WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Norfolk, Virginia
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my husband. After staying at a few Las Vegas casinos, my expectations were high. The room was nice, and the bed very comfy! The lighting in the bathroom is dim-not great when you are trying to get ready. Very clean though. As for the casino, there are plenty of table games and slots to choose from. On a Saturday night, I was taken back when the minimum went from $15 to $25 while playing roulette. The round bar was a great place to people watch and enjoy a cocktail. As for the restaurants--NO for Kelsey's, I'll review that later. The buffet was decent, especially the desserts!

1 Thank mrsdani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel as that was where all of the guests for a local winery wedding were staying -- rather expensive on weekends, but midweek rates reasonable. The majority of the first floor is the casino, the usual smokey and noisy environment -- 100's of thousands of square feet - overwhelming,. The room was first rate, very clean with pleasant, modern decoration -- we had a lovely view of the golf course. The service in the hotel restaurants we visited were excellent and the selection of dishes and quality were wonderful, a nice surprise, not overly expensive either. No real negative issues encountered -- the actual lobby area was being redecorated (destroyed) and the area was rather noisy during the workdays, however we mentioned this to management who were able to lower our daily rate to compensate for the inconvenience.
We were not attending for the gambling but I would imagine that that this would be a perfect location. Old Town Temecula nearby is a must see -- check out the Olive Oil Factory.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view, high up but not too close to 13th floor where there is a nightclub (noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mikelob
Lake Forest, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We really enjoy staying overnight at Pechanga. We recently went for our 2nd wedding anniversary. The rooms are very nice, always clean with some of the best beds! We actually felt like staying in our room more then gambling because it felt like a nice retreat! Also customer service is always wonderful! Ordered room service and got our food within 20 minutes. Everything tasted great and was very fresh.

We will continue to come back to Pechanga.

1 Thank Dannielle F
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I went to Temecula with bunch of our friends for wine tasting and booked 2 two room suites at Pechanga for all of us to stay.
I've booked the hotel 3 months in advance since we have a large party and asked to give us the rooms that are close to each other. They did say that rooms close together is not guaranteed and it can be determined at the time of check-in which is understandable.

On the day of stay, we checked in a little earlier at 11am since we had to drop off our bags at the hotel before we went to wine tasting.
At the time of check-in they told us that we'll be getting the both rooms next door and will be receiving the call when the rooms are ready since normal check-in time is 4:00pm.
While we're having fun wine tasting I got a missed call with voice mail saying our rooms are ready and we can pick up our keys at the front desk any time.

We got back to the hotel around 5pm and went straight to hotel front desk to pick up our keys and they told us that only 1 rooms is ready and we have to wait. it was already 1 hour after the standard check-in time... really? Then why did we even received the call that our rooms are ready...??

Supervisor came out and we asked her why the room is not ready when we received the call and its passed the check-in time for more than an hour, she was just keep repeating that the room is not ready and there's nothing she can do.
We asked to see the manager and she was keep repeating that she is the supervisor and wouldn't let us talk to manager above her and was keep repeating she'll give us complementary late check out... and keep saying that we are not getting our room on time because we asked specific rooms.. really? I called 3 months in advance and only asked our rooms to be close together!! Also you told us in the morning that our room will be ready and you called us to confirm!!! why did you even call then?? now its our fault? also late check out won't do anything for us!! and we wanted to go to our room and get ready so we can go out to dinner!!!

Finally we were really mad and we asked to see anyone above her and then we could finally talk to the manager. At this time, we've been standing at the front desk for almost an hour.
We seriously wasted our time for an hour standing there and listening to nonsense...!

When we talked to the manager, he told us the same thing! our room is not ready because we asked specific room requirements which is only we wanted the rooms close to each other!!!!!
Ugh!! we asked what they can do for us and only thing the did was giving us $50 discounts on each room, our rooms were 2-room suits.. $50 doesn't do anything to our room rate -_- and that was it...

After having the horrible experience at front desk we went to our room, got ready and went to dinner. Every place we went in the hotel had bad service and unfriendly employees and this didn't stop until the next morning when we went to have breakfast..!!

Seriously, I would never go back to Pechanga in my life and would not recommend to anyone.
If you're thinking of any weekend getaway, consider going anywhere else but Pechanga.. It's not worth your time...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank santoki00

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My stay started out on a negative note when I drove up to the valet, and the girl directing traffic points for me to go into a certain lane. All of the other lanes had cars backed up, so I rolled my window down and asked one of the valets if I should pull all of the way up. He told me I was in the drive through lane and would have to go all of the way around and come back up another street. I was not a happy camper and on my way to navigate all the way around the parking lot just ended up parking in self parking and lugging all of my stuff myself. It was hot and I was mad. Check in went very well, excellent customer service and they made sure I had a room with good wifi reception as I had to get some work done. My room was very clean and the furnishings were in good condition. Very nice.

I ate dinner at the buffet, and it was pretty good. Service wasn't so great at first but then my server warmed up and it ended on a positive note. I gambled a little bit before bed, and went to bed. I was awakened after midnight by a domestic disturbance across the hall from me, and when I looked out of my peephole I saw several hotel employees. They handled the matter, it seemed to be over, and I went back to bed. Right as I was falling back asleep I was awakened by loud voices in the hallway, this time it was the female from the room with the disturbance standing outside my door talking to a bellman. The bellman was chatting with her, she was telling him about her drama, and they continued this disturbance for several minutes. Right as I had decided to open the door and tell them to shut up they finally walked away. I was pretty irritated that the employee didn't have the good sense to keep it down and direct this person away from standing in front of someone's room.
The next morning I had breakfast in the cafe. They had a really good breakfast buffet with eggs, fruit, french toast etc. I asked the server for non fat milk, and after almost 10 minutes she came up and told me that they "were trying to find some milk". I didn't understand how they didn't have milk in a restaurant that serves breakfast and wasn't sure I wanted some milk that had to be hunted down. Then when I got up to get more fruit, the server took all of my stuff off of the table. I was 20 feet away, the place wasn't busy, and yet apparently she couldn't see me and decided to clear my table. Annoying.
So, the room was nice, for the most part the food was good, the service was hit and miss and they need to educate their employees on proper late night hallway voices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side apparently have better wifi reception.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kelly V
La Habra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Pechanga on Labor Day and we loved it. Room is a 4 star room, pool area very nice and clean, dining is a great selection, we ate at Blazing Noodles and the buffet and loved it. Gambling was fun and even won a little money. From the other casinos I have visited, there were more jackpot winners here than other So Cal casinos. All in all, an A+ for this resort.

Room Tip: High floor, preferably 12th, overlooking the pool/golf course. Will not be dissatisfied.
1 Thank Pollie3996
Perris, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great casino for southern Ca. I was pleasantly surprised at how many restaurants there were here! I think about 14. The drinks were not over priced, and the penny slots kept us busy for the night! The steak house was delicious. Probably one of the best steaks i have had in a long time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013