“NEVER stay here!”

Rodeway Inn Temecula
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed October 16, 2011

NEVER stay here!!!!!

Drove from Northern California to see friends perform in concert in Temecula. In the wee hours of the morning I was looking for a hotel and called Rodeway Inn per some people I met at the concert. Though the reviews were not good, it was REAL late, and I was VERY tired after driving all day from Northern California.

I asked if they had rooms. "Yes," they replied. He asked for my name, including credit card (wasn't thinking straight -- too tired). Specifically said, "You won't charge my card unless I get there, right?" "Yes," they answered.

Didn't go there, didn't stay there.

They charged me anyway. Called them today, and they insisted I had a reservation (NOT!), and can't reverse the charges.

I didn't reserve it.
I didn't stay there.
I shouldn't have to pay for it.

"Bob" the manager said he can't do anything. No dice.

NEVER, NEVER stay there!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RBM2012

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We wanted to stay close to Old Town so we could walk around at night. They had a suite available and we took it. Once we walked in we noticed how dingy and dirty every thing looked. The comforter on the bed was ripped and looked as if it had never been washed. The couch looked as if it had been found at a garage sale and the bathroom was a whole other issue. We ended up going to the mall and buying a new bed in a bag set and threw every thing off the bed and used the new sheets. Oh and we bought new pillows too! What a nightmare! The room was just a disgusting mess and had it not been that every other hotel had been booked I would have rather stayed in the car! Save your money! Pass this one by quickly!!

Room Tip: Bypass this place quickly!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary Ann M
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The Rodeway Inn of Temecula is a nice, clean and friendly hotel.
The hotel is located right across the street from SoCal's largest cowboy dance hall, which is a blessing and probably a curse at times.
My wife and I had a ball at the Stampede in Temecula and didn't hear anything disturbing when we returned to the room to sleep.
The room is what you would expect, the beds were comfy and the shower had good pressure, also the pillows and towels were actually soft!
The staff are young and very friendly!
Breakfast was the usual fare...rolls, bagels, coffee and juice.
I'll stay here again...

Room Tip: We came for a hot-air balloon ride (highly recommended!) which was at sunrise and of course finished...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tentaclet
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Water damage to walls and ceilings, stained toilet, television, sink not working, smelled of old ashes. Manager had a bucket perched on his printer to catch the water pouring from the broken air cooler and over the electrical wall outlet and seemed unconcerned. ....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lbrumage
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Skip this dump ! It was horrible. The toilet did not flush when we arrived. The room smelled of old cigarette smoke- even the pillows ! I asked to be moved to a non smoking room with a working toilet but was denied. The next morning the breaker needed reset as we had no light, air or electricity ! Gross, never again....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jen6789
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I only booked this place cuz every other Temecula hotel was already booked. What a total dump!!! Ants were in the shower in addition to the previous guests leftover soap still in the shower --- GROSS!!!! The shower curtain was stained and there was no liner either. Two of the lights in the room were out (one next to my bed and one in the bathroom vanity area), the walls were so paper thin we hardly got any sleep since our neighbors for the night were "busy" keeping us up all night. I brought my own body pillow since I'm preggo and mysteriously my pillow case was missing when i retruned home (this is a $25 pillow case specific for my pillow - not sure why someone would take that, but it happened in this hotel). The odor was not plesant and I can't believe we had to pay $169 for this dump! I tried to book it online for $139/nt but it would not process online so i called directly and the manager said that the price was too little to process online and he could get it for me at $149/nt - so I couldn't actually book it online for the better price due to their own system minimums and then the manager would not honor it at the internet price. He gave me a measly $5 off and i got it for $145, but with the taxes etc, it was around $169nt. This was not worth $50/night, but I was desperate. I'll think about simply driving home next time I have no hotel options in Temecula (a 50 min drive) rather than stay at this dump again. And, dump is the nice word for it, i'd rather use a different 4-letter word to really express myself that looks something like S*it-hole. YUCK! I couldn't wait for morning to come so we could get the hell out of there as soon as we woke up! Don't stay here, do yourself a favor, save a buck and sleep in your car instead! I did mention all of these problems to the woman at the front desk in the morning and she didn't even really apologize or offer any sort of renumeration or try to make it better, so I'm not sure if all my feedback helped them to do a better job in getting the room up to par for the next guests, but I simply don't think they even care...sad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here for one night and so glad it was one night. The room smelled funky and you could tell it had been awhile since the room was properly cleaned. The noise level at night was crazy. You could hear all the music from the resturants and bars on the main street, blaring car radios and reving motorcycles. I turned on the room fan and had earplugs and still could hear everything. There were alot of other guests who smoked outside making it hard to keep the room windows open. Spend a little extra and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple