's obvious this hotel is not maintained. The paint is falling off, the carpet is run down, there are patch holes on the walls, etc. Still it was late and we were hungry, so we set out bags in the room and went to dinner. When we finally went to bed the fun started. We felt like something was crawling on us. After turning on the lights we could actually see Bed Bugs (look at photos on the internet). Then we saw cockroaches on the floor...and this was the second floor! We contacted the night manager immediately and he said 'we though we took care of that problem last week'!! All I can say is stay far, far away from this filthy hole. As we checked out we spoke to another couple who had the same issue.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keyser S
Long Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I gave this a very good review. It's a great bargain. Not fancy but perfect for a place to sleep and get coffee in the morning. We wanted a place that was clean and convenient and budget friendly. No need to spend $$$ when all we wanted was to sight see and go to the wineries.
It was clean, beds comfy. But, you have to make sure you ask for non-smoking. I didn't realize they still have smoking rooms in hotels. The staff was very pleasant and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking and away from highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy K
Lordsburg, New Mexico
Reviewed July 25, 2013

i stayed there last week and i had very good experience. great service, great locations,nice and clean rooms. we enjoy the pool all day and very nice restuarant in walking distance. hotel staff was very help full for direction.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tejash p
Ontario, California
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here July 18-20. I knew there was a problem when I saw the old tvs.... well the room was ,,,decent. its a motel. we went for cheap, you get what you pay for...the bathroom was clean the towels smelled like bleach. the AC worked. there was HBO & TNT. my refrigerator was tall and worked. the micro wave opener button was broken. the breakfast was a joke. the oranges had been there over a week. the coffee was cold, no tea or hot water. was told there is a microwave in the room, heat it yourself. front desk people were nonchalant. my friends cancelled but wound of bunking in my room. and the spa heater was off.

would I stay here again? if I cant get in the motel 6 sure. but it is right in the center of town activities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank marie b
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start off by saying that my girlfriend and I were a little hesitant to stay here after all the bad reviews we read. We finally agreed to stay there (the location was too good to pass up) this past weekend and surprisingly had an awesome weekend, We went in there expecting the worst but hoping for the best. When we first got there we were greeted and checked in right away by a really friendly front desk clerk. Once we got into our room we were pleasantly surprised by how, big, and comfortable the bed was. The room was clean, shower worked fine, so did the air conditioning, and television. Huge plus for me was the free wi-fi because I had some work to finish up. Long story short we sure are glad we decided to stay at this place because we may have found a little gem. This place is exactly why I don't take reviews to heart. Even though they are helpful, sometimes you just have to try things for yourself. I hope this review helps

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caleb H
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The best thing about the Rodeway Inn Temecula is the location: right on the Old Town Front Street, within walking distance from all the attractions, shops, bars and restaurants. Because of this fact I opted for this accomodation despite the price required was definitely exagerated for the type of housing. No complaints about the room I was offered : it was clean and large, equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The only flaw consisted in the annoying noise made by the adjiacent swimming pool filtering system, but it was luckily shut down before nighttime. What I found really unsatisfactory was the terrible attitude of the man who checked me in. He seemed not to care at all about his job and about a new customer, moreover in an arrogant and irritating way he refused to honour my Choice Privileges card, claiming to have entered my membership number when in fact he didn't even touch my card. As I've already experienced on several occasions such a bad practice often happens in motels run by foreign people. Claiming my due points back from Choice Privileges was very cumbersome, getting contradictory replies to my e mails, denying what themselves had previoisly stated. Only the help of a very kind and professional Choice Privilege Europe consultant, Sonia Williams allowed me to get what was due. The morning I checked out was luckily on duty a young and friendly employee. In the morning guests can have a very basic breakfast in the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid any room by the swimming pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo