“greatest steaks in riverside county”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vail Ranch Steakhouse - CLOSED

Vail Ranch Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Overland Drive
Description: Here, we're in the business of Steak. Real Steak. Not the cookie cutter, run of the mill stuff. Our steak is our passion, and the only reason we're here is to show you what you've been missing out on. We've built our own dry-aging facility to completely control the outcome of our steaks. Everything here has been meticulously tweaked and tinkered to bring out the best in the meat. Only when it's reached it's peak flavor potential do we prep our cuts for cooking. Our expert chefs work the fire and the forks to ensure that perfect cook. Then it gets to your table. When that fork first pierces the meat, and that knife slices through in that first cut, your eyes get to feast first at that juicy pink center. Then, it's just bite after bite, letting that perfect cook release the flavor of perhaps the best steak you've ever had. At least, we'd like to think so. We're just a call or a drive away.
Murrieta, California
“greatest steaks in riverside county”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went here for a special occasion....the service was great, staff friendly. Vail Ranch goes through an extra step in their meat aging process no else in the area does. It tastes like it. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for, tasty steak! They have a dinner piano player and later a live jazz trio, don't miss the jazz guys they are awesome! On the menu I noticed "early bird" dinners that are less costly, but not the steaks. As you enter the restaurant, on your left is a whole window of aging steaks so you can actually see the quality you are getting. They have a nice bar area too. All in all, the best place for a special occasion or party in this area. Yes, I will go there again.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank JJsJourneys

Temecula, California
“Surprisingly great steaks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

As good as any sirloin as I have ever tasted, including Ruth's Chris and Morton's. Good value for the money.

San Diego, California
“Great dry aged beef in a old style roadhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Really an old roadhouse style steak house in a purpose built standalone building, this restaurant specializes in prime dry aged beef – some of the best anywhere. There is a large bar area with about 20 seats at a semi circular bar (around a sunken bartender area) and tables and booths adjacent to the bar, with a raised band stand at the back of the bar. There are a number of dining rooms separate from the bar area. My wife and I ate a “lunner” (what we call a late lunch/early dinner) on a holiday Monday and the place was very quiet, the service friendly and efficient (although who were told was the room manager did not move from his bar seat where he was using a personal computer to access the internet.) The menu features daily early dining specials and, on Mondays, a prime rib special (all $18). The meat quality was outstanding and the sesame crusted Ahi appetizer was as near perfect as one can expect. Because we were eating before 6 p.m. all the appetizers and the drinks (which were generously poured) were effectively half price. The house merlot was a great buy at $4 a full glass. We plan to go back and try it in an evening as the ambiance was warm and welcoming (especially the glass fronted meat aging and storage racks) and the meat of unusually great quality. Parking is easy in the surrounding lot and freeway access is straightforward.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank 22club58
San Diego
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

My neice graduated from High School. A group of 14 of us decided to have a nice dinner at the Vail Ranch Steakhouse. We were the only group in the place and there were only 3/4 other couples. It took 1 1/2 hours just to get our food. Then they brought it out, two by two. We sat waiting for everyone to get their own meals before we ate, but that took so long that by the time my Aunt of 70 years old got her meal, everyone elses was cold. The waiters were gone so long, my husband actually got up and went into the kitchen to ask what the problem was. Nothing from Management as far as a reason. He did over to give us complimentary desserts, but we didn't want to have to wait around that long. We got there at 7:45, were seated right away (no wait as there was no one else in the place) we finally left after 11:00. Maybe 28 people in the whole place!! Really!!!!
Based on the service, although I am a local and believe in supporting local business, this is one place I would never recommend this place.

• Visited August 2010
Mission Viejo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and reasonably priced.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband came to Temecula for a concert, and without knowing the area, we were recommended to Vail Ranch Steakhouse, and I'm glad we were. The atmosphere in the restaurant was cozy, there was a piano playing in the background. The wait staff was very courteous too. We hadn't been seated long, before our waitress came by and asked for our drink order. No sooner did she leave, when warm, fresh bread was placed at our table. I ordered the Prime Rib, medium rare and my husband ordered the potato crusted Halibut. We split a Ceaser salad, which by the way was really good. Only bad thing, was I had to ask for ground pepper. Our meals arrived within a timely manner. My husband raved about his halibut, he said it was very tasty. My prime rib was cooked to perfection, although, it was a tad bit spicy for my taste. The horseradish that accompanied my prime rib had a bite to it, which I like. All in all, a great experience! As for price, it is not cheap, but it's not absurdly expensive. One good thing, you do not have to pay for a baked potato seperately, it is included with the entree. I would definitely go here again, and I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited May 2011