“Great food and service”

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate here as part of a private party in the upper room for a wedding rehearsal dinner. The room was clean with tasteful decor. The floor to ceiling windows overlooking the town and the mountains were beautiful.

The wait staff was attentive, and the appetizers, including soup and salad were delicious. I had a perfectly cooked steak and my wife had a chicken dish. Both were excellent. The dessert was fairly standard, and while good, may have been the lowest point of the meal only because the rest stood out as being so good. For being a wine-town and a restaurant owned by a winery, they had a half decent draft beer list including an IPA for a non-wine enthusiast such as myself. I can't comment on price/value because I did not pay.

After 10pm or so, the downstairs/outside gets into a bit more of a club/bar atmosphere. The outdoor patio was nice, but the crowd left something to be desired. I'm not sure if it was a bad night or a bad group of people, but it seemed that the bar drew some less than savory clientele that were more inclined to pick fights and get drunk then relax and enjoy themselves.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank lethaljd

Temecula
“Retract My Previous GoodRating...HorribleService”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Very Disappointed Local.. Not One Of My Favorites Anymore...

Literally had to call to get a waitress...

• Visited August 2013
“Started out very nice and ended with we couldn't get out of there fast enough”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on a recommendation and when we arrived, was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was upstairs and the decor was very nice and inviting. Lots of windows. Wait staff was informative and attentive...we ordered the crab cakes and wow, super salty. Soup of the day was a chicken enchilada, sounds strange but was delicious. Then our waitress informed us a group of people would be coming in to shoot some show or documentary at the table nest to us...we didn't really know what that entailed but ok. Then this group of people come in and they take over the immediate eating area and it was sooooo not right. The camera guy kept bending over way too close for my liking and there was chatter and our nice ambiance was now turned into a noisy intrusive dining experience. Then this woman with this crew came over to us and asked us if we would mind being in some of the shots..we told her we would mind and that we came in just to have a nice quiet meal. Our main meal came out and our waitress was across the room and gave me thumbs up! I guess it was her way of inquiring whether we were liking our food..then she came over and asked how it was and I told her I wasn't happy at all with the commotion..she offered to move us but my feeling was why should I have to be moved..move the production company OR if management knew this was going down, then set the production people out of the way of the real diners. Needless to say, our nice meal became a huge disruption and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. This restaurant wasn't low budget, it was on the high price range and it ended up being a huge disappointment for the price. The food was good but other than the soup, we weren't wowed. After the production crew came in, our attentive wait staff now became less attentive. We won't be back.

• Visited July 2013
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went here to see The Big Truth Band perform and catch some dinner & drinks. The band was great, food was okay but house wine was a bit expensive at $11.00 a glass (something we didn't expect)

Visited June 2013
UK
“So disappointing”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Four of us ate here on Mother's Day this year. It was a special menu for the occasion with a reasonable choice and price. I wanted some of the pink champagne but it was explained to me that the bar staff had left it out of the cooler and so it was warm. I changed my choice for some chilled champagne.
The service was exceptional and the waitress very knowledgeable. The food was really disappointing though. Three of us started with the lobster bisque which was very red in appearance and with bits of presumably lobster in it. However, it was too peppery for me to eat and the other two didn't complete theirs either.
The main course ordered was filet mignon. Good piece of beef and cooked to our requirements but again, the chef had been heavy handed with the pepper which took the edge off what could have been so nice.
Three of us ordered the petite lemon meringue pie. The size was fine but the dessert itself very much sub standard. The lemon filling was unpleasant and the meringue was gritty.
It was such a shame. We live locally and had this been a good experience would certainly have returned but sadly this will not be the case.

• Visited May 2013