“Beautiful, new building” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lorimar Vineyards and Winery

Lorimar Vineyards and Winery
Ranked #17 of 91 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: What began as a long-time dream for Brother-in-laws Lawrie Lipton and Mark Manfield, came to fruition with the opening of Lorimar Vineyards and Winery. In fact, the name Lorimar itself was formed by combining Lawrie and Mark's first names. Lorimar's Old Town location was opened in 2009 while the Wine Country property was under construction. In the spring of 2012 Lorimar Vineyards and Winery celebrated with thousands of local residents and guests for the Grand Opening of our second location, an incredible Tuscan style winery in the heart of Temecula Valley Wine Country. Featuring breathtaking views of Mount Palomar and the Santa Ana Mountains, Lorimar features live music on the sunset patio every weekend all year long. Guests will also enjoy relaxing by the stone fireplace surrounded by a living art gallery, filled with works from many local artists. At Lorimar we craft wines that are approachable with a fruit forward style that showcases the strengths of Temecula Wine Country. "We create wines using the best of the old world ways combined with today's more advanced technologies, producing delicious varietals and exciting blends," explains co-owner, Lawrie Lipton. Our Tuscan style winery is showcased amidst adjoining orange groves and our 22 acre estate vineyard. Our first vine plantings were of Cabernet Sauvignon in 2000 followed by Syrah, Grenache, Muscat, Viognier and Sangiovese. Temecula's wine growing region is unique and special. We are 22 miles away from the ocean which classifies us a Maritime climate. Balanced with warm sunny days and cool nights, the vines flourish and produce excellent fruit in our climate. The soil composition of decomposed granite and clay drains well and is ideal for retaining moisture reserves deep below the surface roots. "Our goal is to create a Fusion of Wine, Art and Music"
Murrieta, California
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Beautiful, new building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lorimar is a newer winery and very beautiful. We had a good server and enjoyed the wines. They are still working on the interior rooms but will have a lot of wonderful things to offer when all is completed. We will try it again when it becomes more established.

Visited October 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 209 helpful votes
“Really like what we like, but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Being new to CA vineyards, (relocated one yr. ago) my husband and I are just so enamored with this new pasttime of ours. In Temecula alone, there are 35 vineyards in the Association and another 10 or so besides. What we find enticing is the live entertainment, with no cover charge and outside to boot. That's how we ended up at Lorimar. Besides the large vineyard in wine country, they also have a smaller boutique type enterprise in Old Town Temecula.

The night we signed up (in Old Town,) a duo was playing and there were only four of us sitting on couches enjoying the music and sipping wine. It was fabulous. The young lady, who served as the wine connoisseur that night, was friendly, informative and not pushy. We had heard about joining one or two other wineries, but this just clicked.

In attending the wine country vineyard many times now, we have left with mixed feelings. Without question, Lorimar is just beautiful! As you're approaching, you see the brick building lit with white lights in the dusk, as are all other wineries, and the fountains and tables and chairs outside amidst the grapes themselves, with the mountains in the backdrop. The place is packed, music is playing, customer service was great and then we can't find a place to sit. There are a number of chairs and tall stools available, but people are still standing. Why? It's because all those seats were in need of repair.

A few of the tables we've sat at were wobbly and we didn't feel comfortable setting our wine glasses down, until we placed a folded napkin under the table. One time they took out more tables, but either neglected or didn't have time to wipe down the thick dust that had accumulated. Two times now, the white lights over the patio, where the band plays and the pizza maker is set up, were not working. The first time, we just thought, it's just one of those things that can happen anywhere. Last Sat., we felt a bit put out that we came to listen to a great band, and we're trying to enjoy our free glass of wine.....in the dark. So this 2nd time, we felt it was negligence on the owners' part.

Lorimar also has a 2nd place for customers and bands, when they host a wedding. It's down the vineyard road, where a barn and patio are set up beautifully to accommodate happy customers. All was right with the world, till I had to use the restroom. There is no light to go behind the barn and the two women's stalls have no dividers and no doors; it's set up like men's. I left this time feeling like the owner(s) are being a bit greedy in their profits, not closing up the women's stalls, and, that there's a lawsuit waiting to happen, with the safety issue of no lighted pathway to the restroom there. So though we had a great time, love the bands, love the wine, we are annoyed.

However, we love this place overall. We have not experienced the poor customer service that others on TripAdvisor have. I'm not sure if it's the time of year, but the tastings were $10.00 ea., which is comparable, if not lower, than others. When paying for a regular glass of wine, or getting our free glass, we've gotten an expected amount in our glass. They even told us, upon checking in, to feel free to bring our snacks and/or pets the next time. And the environment is truly beautiful and peaceful.

I rate it a 3 or average. Even with all the great things about Lorimar, we do feel that lack of regular maintenance on tables and chairs and lighting, and the unfinished ladies room, detracts from the experience. We've already talked about not updating our membership when it expires in three mos.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SBluv2rvl
Riverside County
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Good wine and Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This review is for their new facility in the wine country. Their wines are good but not outstanding. I prefer sweeter wines and they have several on the menu. The selection of wines is not as large as some of the other wineries in the area. They have very comfortable outside seating and a smaller area inside. The only food available is various types of pizzas. They have live music on Friday and Saturday night from 5-8 pm. All of the people working there are friendly and helpful and will spend the time to go over the selection of wines with you. I do not get as busy as some of the other wineries in the area even on the weekend which is nice. However parking can be an issue as their parking lot is small. So might have to park next to the vines. I would recommend a visit to this winery if you are visiting the wine country for the first time. The cost of wine tasting can be a little expensive-$18 but you can get 2 for 1 coupons that are good during the week. The smaller facility in Old Town Temecula was just renovated. They have the same wines and also have music on the weekends but do not serve food.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Watch your wallets and your tickets on this too young wine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just visited Lorimar's new facility on the recommendation of some friends. We were looking for another wine club to join. We didn't find it here. While I wasn't completely turned off by the $18 wine tasting charge it didn't provide the best start. But when I got my first pour (if you can call the measly dribble in my glass a pour) and then notice that the server checked off more servings than she delivered I was taken aback! When I brought that fact to her attention she shrugged her shoulders and said "Oh". There was no apology or expression of concern for her error or the customer, her reaction was more of a body language acknowledgement that she'd gotten caught than anything. This for all very young wines that need to lay down for at least another year or two. The catchy wine names might help sell this stuff if it were sold in a retail environment but, at the winery, particularly in a developing wine region such as the Temecula valley it sure doesn't cut the mustard. When I sought out the manager to share my concerns, it seemed more important to him to argue with me than to understand my concerns as a potential customer. He indicated that he was charging market rates (he wasn't), providing competitive value (also not true), and that you get what you pay for (clearly an overexaggeration). During further discussion, I found that he tremendously overvalues his wines in both a fiscal and quality sense. He stated that his wine "unlike other Temecula wines" compare with those in Napa to the extent that they exceed the quality of even those. And, of course, he asked what should I expect "they can charge more on the weekends because it's so busy". Wow! Maybe true but not a manner to engender customer satisfaction or loyalty.

It's a shame that operators like this can't help to enhance the developing Temecula region and the enjoyment of wine but instead choose to take it as an opportunity to get every penny from an unsuspecting public by some slick packaging and quick fingers with your tickets. I felt bad enough allowing myself to be taken advantage of by overpaying for poorer product. That happens and sometimes trial and "error" is how we learn but I certainly didn't expect further denigration by having extra "pours" ticked off my ticket.

Fortunately, there are so many other venues in the valley that offer much better quality of service and truly nice wines that I won't have any reason whatsoever to even think about giving these guys another try. Besides, they clearly like their wines much better than I do. Even the folks that acknowledge the newness of their products and honest about their efforts to improve them deserve my patronage over places like this. After all, that's how we advance the industry!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Jeremy J
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Significantly less than we expected (and paid for)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were recommended here by a neighboring winery with the caviet that this year the wine had decreased in quality but the environsment was fun. Well folks...for 18 a person ( well above even the most well known wineries), we received what I refer to as less than average wine, terrible pours and low quality customer service. As frequent Temecula winery visitors, we will not be coming here again.

Visited April 2013