“Is this really Temecula?!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ponte Vineyard Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Palm Springs, California
“Is this really Temecula?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed over the Valentine's/President's Day Weekend. I couldn't believe what Temecula has become and the Inn was a large part of our enjoyment. In comparison - it is simply the best for the destination. It was not inexpensive but well worth it as it was a short drive for us to getaway. Considering that this inn opened 6 months ago, the service is fantastic. I am a Hotel Executive and recognize what an amazing job they are all doing and have done. Therefore, understanding the complexities of running a small hotel / resort - I suggest you disregard some of the first reviews. We booked a Romance Package which I am hoping the hotel will offer year round because we really enjoyed it.

I loved the glass of sparkling wine upon arrival. The food was so good that we literally ate every meal there. A must have is the Scrambled Eggs wrapped in Smoked Salmon, served on Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. I am still dreaming about it. My husband had the Sea Bass one evening and myself the Filet Mignon with shaved Parmesan - all fabulous. We loved our server Candice - her recommendations were straight on.

We tried several of the recommended wineries but they were ok. We kept coming back to Ponte as the wines in our opinion were much better. We enjoyed them so much that we decided to join their wine club and decided to pick up our shipments so that my husband and I could enjoy coming back every few months to enjoy the hotel & grounds. The wine club offers quite a few nice perks and I love the private tasting room in the back for members. I was also able to make a few nice purchases in their gift shop with 40% off and a 20% discount off my stay. I would recommend joining the club ahead of time so you can reap all of the benefits.

This was our first trip back to Temecula in 10 years so I am not sure if it is always this busy or not. If it is - I might suggest to the Management to serve lunch at the Inn as the restaurant next door with their winery had a 3 hour wait. We luckily had leftover cold flat bread pizza from the night prior for lunch. Plus they have beautiful outdoor seating with an even better view. I would imagine that this is what they hope to grow into but you've got to walk before you can run.

I didn't love the "Cellar" downstairs. So we skipped that to sit outdoors. The rooms were simply decorated, yet clean and modern. The balconies / patios offer fantastic views of the vineyards, mountains and hot air balloons. I loved the toiletries - L'Occitane and their recycling initiative in donating guest's unused items to cleaning less fortunate children and families in other countries. BRAVO! I enjoyed the Keurig Coffee Maker too - just wish the mugs weren't so big and clunky. You could barely get a decent cup of coffee in them.

All in all - this was a pleasant surprise and new tradition for my husband and I. Keep up the great work and best wishes!

Room Tip: The double queen's seem to have a better view of the vineyards.
1 Thank Olivia P
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello Viceroy Palm Springs,
Thank you for your review, it's a great compliment coming from someone who works with such a great luxury property. We certainly appreciate all the feedback! Eventually, we may offer lunch service at the hotel, we are paying close attention to guest interest.
We hope to see you at the hotel soon or at the winery now that you are a member. If there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations on your next visit, please let us know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in Temecula for two nights and stayed at the Ponte Vineyard Inn. It is a lovely new facility, less than a year old. We had a spacious king suite with a balcony overlooking the vineyard. All of the amenities were luxurious and first class. We ate in the restaurant twice for breakfast and had unique, interesting, tasty meals. All of the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. I would return here again to visit Temecula wine country

1 Thank gailvlang
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi gailvlang,
Thank you for your review of the inn and for visiting us all the way from Eugene, Oregon! We love it when people from all over are able to find their way to us for a relaxing stay in the country. Please contact us the next time you visit Temecula, we would love to host you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I have been wine club members for three years. We were very excited to see the groundbreaking, building and opening of the inn. When I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday, she quickly responded with "A weekend at the inn!" Everything was perfect! We had lunch with some friends at the winery then wine tasting and finish the evening in the Cellar Lounge. It was just a perfect birthday weekend for my wife and I. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy L, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi Henjenn,
We are so glad your wife chose us to help her celebrate her birthday. We know you have a lot of choices in Southern California, thanks for visiting us and for writing this great review!
Our Wine Club Members are so important to us and always enjoy the best rates and perks at the hotel and winery. Please come back and stay with us again soon and let us know what we can do to make your next stay just as wonderful!
Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here after our wedding night since it was a close drive from our wedding venue, and I looked at 30 different places to stay in and around So Cal, and I am glad we choose this place! The room was very very clean, because I have high standards after working as a Hotel Inspector for 3 Years several years back. The Staff was extremely nice, and went over and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect! This Hotel has charm, and warmth! The only thing is I thought it had a pool but all I found was a pond out back...LOL! I cant wait to go back and stay and inhale the vineyards around us in Temecula, CA!

Hi Natalie,
Thank you so much for choosing us to host you on your wedding night - what an honor! We are also glad you enjoyed our cleanliness, we have very high standards too.
Please come back and enjoy the surrounding vineyards and the fresh air, and let us know how we can make your next stay as great as your first. Thanks again for sharing such a special evening with us!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently made a one-night trip to Temecula to do some wine tasting and chose the Ponte Vineyard Inn as home base, having visited their tasting room and wonderful gift shop just before the holidays. The Inn was a surprising delight. Open only since last year, the mission-style inn was beautifully constructed and landscaped. The room was large and very comfortable, with first-class amenities (including L'Occitane bath products and a Keurig coffee/tea maker). A complimentary glass of the winery's moscato upon check-in was a nice touch. Each member of the staff was friendly, professional and very welcoming. There's a superb, small dining room off the lobby, serving breakfast and dinner (truly wonderful - both meals were excellent). For lunch, it's a short walk over to the main winery/tasting room and a lovely outdoor restaurant under a covered loggia. Although I didn't use it, the hotel directory lists a 24-hour fitness room accessible with your room key. There is no pool, although I rarely make use of hotel pools, so that's not a negative for me. From Ponte, there's easy access by car to many of the areas best tasting rooms, including Wiens (right next door), Falkner (possibly the most beautiful setting of any winery in the valley), Monte de Oro, and Hart. Ponte Vineyard Inn is a top recommendation for anyone seeking a comfortable, elegant hideaway in the Temecula Valley.

PS- anyone making the short drive to Old Town Temecula for lunch really should stop by the Villa di Calabro tasting room on Main Street and taste their wonderful flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars. What a find!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi JamieR,
Thank you for your review and for staying at Ponte Vineyard Inn. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience and that you were able to comfortably enjoy the area's great wineries and restaurants. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Temecula. Please let us know how we can make your next stay as special as your first.
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

After many overnights in Temecula, we decided to stay at the Ponte Inn. It was a fabulous choice. The location is right in the middle of the wine country, within walking distance of three fantastic wineries. The rooms could not have been cleaner or more comfortable. The wifi was easily accessible and being greeted with Moscato was first class. We loved the room, restaurant and wine. What could be better?

Room Tip: We did not miss the pool, but loved our balcony overlooking the pond and spectacular view.
Hi Annemarie,
Thanks for the compliments on Ponte Vineyard Inn. I am glad you had such a great experience. We hope to see you again soon when the weather gets warmer and the vineyards get prettier. Please let us know if there is anything special we can do for you on your next trip.
Seal Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for romantic getaway with the wife. Staff was awesome, grounds were beautiful and the room was incredible. Finally a place to stay in Temecula besides South Coast that has a comfortable bed to sleep on. The room was quiet and had a nice balcony for a couple glasses of wine and a cigar. We will definitely be coming back to stay here again. Yes, it cost a little more to stay here than other places but isn't your sweetheart worth it?

2 Thank Michael H
Hi Michael,
We absolutely think your sweetheart is worth it! Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We'll keep the beds comfortable and the wine plentiful, please let us know how we can make your next stay as great as your last!