New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Very rude. Slept in my car.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Temecula - Historic Old Town

Motel 6 Temecula - Historic Old Town
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
“Very rude. Slept in my car.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I am from Oklahoma, here on business. (24 hours from home.) I used a business card with a letter from the business and copy of my boss' drivers license, phone number FAX number..... etc. They took copies of everything... when we needed to book another night (the next night) at 11pm because we ended up having to stay an extra day... she said there is nothing she could do even with the copies of the papers and everything. I explained to her my boss had already been contacted and they had taken my card the night before with that paperwork. I told her we were 24 hours from home with absolutely no where to stay since they are the only hotel we had contacted to make prior arrangements for my business card. I asked her if there was anything she could do.. and she said absolutely not. I became frustrated as she was talking to other people in the background and didn't seem to understand I had already been authorized to use this card. She wouldn't even FAX an authorization form to my boss. I asked to speak with her manager and she said they were not there and I said ill contact them tomorrow then she told me to go ahead and hung up the phone. I slept in my car. Thanks motel 6. I will never stay at one of your places again.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank lillyelizabeth88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

When we got to the hotel, our check in was speedy but unfriendly even with some attitude, didn't even tell us how to find our room. Once we got to the room, it had a funny stale smell. There was still dirty paper in the bathroom. At night was the worst! We did not sleep all night because there were bugs in the bed!!!!!!!! There were stains on the sheets, pillows, bed ... Needless to say we literally slept sitting up with our clothes on and did not cover ourselves. When you ask if I will recomend this hotel?! NO!! I will tell everyone to please consider paying $20-30 more and stay in a friendlier and CLEANER place .. This place was disgusting! WILL NEVER STAY HERE OR ANY Motel 6

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica C

Travelers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Ventura, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We never had any problems during our stay. The room was clean (#128) and no bugs. That's all I need. I knew they didn't have free wifi, but $2.99 for 24 hours is pretty good. Denny's is a block away. Room was quiet. It would be nice to have shampoo and a hair dryer in the room, but that's pretty universal in a Motel6. I will be returning to this same hotel in August.

Room Tip: Get room #128
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stattad
Walnut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed on Saturday, June 2, 2012. Beautiful weekend, great location! People are super friendly and helpful. Rooms are simple, but clean and sufficient.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The motel was clean. Of course, I immediately took off the bedspread. I asked housekeeping for another sheet and completely enclosed the blanket in the sheets. BUT, I do this at all hotels that don't already have it done. The grounds were clean, all the staff was pleasant, what else do you want, after this is a Motel 6. It met our needs and we would return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Auburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Pros: Near "Old downtown" section (very cool!).

Cons: Filthy! When we got into our beds at night the sheets looked old/dirty. We took a closer look and they were definately dirty...we saw many small little black hairs! Yuck! We immediately left that room!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelly E
Indio, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

room was absolutely awlful - beds uncomfortable-lots of noise! Was at least clean- I'm sorry but at $89 bucks I'd rather throw in a few more & get adecent room!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends