“Sea Bass Amazing”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Overland Drive
Description: Here, we're in the business of Steak. Real Steak. Not the cookie cutter, run of the mill stuff. Our steak is our passion, and the only reason we're here is to show you what you've been missing out on. We've built our own dry-aging facility to completely control the outcome of our steaks. Everything here has been meticulously tweaked and tinkered to bring out the best in the meat. Only when it's reached it's peak flavor potential do we prep our cuts for cooking. Our expert chefs work the fire and the forks to ensure that perfect cook. Then it gets to your table. When that fork first pierces the meat, and that knife slices through in that first cut, your eyes get to feast first at that juicy pink center. Then, it's just bite after bite, letting that perfect cook release the flavor of perhaps the best steak you've ever had. At least, we'd like to think so. We're just a call or a drive away.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife had the sea bass which is the best I've ever tasted. My steak was really good but wished it was seasoned just a little more. Decent wine list. Sat in the bar area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Vail Ranch Steakhouse had a great menu. My husband and I both tried the steak. There were so many different ways and cuts. Mine was incredible. I love steak! My husband also tried the Lobster Bisque and loved how rich it was with real buttery lobster chunks. Yum! We will be back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went to this local restaurant to support local business, but they really don't want regular folks at this location. The meal was not good at all for the price I paid. Really disappointed and have never returned to this local restaurant.

1  Thank Y0_y0_47
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I started in the Beef business 25 years ago, and have eaten my share of dry-aged steaks, in Kansas City and a half-dozen other cities. When you walk in to this restaurant, they display a case with actual dry-aging cuts of meat. I ordered their most-expensive cut, a $47 dry-aged Rib Eye. A 28-day dry-aged Rib Eye will NOT bend completely over itself like mine did, nor will it be mushy and leak juices like mine did. This might have been wet-aged (a much cheaper item on the menu) steak, but was like no other dry-aged steak ever presented to me. I mentioned this to the waiter, and at his request, the manager came over. He listened to my comments, thanked me for them, didn't say a word of defense or explanation but instead just walked away.

This was the worst $67 meal I have ever had, and management's lack of concern over the quality of their food guaranteed that I won't be setting foot in there again.

2  Thank Rh0deIslandTraveller
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Can't give it a full food review because we had a late lunch and just had appetizers. But I'm anxious to go back for the steak course based on a strong hunch that the beef is pretty darned good here. My wife ordered lamb chops off the appetizer menu, along with an Iron Fist Blonde, one of several well-selected craft beers featured on the menu. I had a carpaccio appetitzer and a wedge salad, with a glass of local Cabernet Sauvignon from Leoness Vineyards.

The chops (two) were nested on a bed of spinach greens, and they were every bit as awesome as lamb chops should be. Ordering and enjoying an entree after that big blast of mouthwatering red meat would have been a tough challenge. My carpaccio, on the other hand, was almost meatless by comparison, but it was a cute little dish and would have been easy to fit into a full dinner. There was more bacon in the wedge salad than there was beef in the carpaccio. Under the circumstances, it was just the right amount of food. The wine was excellent. I wish they offered more local wines, but distribution is apparently a challenge.

Until I get a better sense of the food (soon, I hope), what I really liked about Vail Ranch was the ambiance. I walked in and was immediately in my comfort zone. First thing you see is a pretty cool sunken bar, with a piano softly playing the popular songs of my birth decade. We were escorted by a charming young woman to a booth in one of the back rooms, where the music and other noise elements did not interfere with quiet conversation. My wife loved that. Our waitress, Ellen, was as good as it gets. She was responsible for the entire room, including a family-looking group of seven people at a table next to us, and they evidently had some fairly stringent dietary requirements. Ellen was able to patiently walk them through their options and still made the time to check up on us at the appropriate intervals.

We visit Temecula often, and there are so many excellent restaurants in town and in the wine country, especially for lunch. Vail Ranch may set the standard for dinner.