“Sure to be a family favorite”

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #24 of 419 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Temecula, Ca.
“Sure to be a family favorite”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

A couple months ago I probably would have only given this a three star rating. My wife and I went there and I have the fish and chips. I didn't feel well the rest of the day. Almost like they were cooked in oil that was long over due for a change. We had our daughter and the grand kids with us recently and they wanted to go there. I agreed to give it another try. It was excellent (I had a burger this time). The waiter was friendly and very accommodating, even though they were very busy. It turned out to be a great experience. They kids were able to build their own pizza and then send it back to the kitchen to be cooked. I will definitely go back. You can even bring your dog to eat with you if you sit outside. Being a big time dog lover, how could I stay away from a place called the Lazy Dog.

• Visited September 2011

Seattle
“Nice Setting and Okay Food”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Nice decor and outside seating area with lava pits. Dogs are allowed on the outside patio. Waitress was super friendly, but disorganized and service was generally well-intentioned, but poor. We waited 25-30 minutes for our check on the outside patio and had to go in twice and ask for it. It is definitely child-friendly.

The menu is upscale, but the actual execution of the menu items are just above average. Tacoma Chef was disappointed in the dry, over-baked mini-pizzas that were served at our table. The chicken pot pie was good, but lacking in seasoning. The house-prepared pie crust was tender and flaky. The caesar salad was so-so, better than some I've had on this trip. The hamburger basket with avocado looked delicious and the fries appeared to be crisp and tender.

This restaurant has a lot of potential, but they need to work on staff coordination and communication.

• Visited October 2011
Howell, New Jersey
“Everything is good here!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Lazy Dog opened about 10 mo ago in our Temecula area- love it here... the wait is typical 20-30 min, on a weekend 6-7pm kinda time--sooner if your there earlier- obviously.... But it goes fast. Wait staff is friendly and informative. The menu seems huge but it really is ver precise if you actually look at the ingredt's. My favorite is the salads and appetizer section. recently I ordered my usual lettuce cups and opted for a cup of the seasonal soup- since it was tomato. I love tomato soup. I mean besides the usual beefy barley or french onion at my other fav restaurants----Stopping right there for a moment as I think how to express this----- and yes----I AGAIN!!! kick myself --- that I only ordered a cup a single smattering cup of a sample of this ohhhh soooo creamy, sooooo toomatoooeeeeee sooooo delishious sinful soup.

I should have cancelled my lettuce cups right away after the first taste--and ordered 2 bowls of the tomato soup, because as my husband would say--- I was snarky the rest of the night... oh yaaaa this soup is that good!!!

May I have the recipe please because this soup is seasonal...

• Visited March 2011
theworld
“Great food, service, and atmosphere all day long”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The Lazy Dog Cafe has a wonderful selection of food from burgers and steaks, to pasta and salads, and they even have dishes with tofu and a fantastic appetizer of warm edamame. In addition the LDC has a beautiful patio with two lava-rock fire pits that is great for people watching and letting your dog relax, yes they allow dogs on the patio.

• Visited June 2011
Fallbrook, California
“We found an excellent new place to eat at good prices and with good ambience.”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We really enjoyed a slightly different menu, such as tortilla crusted mahi mahi. The prices were quite reasonable. There is a lot of ambient noise, which was just right to allow normal conversation without feeling you were being loud. We also ate at the Thousand Oaks Lazy Dog while traveling with our dog. They were great about no hassle outside dining with our dog at our feet. Love it.

• Visited May 2011