“Too much fun!”

Sunrider Jeep and Wine Tours of Temecula
Ranked #11 of 44 Tours in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an unforgettable getaway in Wine Country. On our Full Sevice Wine Safari you will be thrilled sampling up to 24 different Wines. We will guide you and your friends (2-6 passengers per Jeep or groups up to 18 persons) on a safe open air or covered "Fun Jeep" Trek through Scenic Vineyards and show you sights that no other Tour can. Our Expert Tour Guides will share their interesting insight on Temecula's Wine, Wineries and the area's history. Let Sunrider make your trip to Wine Country a Fun & Memorable Experience!
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Rick was awesome and gave us the low down on what would fit our tastes. Loved the first place, South Coast, the other two were okay but probably because nothing could top the first place and our wine server Matt. Secret crush :-) Anyway we didnt do the room tour but Im not sure why, probably because the couple who I came with showed up a bit late. Either way it didnt matter. Totally worth it. Recommend!

1  Thank AnaBellAna

Reviewed May 1, 2011

In a word, this tour was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

P - Pinzgauer, Swiss military vehicle was awesome!
E - Educational, I learned that the space between the wine & cork isn't air, it's CO2!
R - Recommend highly - especially during the week!
F - Food was fantastic!
E - Exceptional selections!
C - Company was terrific - there were fun people on the tour, but bring some with you to ensure you have a great time!
T - Travis rocked!

We visited the following wineries/vineyards:
1) Stuart Cellars
2) Leonesse Cellars
3) Robert Renzoni Vineyards

ALL were fantastic and each had many wine selections so everyone should leave happy. Stuart Cellars, has a nice, quiet atmosphere and friendly staff. Leonesse's Robert, was great in helping us make our selections. Renzoni was really nicely decorated and offered breadsticks and a sample of their spaghetti sauce. It was a fun touch that they gave you poker chips to turn in for your drinks.

Our favorite was Leonesse Cellars because of the beautiful views and great seating options. The owner even came to our table to introduce himself, which was a really nice, personal touch! At Leonesse, we at our lunch (which was ordered from Cosi). It was absolutely mouth-watering!

Our 16 year old daughter was on the tour with us and they had many delicious, non-alcoholic options for her which made her feel included.

1  Thank MRLP2011
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I will like to start by saying....Its was our 3rd anniversary! And melissa was is very knowledgable about wine. i was a little disappointed about only going to 3 winerys. At two of the winerys the staff wasnt to friendly and outgoing. At the first winery Nate was execellent and knowledgable. N one more thing we are in a jeep and i wanted to do some more off roading. LOL! Yes....i will recommend!

Reviewed April 4, 2011

First a little background then the review.......Husband and wife took our 16 year old daughter on tour with us. Before booking I let them know about our daughter. They informed me that I would be charged FULL price for my daughter because they had "non-alcohol options for her". *It is important to note that I called over 10 companies from Santa Barbara to Santa Ynez to Temecula and EACH one of them would have charged for my daughter, HOWEVER, they would not have charged us for the tasting fees = savings of $20-30 depending on the tour company* The "non-alcohol options" that they offered was, 'hey, what do you want to drink? - I have to stop and get something for you".

Our guide, Nate, was knowledgeable, personable, and fun. Our favorite winery was the second winery on our tour, Leonesse (http://www.leonessecellars.com/), where the grounds were absolutely gorgeous. We preferred this location because of its beauty and it offered plenty of seating out doors rather than just standing around a bar. Here, we also got to walk among the vines and see a barrel room. The highlight of the trip, though, was when we went off-roading on the way to the look-out. That was a lot of fun!

I'm rating this as "average", but in reality would rate it 3.5 stars.

3  Thank mrlpSoCal
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My boyfriend picked Sunrider tours to go wine tasting for my 21st birthday. He picked them off of reviews and ratings. Thank God he picked them! We had so much fun w/ our tour guide Melissa. Since I didn't know anything about wine she was apt to educate me on the different types, alcohol content, and the best order to do tastings in.

You'll enjoy the open air jeep if you're a fan of convertibles. If not, you probably won't like riding in it. I recommend brining lots of sunscreen for the jeep. The step up into the jeep is quite high, so be advised if you have knee trouble or anything that would hinder you.

We went to 3 wineries, my favorite being Leonesse. You'll get 5-6 tastings (which is about an ounce) at each winery. At first I didn't think this would be enough to get a good taste (or to get buzzed since I did just turn 21 after all) but boy was I wrong. We were feeling "happier" after our third taste at our first winery!

I highly recommend this tour and will be going back in May for my mother's birthday!

2  Thank chelseaharris31