“Best Indian Food in So Cal”

Mantra Indian Cuisine
Ranked #46 of 422 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Escondido, California
“Best Indian Food in So Cal”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having moved here from UK some 30 years ago we had given up finding good Indian food here but decided to try this restaurant after an Indian friend told us how good it was. So glad we did. The food is amazing - excellent flavor, we love shrimp vindaloo and it was delicious. Also have tried Tandoori shrimp and shrimp masala - all 10 out of 10. Garlic naan also good. Finally a great Indian restaurant close to home.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank spinner624

Black River Falls, Wisconsin
“Authentic Indian”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty, authentic Indian food. Portions were generous with some entrees enough to feed two. Wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. Overall, a most pleasant dining experience!

1 Thank John M
Temecula, California, United States
“Even my picky little girl likes it here!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Took my 10yr old picky eater to lunch here the other day. She loved the buffet as much as I did! We had a great time. I love all the choices at their lunch buffet and it's very reasonably priced.

San Diego, California
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I didn't get to try the lunch buffet, but we came here and had the sit-down dinner in the dining room, because it was on a weekday and they only do buffets on weekends.

Looking around, the room is rather big and the servers are on top of things at all times. They brought out the naan while we were deciding what to order.

I went with the curry with basmati rice and my husband got the tandoori chicken, they were made to share, since the portions were big. The curry was absolutely delicious and the tandoori chicken was perfectly seasoned. I'm drooling just thinking about it, they did such a great job!

For dessert, we got the pistachio kulfi, I think? I don't remember the name of it, but it had pistachio in it. Delicious!

We showed the server the 15% off discount we get for checking into this place via Yelp and they granted that to us immediately. As the dining room started to fill up, I was shocked to notice that the waiters didn't flinch and their service was still top notch, our glasses were never empty and our table was immediately cleaned before dessert. Now that's what I call service!

You wouldn't expect such great food and service from a restaurant that's in this plaza, but it's definitely worth stopping in!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Cynthia W
Los Angeles, California
“Hole in the wall”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I were recently in Temecula for our first time for a wine tour. We of course came back to our hotel only to pass out until pretty late in the evening. By the time we went out for dinner it was about 9:00 pm. We walked into the steakhouse right by our hotel and there was no host or anyone that acknowledged us so we left. We walked across the street to this place. We were seated almost immediately but then it took at least 10 minutes for someone to come say hello, and then another five for some water. Which, apparently there was something wrong with their ice machine because as soon as he poured our waters he commented on the stuff floating in the water and that he'd be back with new refreshments. So we waited even longer to get fresh waters. Our appetizer never came out so they brought it after our meal came and didn't charge us for them which was nice. The food was delicious much to our surprise considering the experience we'd had to this point. I was brought an ice cold bottle of water to pour into my glass but then, some guy came around with that contaminated ice water pitcher and poured it right into my clean water...so that was the end of me hydrating. The food did speak for itself although the service lacked. I had the lamb korma while my boyfriend had a chicken dish. The vegetable samosas were also very good albeit they weren't served as an appetizer. Great little whole in the wall in Temecula if you're looking for Indian food.

• Visited October 2013