“Great RV Park”

Pechanga Resort and Casino
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Pechanga RV Park during a wine tasting trip to Temecula. The park is “Big Rig” friendly. We found the park to be very clean and quiet. Our site had some shrubbery along the back which made it nice and private. There is a shuttle that runs through the park going to the Hotel/Casino that made it very convenient for us to visit that part of the property. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Just got back from a birthday dinner at Pechanga tonight, and I usually don't bother writing bad reviews, but I'm so disappointed in our experience at the cabaret lounge.

My family members and I had a surprise birthday party for my dad at the Buffet. The evening started out great, the buffet servers and manager were very accommodating. We had a rather large party, but everything went smoothly. Everyone was very nice, and they even sang happy birthday to my dad. The buffet part of the evening was perfect.

The bad part happened after when I took my parents to the cabaret lounge to enjoy some music and get a few drinks. I ordered a blended margarita for my mom. Big mistake. I tasted it and It was so watered down and nasty that I asked the bartender to add more alcohol or something to try and fix it. She said she couldn't because everything was pre-measured. Fine. I decided to let it go. But when I gave it to my mom, even she said it tasted like blended ice. sigh. So my mom goes up to the bar to try to get them to fix it and the manager there was extremely rude to her. It basically ruined my mom's night, which is what ticks me off. I mean after spending $400 dollars at the buffet, they couldn't fix a damn margarita. What happened to customer service? I just can't stand the fact that the manager at the bar was really rude to my mom, which ruined her night, which is so disappointing when all I wanted them to have was a good time.

We've lived in temecula for 20 years and have been coming to pechanga since it was still in trailers. It's too bad that this incident makes me not want to come back.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
21  Thank nikevr
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We attended an event at the Pechanga Resort. While everything was clean and well laid out, it is not somewhere I would recommend as a destination. I would recommend staying if you are attending an event as it makes it very convenient. The service was ok, the pool area is a joke. I cannot believe with the temperatures that Temecula can reach that the pool is so small. There is a guaranteed check in of 4pm, which our room was not ready. We had actually been told were would receive VIP early check in, I would have just been happy if the room had been ready at 4pm. We went to the Greak Oak for dinner. The food was good, service deplorable. Our waiter forgot our wine among other things. All in all, just a place to stay for convience and nothing more.

6  Thank jpknw
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Well we had a Great Experience!

We just returned from 3 nights at the Pechanga RV Resort.

We checked in on Thursday August 25, 2011 for three nights. Check-in was quick. Only took a few minutes. I thought with all the RV's checking in at the same time it might take a while but they had four people checking people in. We arrived at about 1 pm. Our friends arrived at the same time. They were their for the Alan Jackson concert. We had sites E - 4 and E - 6. Everyone was nice and helpful at check-in. Someone from the staff was at our sites to unlock our sewer caps within about five minutes after we backed in. They want to make sure you have the correct sewer connection.

It was very convenient that if you wanted a shuttle to pick you up at your RV site to take you to the Casino etc. you just called the number and they were there in a few minutes. We used the shuttle three times.

We had no problems with internet service. Whenever we logged on it worked without kicking us off. We sat in our RV and outside with no problems whatsoever.

We never had any problems running our two air conditioners.

We at Kelsey’s Bar the only time we ate at the Casino. We had three other friends join us so we has a party of seven. We were greeted in about a minute by our server. She took our drink order and returned shortly after. She asked if we were ready to order which we did. The food was very good. My wife and I had the Carne Asada salad. We were both surprised how much Carne Asada was on the salad.

Gambling wise, if you sign up for the players card, you received a $10 credit for food or gaming. Our friend won $100 on her $10.00. Her husband won $235 on three card poker. We did notice smoke in the Casino but we didn’t think it was that bad.

Overall, a great stay in the RV Park and Casino.

My only complaint is that the Blackjack or other table dealers that I played at had no personality. Not even a “good luck” when you changed cash for chips. No talk whatsoever. I always tip when I am on a winning streak or even breaking even if I‘m having a good time. I ended up losing a small amount but for the first time ever, never tipped a dealer. Just a hello and good luck isn’t much to ask. Patting the table when your dealt an Ace isn't enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lew M
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The registration process was quick and easy. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The park itself is clean and well run. The sites are well laid out and spacious. We opted for the premium site and felt it was worth the money as we entertained friends and family. There was enough room to park our 26 foot trailer, pickup and two additional cars.

The guests tended to be older and engaging. The nights were quiet and the numerous pets people brought went noticed but unheard. The hilly surroundings and quiet give it a peaceful feel and the experience was quite relaxing. I would recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Diverdown17
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Horrible experience!. Do not even think of going to this RV park if you like to use or need any internet service at all whatsoever.

We arrived and paid for 2 weeks in advance. We received a discount but were told not to expect any refunds at all. They have a no refund policy. I will tell you why. Keep reading.

If you have read other reviews about this place you will notice that they have not lifted a finger to improve at all. We arrived in our 45 foot motor home and paid extra for a pull through spot. We connected the power and all other hookups and noticed quickly that there was a problem. The breaker kept tripping and the power would not stay on. I have 4 air conditioners so I shut off one of them. Still the breaker tripped. I shut off 2 of them and still the same problem.

I contacted the office and they sent someone out to look at it. His response was “can’t you just run one air conditioner?”. I told him it was just a weak breaker and it needed to be replaced. He replaced the breaker and everything was fine, well for about 20 minutes.
The park advertises that they have wifi internet service but I could not connect to it. It was so weak that I could not even find it while searching with my mac. They sent out a tech and he could not get it to work on his laptop either. His recommendation was that I use my laptop outside the coach where I could locate a signal. How crazy is that recommendation?

I went to the office and asked for another spot. They put me in the H row and unlike other reviewers I did not find it to be noisy. I did not have wifi service there either though. I went to the office and asked where the wifi antennas were located so I could move the coach closer to an antenna. I was told “that information is confidential”.

I connected to my cell phone hot spot for a week to avoid dealing with their nonsense. I was notified by my carrier that I exceeded my limit and the internet would be slowed down until my next billing cycle. I was pretty annoyed at this point so I went to the office and told them I would have to leave due to no wifi service. They told me there would be no refunds. I told them they were misrepresenting the public with false advertising about having wifi service. I was then told that wifi is an amenity and it does not have to work. I was appalled so I asked for a manager.

They finally agreed to refund my money but then they tried to refund me for the balance of time as if I did not get the weekly discount. They charged me for the week already used at the highest daily rate and tried to short change my refund. I explained that this was not right and that the only reason I was leaving was due to their shortcomings. They gave me a larger refund but still I was short changed. I was so annoyed I just accepted it.

When I could in fact find wifi in the park it would kick me off and I would have to log on about every few minutes. Also it would not even let me log on most of the time. It would say “time out error”.
I am very computer savvy and my wife had the same problem on her PC.

There are a few spots in the park that do have pretty decent service. I used my cell phone wifi meter to survey the whole park and I found 4 out of what seems like hundreds of spaces where I found decent if any wifi service. These locations were near the pool where I finally found the “confidential” location of the wifi antennas.

Again, if you do not need internet at all or if you are willing to carry your computer into the building near the bathroom and laundry room then you will be fine. The grounds are nice and other than the poor attitude about customer happiness and wifi the surroundings are nice, well except for the push button timers on the showers. You have to keep pressing the button for more time or the water will shut off. With all the money the casino is raking in you think they would get their act together.

I wrote this review while at the park. It took me several attempts to get on the net to submit the review. Their wonderful wifi continually kicked me off.

20  Thank William B
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I called and spoke with a Richard from VIP department requesting I receive a better hotel rate based on my playing points in the past, which was denied. I politely asked if I may speak to a host or hostess to see if they could accommodate my request, and Richard stated he would not transfer me since I do not have a host assigned. Eventually as I persisted, Richard agreed to transfer me to the host, and then hung up on me. I immediately called 3 times after, and Richard answered each call, and each time stated he would transfer me to the host, but just hung up.

I don't intend to let his rude and unprofessional manner get away with treating customers like that. I definitely will contact their general manager and notify the person involved about Richard's despicable behavior. Because of Richard's response, I will tell all my friends about the kind of service provided at Pechanga, and I have no intentions of ever staying or giving my money to the casino. By the way, I did ask Richard the name of his supervisor and he stated he was the supervisor, and refused to give any other information.

9  Thank pizaz