“Great wine tasting”

Danza del Sol Winery
Ranked #17 of 95 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: Danza del Sol Winery is located on the beautiful De Portola Wine Trail and offers you a unique and personal wine tasting experience that you won’t find anywhere else in the Temecula Valley Wine Country. Danza del Sol Winery is excited to share with you its revamped wine tasting room and inviting outdoor patio that combine both simplicity and elegance paired nicely with our hand-crafted wines. To accompany this great atmosphere and the elegant selection of wines, the views from the patio of Danza del Sol Winery are wonderful, and really capture the true essence of the Temecula Valley Wine Country.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It is rare to fined a winery that has more than one bottle of wine at a tasting that I like out of 6 wines I liked 4 . I will be back just for the Grenache 2009 so good.

1  Thank jsp58

Reviewed August 29, 2012

While Danza del Sol seemed like a small winery, they had a large selection of wines, and most that we tasted were very good. We didn't spend too much time exploring and didn't go to their outdoor patio, but the interior was a small with not much to be said for decor. But we weren't there for the decor, we were there for the wine, which we enjoyed. The gentleman who helped us (I can't remember his name-- I think it may have been Wayne, but it just as easily could have been something else) was super friendly and enthusiastic about the wine. He was a jovial guy with some great recommendations. He made the tasting a lot of fun.

3  Thank vix814
Reviewed August 7, 2012

So, on our current trip to the Coachella Valley, we decided to drive from Vegas to Palm Desert via Temecula. Researching on the Temeucla wineries website, I found this one. What attracted us was the fact that it is dog friendly so my husband & I could both go in at the same time and not leave the dog in the car. They were wonderful. Of course our dog initially took all the attention away from the wine tasters, but once he had met everyone, he settled down and so did the humans!
We had a lovely server named Suzanne. She couldn't have been nicer and even gave us a few extra tastes of different wines. Each one was better than the next. Honestly, there wasn't a wine we didn't like. We really tasted almost all of them as I like white and my husband likes red. The rose was as good as we had recently in the south of France and has even won an award. The prices are a bit more than what you'd pay in a liquor store but you must remember. You cannot buy these wines anywhere but the vineyard and you also have the experience. I would strongly advise anyone taking a trip to the wineries in Temecula to not miss this one. We liked it so much, we signed up for the wine club and plan to make the 4 1/2 hour drive 4 times a year to pick up our wine as part of this club and will most likely be there even more often!
Just as a note...a tasting of 5 different wines is $10 a person but if you google Temecula wineries or Danza del Sol, there will most likely be a 2 for 1 coupon.

2  Thank Lynda L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were referred here by someone at another winery who gave us a promotional coupon, so we decided to try it and were glad we did! This was the first winery on DePortola Road that we visited and it was a pleasant surprise at the end of a long, rather warm day. As we entered the winery, the coolness was refreshing and my husband said it felt like walking into a wine cellar with all the stone and low lighting. Kelly, our server, was friendly and freely shared her knowledge of each wine so it wasn't just a pour and sip like some other wineries. One of the reds was my favorite and would have brought back a bottle if we hadn't been flying. The tasting room is smaller than some others we visited so guess we lucked out by going mid-week and later in the day as it sounds like it can get pretty crowded.

2  Thank Florigal
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This winery use to be the Filsinger Winery, so the vineyard is mature and producing great wines. They have a very attractive patio. You can bring your own picnic, your puppy, and an added bonus is that they are open until 6. The staff is always helpful and friendly. You'll be glad that you chose Danza del Sol for a visit!

2  Thank borgiedoll