“Fun inexpensive way to do wine tasting”
Review of Wine on a Dime

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wine on a Dime
Ranked #9 of 21 Shopping in Temecula
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped by for their 10 cent wine tasting and got at least 6 tastings of different wine that they selected to best fit our liking. Almost all of them hit the spot and were delicious. The staff was both helpful and knowledgeable. We bought 4 of the wines we tasted, they were just too good. If you buy wine after your tasting, the wine tasting is then free. We had fun and I would go back for sure.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

first tasting! Wine tasting for a dime is only M-Th, weekend is $10 for six pours. Nice looking store, attentive staff but hit or miss for snacks to clense pallate, we didn't receive any until halfway thru. Cute tasting area with oak barrels used as tables. Rarely do they offer local wines for tasting so I wouldn't come back on the weekend.

- Amberhill 2010 Secret Blend $9.95 - mellow, lightly sweet, enjoyable Muscat theme easy to drink by itself or with fruit, cheese, fish. I would buy but not today.
- La Playa 2011 Chardonay "un-oaked" $8.95 - nothing wrong with this but for a Chard it is rather basic. Almost bland, easy to drink but my tongue demands more flavor!
- Morse Code 2009 Padthaway Siraz $9.95 - only two bottles left when we tasted and then there's 2010! Delightful spicey aroma, maybe a hint of berries, with stronger but smooth berry flavor tantilizing the tip of our tongue! Worth buying, bought one.
- 14 Hands 2009 Hot to Trot $12.95, disc to $10.95 - Cab, Melot, and Shiraz. I don't know, I'm disinclined towards WA state wines so the sweet berry mixed with overly earthy Cab doesn't do it for me. It's spicey though and not exactly unpleasant so maybe if I didn't know where it was from I might like it a bit more.
- 14 Hands 2009 Cab $12.95 - Wow, almost no aroma yet pleasant, the taste of cherry is ever so hinting and far less earthy than the Hot to Trot blend. Worth drinking but I probably wouldn't buy.
- Mapes Cellars 2009 Day's End $12.95 500ml - Syrah, Grenache made in Port style. Great price for Port style, AND a local vintage! Easy and sweet, I liked it except there's a prune flavor in scent and taste which gives me pause...

Maples Cellars Chocolate Decompression no year $12.95 500ml
- We told the guy we were buying some Ruta 22 $9.95/bottle and the last Morse Code so he served this when he noticed us eyeing it! Delightful, devine aroma but there's a medicinal tinge when drinking which is too bad.

1  Thank purefct