“Great Service -- Great Food!”

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ, Temecula, California
Ranked #49 of 421 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Not sure why anyone would rate this less than 4 stars. We had appetizers and sandwiches and they were outstanding. The homemade biscuits with apple butter are simply awesome. I wouldn't know that it was a chain unless others mentioned it in their reviews.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Perhaps I'm not a BBQ expert but I don't see what's so special about this place. We went here based on the glowing reviews but it failed to knock my socks off. My wife said her lunch was nice but nothing special. I had the three-meat slider plate. I ordered chicken, brisket, and pork; none of them seemed very flavorful to me. The BBQ sauce was too sweet/sugary for my taste and the meat came slathered in it.

The service was good and relatively fast with friendly staff. The atmosphere is fine for a BBQ lunch but it's not a place my wife and I would go on a date night.

Between the ho-hum food and being pricey for what you get, I afraid I would pass on Lucille's next time I'm in town.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I try not to go to chains but have heard good things about Lucille's so decided to check it out. I was not disappointed. The restaurant was pretty crowded so we sat in the bar. The service was outstanding! The bartender was fast, friendly and very helpful. The cocktail I had was good and the house beers were decent. I had the original pulled pork and thought it was delicious. You can use any of the three BBQ sauces, my favorite was the regular. I had beans for my side dish and they were amazing. The prices were good and the restaurant was clean and comfortable.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am not a big fan of Country Western Music but that could be overlooked because of the good food and service. Be sure to try out the deep fried corn and the Margaritas!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting the area and craving BBQ. So someone recommended this place. Great ribs, BBQ chicken, and great selection of beer. A bit pricey for BBQ, but all in all, a great choice if you're looking for BBQ. Would certainly return.

1  Thank L10016