“3 Star Accomodations, 2 Star Service at 4 Star Prices”

Pechanga Resort and Casino
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“3 Star Accomodations, 2 Star Service at 4 Star Prices”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was very disappointed in my recent stay at Pechanga. It was our first time there and high hopes for a nice weekend getaway. The draw for us was the fact that Jim Gaffigan, the comedian, had a show there. The show was great! He was hilarious. Unfortunately the show was just about the only positive part of our experience at Pechanga.

The pool was not much to speak of and much smaller than I had envisioned for a Resort. I had what was supposed to be a prenatal massage at the Pechanga Spa and was more of an 80 minute long lotion application session. I'm not entirely sure this person was even a licensed masseuse since it didn't feel like a massage at all and I've had quite a few massages including prenatal massages in recent months.

The casino itself was smokey but the biggest issue we had was with the service. Across all our experiences from the front desk to the cafe to the security, service was sub-par with the exception of the bell desk. Sami, our bellman, seemed to be the only person who was happy to work at Pechanga.

Check out was at 11am and we were planning on spending a couple of hours at the pool before heading home however once you check out you can no longer access the pool. When we asked the front desk at check out for permission to access the pool for a couple of hours (seeing as we had just spent $500 in one day [between the room night, the show tickets, and meals] at their resort, I didn't think it was an unreasonable request), she immediately dismissed our request stating that late check can only be extended to noon. Since we still wanted to grab something to eat before that meant no more pool for us.

Breakfast at the cafe was terrible and the whole experience on the day of check out left a bad taste in our mouths. We will not be back to Pechanga.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SuzieBlitz1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here for a golf tournament last month. Checked in a little early and my room was ready with out a problem. The front desk clerks were not the fastest but they got the job done. The room was nice and clean, there was a large bathroom. I had a view of the parking lot but over all the room was nice and clean. The bed was nice and comfy. I am always impressed by hotels that offer free water for their guests. That goes a long way for me.

My clubs were taken straight to the club house when I checked into the hotel. The staff at the club house was not the best. I could not find my cart and no one could seem to help me.

The restaurants were very nice and would eat at them again.

Over all a nice place and I will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ledieff
Whittier
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at there R V park this time and the place is spotless , pool/spa are very clean, landscape is well manicured. They offer free shuttle service to and from casino 24-7. There restaurants and food court offer a verity of very tasty food.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Richard M
Helendale
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pechanga is a beautiful, spacious resort casino easily accessible off the interstate in Temecula. The setting is superb--close to Old Town, shopping and wineries. The golf course on site, pool area, rooms and array of gambling choices--it's one of the largest casinos in California--are great. The only problem: feeling like your gambling in the middle of a cigarette carton!! I've been to tons of casinos in Las Vegas, back East and the Caribbean, and I've never experienced so much SMOKING in my life. It's ridiculous and because of it, I will never return to Pechanga even though everything else about the property is great! If you don't mind inhaling a lot of second hand smoke and up your risk of getting lung cancer, then try Pechanga. Otherwise, there are plenty of other casinos in the San Diego area that aren't as smoky!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Joan G
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and i have been going to Pechanga for three years now,we stay at the beautiful R.V. park.Have always had a great time and looked forward to going back.
This last trip was a dissapointment.First they raised the price of a "draft beer" from $3 dollars to $3.75 after we leave a tip thats $10.00 for 2 beers.Then we went for Mexican food at the food court to get a" taco bowl salad" that use to be so fresh and homemade and find out it has new management,the food wasTERRIBLE! you could get better at taco bell,and they raised the prices.We will never eat there again.Also had dissapointment at the Cafe which always had great food,The gravy was currdled on the chicken fried steak and on last day had a hamburger raw after ordering well done sent it back brought me another still to raw,disgusted i just left food didnt eat. Sad because we always would look forward to our trip, would normaly give an excellent rating cant this time:(

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbie B
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I contacted Pechanga in August 2012 to arrange a room block for my May 2013 wedding. I spoke to Jacquelyn Smith who was actually very nice and extremely helpful. We blocked 15 rooms for our event.
The wedding weekend comes and my entire wedding party, family and friends get to pechanga to check in.......only to have to wait in the lobby for hours trying to get the correct rooms.
Most of my guests booked rooms with 2 beds and non smoking. When they went to check in they were told that there were no rooms available with 2 beds but they would give them one bed and a cot. In a smoking room. May I add they still wanted to charge them the same price? Which is not a minimal amount. $239.00 for the Saturday night and $139.00 for the Sunday night.
Needless to say, my wedding party and guests were all pretty upset. They had to sit and argue with their staff for almost an hour. Some of them they were able to magically find a room with 2 beds for but most of them had to deal with the smoking room, one bed and a cot.....and still pay the same price.
My husband and myself also stayed at the hotel. They had initially charged my father's credit card back in August 2012 for $250.00 that was to be applied to my room charges, the remainder was to be charged to my father's credit card at check in. The hotel staff mistakenly charged my husband's debit card (not my father's) for the full amount of the charges (not applying our $250.00 deposit). I saw the pre authorizations on our wedding day and called down to the front desk to correct this. Sandy explained to me that these were not going to charge our card, they would be forwarded to my father's card (the master billing card). I had to find out the hard way that they had charged my husband's debit card afterall when I tried to use the card the next day entering Mexico for our honeymoon!
I tried contacting Pechanga ( I was working with a manager by the name of Tina Cramar) and they are no help what so ever. They keep stating that Michele Jolie is going to call me, to talk to me about their errors and I receive no phone call. They keep telling me that they have mailed a check to refund our $250.00 (our deposit that was never applied) and we have received nothing.
I would never recommend this hotel to my worst enemy, let alone the hotel you choose for your entire wedding party....family and friends to stay at for your wedding.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank thenewlyweds33

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Templeton
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a 3 day event held at the Pechanga Resort & Casino. It was a sorority convention & we had lots of fun. The resort is very clean. The rooms are well maintained & spacious. There are floors for no smoking...we secured rooms on the third floor. We had a view of the pool & frequented it daily. The valet parking is free..just tip the folks that literally run to locate your vehicle. They must stress excellent customer service in their training..because it showed everywhere!
I'm not a gambler...and didn't like the smoke..the nonsmoking areas still had smoke..so you just deal with it if you must be in the casino. Eat at "Bamboo", excellent Asian cuisine, a few fun shops.
Old Town Temecula has some good restaurants and there is plenty of shopping nearby

Room Tip: Third floor is a great location..on the pool level. DON'T do 12th floor, under the club.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends