“Price & Location” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Claremont, California
“Price & Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

To be fair this is in a great location and we didn't pay a lot. That being said, I think the hotel could spend a little money and make it a great place for those who find it. I'm not sure the sheets were clean...that made everything dicey from the get go. The stairs to the 2nd floor were so weathered and worn that I worried on each step up and down if they'd hold and my hands were filthy from the railing...kept wishing that I'd remembered to just take a towel from the room and clean them myself (and I'm NOT a pristine housekeeper like that sounds !!) The attendant on duty had the personality of a sloth and I'm being pretty disrespectful to a sloth. The evening attendant was much better. Honestly, just a smile and a welcome was all I was expecting but that wasn't to be. HOWEVER, the hotel is within walking distance to great restaurants...some with bands on Saturday night, good shopping opportunities and did have a pool and spa. Would be a great bargain hotel with just a few adjustments that shouldn't increase the rate measurably. Perhaps they are beginning because the carpet seemed new. That's where the improvements ended. I'd suggest that new bedding be added AT THE VERY LEAST !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Sometimes I have to wonder about certain reviewers, especially those with one review to their credit and who give places one-star reviews that are simply non-specific insults that are too damaging to ignore but too vague to refute. Searching for a pit stop for a late drive down to San Diego, I look at the TA reviews for Temecula hotels, and found the Rodeway Inn was the most reasonably priced, the best located, and the worst-reviewed, thanks to the angry-bird types. So I took a chance and stayed there.

It was perfectly adequate. Clean, well maintained, a bit blurred around the edges but nothing to get into a blather about. The rooms were nicely furnished and quite spacious. The location, however, really makes this hotel. It's right on the main drag and a short walk away from a wide variety of eating, drinking and dancing establishments. (Temecula, parenthetically, is one raving town, most surprisingly in my view; I was expecting a quiet countrified place but it turned out to be a Bacchanalian hive of enjoyable iniquity). Yet, our rooms were quiet and we slept well.

The moral: Don't always take reviews at face value, especially angry, vague ones from one-shot reviewers. Take the risk, try a new place, and sometimes it'll be worth it!

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank SoItinerant
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience ever! Only thing good was the reasonable price, but then again you get what you pay for!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Godsfamilyoffour

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Northridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The room has serious safety concerns, as well as, maintance!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary F
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

NEVER stay here!!!!!

Drove from Northern California to see friends perform in concert in Temecula. In the wee hours of the morning I was looking for a hotel and called Rodeway Inn per some people I met at the concert. Though the reviews were not good, it was REAL late, and I was VERY tired after driving all day from Northern California.

I asked if they had rooms. "Yes," they replied. He asked for my name, including credit card (wasn't thinking straight -- too tired). Specifically said, "You won't charge my card unless I get there, right?" "Yes," they answered.

Didn't go there, didn't stay there.

They charged me anyway. Called them today, and they insisted I had a reservation (NOT!), and can't reverse the charges.

I didn't reserve it.
I didn't stay there.
I shouldn't have to pay for it.

"Bob" the manager said he can't do anything. No dice.

NEVER, NEVER stay there!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RBM2012
Tracy, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We wanted to stay close to Old Town so we could walk around at night. They had a suite available and we took it. Once we walked in we noticed how dingy and dirty every thing looked. The comforter on the bed was ripped and looked as if it had never been washed. The couch looked as if it had been found at a garage sale and the bathroom was a whole other issue. We ended up going to the mall and buying a new bed in a bag set and threw every thing off the bed and used the new sheets. Oh and we bought new pillows too! What a nightmare! The room was just a disgusting mess and had it not been that every other hotel had been booked I would have rather stayed in the car! Save your money! Pass this one by quickly!!

Room Tip: Bypass this place quickly!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary Ann M
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

The Rodeway Inn of Temecula is a nice, clean and friendly hotel.
The hotel is located right across the street from SoCal's largest cowboy dance hall, which is a blessing and probably a curse at times.
My wife and I had a ball at the Stampede in Temecula and didn't hear anything disturbing when we returned to the room to sleep.
The room is what you would expect, the beds were comfy and the shower had good pressure, also the pillows and towels were actually soft!
The staff are young and very friendly!
Breakfast was the usual fare...rolls, bagels, coffee and juice.
I'll stay here again...

Room Tip: We came for a hot-air balloon ride (highly recommended!) which was at sunrise and of course finished...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple