“A Winery Worth Visiting”

Monte De Oro Winery
Ranked #25 of 91 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: Monte De Oro Winery is one of Temecula Valley’s newest premier wineries with a passion for growing quality grapes, handcrafting premium wines and providing “the ultimate” wine experience for its guests. Featuring 100% estate wines, Monte De Oro has 4 vineyards with over 70 acres producing twelve red grape and five white grape varietals. Monte De Oro barrel-ages its red wines in 100% French Oak (85% American Oak for our Zinfandel) for up to 28 months to produce beautifully balanced wines accentuating the terroir and grape characteristics of our four vineyards. Our wines then bottle age for an additional 6 months before being released to the public.Monte De Oro Winery planted it first grapes in 2002 and opened its winery in 2010. Since 2010, Monte Do Oro has won over 60 awards, including 19 Chairman Trophy, Platinum, Double Gold or Gold Medals. We offer 13 red wines, 2 reserve wines and 5 white wines.
Huntington Beach, California
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A Winery Worth Visiting”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am not a big fan of Temeculah vineyards, but I know that will change as they grow older. But this winery was not only beautiful - I loved staying outside for my tasting - it was a good experience, and was relaxing. I love the large water feature and view on the back patio. Inside the floor is see-thru - TAKE NOTE LADIES....if you are wearing a dress. The people below you can see up to you, and visa versa. Really pretty place.

It was super busy, for sure, but the staff was fairly friendly, nothing special. I liked the big bolder reds, and appreciated the variety of them. Not once did anyone describe the wine they were pouring me. That was a miss. (three seperate people poured)

But for atmosphere and flavor....I will be back.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank HBsleepsurveyor

Los Angeles Area
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Gorgeous view, fabulous wines, knowledgeable service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is one of our favorite wineries in Temecula. Take your time tasting the wines. Bring each pour out to the patio to enjoy the outstanding views and just relax. The winery can get busy on the weekends, but there are enough nooks and crannies outside to find a quiet spot if you like. The servers are very knowledgeable, though Penny is our favorite. If you enjoy reds, this is a great spot to stop and joining their wine club is one of the best in Temecula.

Visited March 2013
Bedford, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Busy inside, go to the lovely patio!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our last stop for the day, mainly to see the cellar beneath their glass floor in the main area, which was a nice touch. We had a glass of wine and took it to the large patio. The view from the patio is lovely and it is much nicer than the crowded inside.

Visited March 2013
Regina, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Would definitely go back again!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The impression as we approached the winery promised a good visit and we were not disappointed. The server for the wine tasting was very friendly and helpful. We ordered a meat and cheese tray to go with the wine and were pleased with the selection. We like red wine and so our tasting was limited to that selection and they have some very nice choices. It was a bit cool for the patio but I would love to return on a warmer day and enjoy the wines in the outdoors. Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed but if the wines and décor are any indication, I'm sure it would be great. We tried to leave the server a tip but were informed that they are not permitted to accept tips. There is an area of glass floor which I found interesting and on looking closely, it looked onto a meeting room below. A bit disconcerting for any female wearing a dress and although I'm not sure if it possible to see anything from below I would suggest checking if there is anyone down there before walking over it. The superior, friendly service we got there boosted a very good rating up to excellent.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great tasting room - don't wear a dress!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This has a great atmosphere - love the room, the glass floor (or ceiling depending on where your sitting) & the outside patio is great. Came here with the girls - we had such a great time, but then again, we always do. The wines were good. My friend loved the reds. I liked them too.

Visited March 2012