Rodeway Inn Temecula
La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
Temecula Creek Inn(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$139
Holiday Inn Express Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$83
HIExpress.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$131
$119
Hampton.com
$79
$114
$109
SpringHill Suites
Pechanga Resort and Casino(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$161
TripAdvisor
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$259
Ponte Vineyard Inn(Temecula)
$320
$306
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Sometimes I have to wonder about certain reviewers, especially those with one review to their credit and who give places one-star reviews that are simply non-specific insults that are too damaging to ignore but too vague to refute. Searching for a pit stop for a late drive down to San Diego, I look at the TA reviews for Temecula hotels, and found the Rodeway Inn was the most reasonably priced, the best located, and the worst-reviewed, thanks to the angry-bird types. So I took a chance and stayed there.

It was perfectly adequate. Clean, well maintained, a bit blurred around the edges but nothing to get into a blather about. The rooms were nicely furnished and quite spacious. The location, however, really makes this hotel. It's right on the main drag and a short walk away from a wide variety of eating, drinking and dancing establishments. (Temecula, parenthetically, is one raving town, most surprisingly in my view; I was expecting a quiet countrified place but it turned out to be a Bacchanalian hive of enjoyable iniquity). Yet, our rooms were quiet and we slept well.

The moral: Don't always take reviews at face value, especially angry, vague ones from one-shot reviewers. Take the risk, try a new place, and sometimes it'll be worth it!

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank SoItinerant
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience ever! Only thing good was the reasonable price, but then again you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Godsfamilyoffour
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The room has serious safety concerns, as well as, maintance!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed October 16, 2011

NEVER stay here!!!!!

Drove from Northern California to see friends perform in concert in Temecula. In the wee hours of the morning I was looking for a hotel and called Rodeway Inn per some people I met at the concert. Though the reviews were not good, it was REAL late, and I was VERY tired after driving all day from Northern California.

I asked if they had rooms. "Yes," they replied. He asked for my name, including credit card (wasn't thinking straight -- too tired). Specifically said, "You won't charge my card unless I get there, right?" "Yes," they answered.

Didn't go there, didn't stay there.

They charged me anyway. Called them today, and they insisted I had a reservation (NOT!), and can't reverse the charges.

I didn't reserve it.
I didn't stay there.
I shouldn't have to pay for it.

"Bob" the manager said he can't do anything. No dice.

NEVER, NEVER stay there!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RBM2012
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We wanted to stay close to Old Town so we could walk around at night. They had a suite available and we took it. Once we walked in we noticed how dingy and dirty every thing looked. The comforter on the bed was ripped and looked as if it had never been washed. The couch looked as if it had been found at a garage sale and the bathroom was a whole other issue. We ended up going to the mall and buying a new bed in a bag set and threw every thing off the bed and used the new sheets. Oh and we bought new pillows too! What a nightmare! The room was just a disgusting mess and had it not been that every other hotel had been booked I would have rather stayed in the car! Save your money! Pass this one by quickly!!

Room Tip: Bypass this place quickly!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple