Ponte Vineyard Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$142
$139
Hampton.com
$187
$154
EmbassySuites.com
$79
QualityInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$85
La Quinta
Temecula Creek Inn(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$139
$79
Holiday Inn Express Temecula(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$81
HIExpress.com
$109
Pechanga Resort and Casino(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$206
TripAdvisor
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa(Temecula)(Great Value!)
$259
1,655 results
All reviewscellar loungebouquet restaurantglass of sparkling winetasting roomhotel is beautifulfire pitoutdoor restaurantfull barwine countrywine club membersgrounds are beautifulfood and winegreat wineget awaybirthday celebrationthe hot air balloonstemecula valley
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Ponte Vineyard Inn certainly delivers well-appointed, comfortable and relaxing accommodation that is well-considered and in tasteful style. We stayed in late December and booked a mid-week package on the hotel's website that provided good value for this quality venue. While our stay in the Temecula wine district was all too brief, we were very impressed with the few wineries we visited and the attractive environment.

The hotel's Bouquet restaurant was full when we wanted to eat, but the staff managed to find us a table a bit later in the evening. The food was excellent - along with the accompanying Super T, supplemented by subtle and attentive service in a very comfortable and attractive dining area.

While we were waiting for a place in the Bouquet restaurant we tried the hotel's downstairs Cellar lounge. Given that we were staying in a winery's boutique accommodation I anticipated a vineyard cellar atmosphere with the opportunity to have a relaxed tasting of the Ponte Vineyard wines. Unfortunately, the Cellar lounge is nothing more than a basic bar that seemed a bit out of place in alongside the other facilities.

The bedroom was very spacious with extra comfortable beds and quality furniture. There was no sound from the neighbouring rooms. With the heating on, the bedroom was very cosy, but as noted by another reviewer the tiled bathroom with its oddly large shower was a trifle chilly.

A great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hello Li and Vi,
Thank you for visiting us all the way from New Zealand! It's so great to host travelers from all over. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the wine and food and that you were able to explore Temecula Wine Country a bit. I'm not sure how often you make it out our way, but we would love to host you again. Please contact us on your next visit.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went out to Temecula for some wine tasting and hot air balloon experience. Hotel is less than a year old and is beautiful. Right in the heart of wine country, this property is just what the area was needing - a 5 star property.

King room was spacious and comfortable with all amenities provided. My ONLY complaint on the room was that there is 24/7 water running noise in the poorly insulated pipes running above the room - actually kept me awake for most of the night.

Restaurant and lobby dining were sold out on Sat PM but the Cellar Lounge had a complete menu of small plates and appetizers. I appreciated the full/premium stocked bar - Clint the barman was very informative and provided excellent service.

The check in was a little unorganized - not sure of the difference between a Premium King room and a 'regular' King room other than the price. When asked about off property dining, the Front Desk agent was very inexperienced and offered no alternatives to the Cellar Lounge. We ended up researching on our own and walked next door to South Coast Winery where we had a fantastic dinner at the Vinyard Rose.

All in all a great property, perfect for groups, couples or girls weekend. This is my new home when wine tasting in the Temecula valley.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor - facing mountains or north vinyards
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi 50isthenew40 (cute name, by the way)
Thank you for your review of Ponte Vineyard Inn. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and appreciate your kind comments about the hotel. We are a bit concerned about your 'running water' comment. That isn't the norm and I would love to investigate. If you happen to know which room you stayed in, please contact us at info@pontewinery.com or just give us your name and we'll look it up. Again, thank you for your review. We hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I prefer a quiet bar where I can have conversations with friends and if that is what you like then the Cellar Bar is the place for you. A group of my friends and I were doing a little wine tasting hopping in the Temecula wine country. With some time to kill we just stopped by the Ponte Winery and went down to the cellar bar. I found it to have an elegant ambience with very knowledgable friendly bartenders. My friends had the happy hour sliders but I opted for the regular menu kobe beef sliders. The happy hour sliders were a barbeque sauce variety and my all said they were very good. My regular sliders had meat that was so tender you would think you were biting into ground beef. Also they had some tomato with a touch of purple onion and spicy mustard. I really did like them. One of my friends had tampura shrimp and I tasted one which was as good as I have had in any restaurant. I can't tell you anything about the wine tasting room because we did not go there. I could have spent the rest of the evening in the Cellar Bar and do intend on going back soon. As far as the wine goes I asked the bartender for a Sangiovese and what he served me I thought was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hi buzzboles,
Thank you for your review of The Cellar Lounge. We are glad you had such a great time. We strive to keep the atmosphere fun and relaxing and the food delicious! We hope you'll come back for another visit or a stay at the hotel on your next visit to Temecula Wine Country.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at Ponte and liked it very much. The rooms, common spaces and grounds have an elegant simplicity. We have stayed at South Coast before, and liked the villas and having a spa on the grounds, and we had been able to pay less at South Coast. But the beauty and peacefulness of Ponte would appeal to some people more. One thing about Ponte, though, their restaurant is better than anywhere else in Temecula wine country. No comparison! Wherever we stay in the future, we will make our way to one of Ponte's restaurants for dinner.

Room Tip: if there is a pool, we couldn't find it

Hi jeaniac,
Thank you for your review of Ponte Vineyard Inn and your comments on our restaurant. We just updated our menus for the Spring, so you'll have to come back soon and taste the new dishes. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again. If so, we hope to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

After a conference in Anaheim, my wife and I decided to check out southern California wine country. We stayed at the Ponte Inn for two nights and had a marvelous time. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Loved sitting outside by the fire pits, even on a cool March evening.

We had dinner at the Bouquet and found the service and food wonderful. The steak was tender and veggies super fresh.

My wife and are active types, but didn't find the lack of fitness facilities problematic. We loved walking through the vines and along the orange groves. We also found it relatively easy to walk between wineries, if we chose.

Oh, the beds! Feather top mattresses are SOOO comfortable.

We'd definitely go back, next time we are in the area.

Hi gscottwalters,
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to California. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We actually do have a fitness center on site at the hotel, but agree that it's nice to enjoy a walk around the vineyards and citrus groves. Please let us know if there is anything special we can do for your on your next visit to wine country!