“Nice place with average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mimi's Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
San Diego
“Nice place with average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We tried Mimis Cafe again recently after staying away for several years. I always liked their pot pies and salads. It was a slow night and yet our food order seemed to take forever. The waitress kept coming by to say our food would be right up. After she did this 4 times I said "I am beginning to not believe you." Finally when our food came I noticed the pot pies have gotten a lot smaller. The crust tasted fresh but I must have finished it in two minutes that is how small it was. When the waitress came back I asked her if my pot pie was from the appetizer menu. She didnt get what I was saying so I said "never mind." I do like the ambiance and the French cafe feel. I think the restaurant was named after the character in the Opera La Boheme. This could be a great place but they have become just another box store chain.

• Visited March 2014

San Diego
“Slow but OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and needed to get on the road. We were not expecting the slow servcie. We have eaten at seveal Mimi's but this one was the slowest.
The food was average and adequate, like a chain. This is fine place to grab a bite.

• Visited October 2013
“Consisent good salads.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I always choose a salad with grilled salmon. I could easily eat double the salmon, but it is a fair size. It always is tender.

• Visited February 2013
Escondido, California, USA
“Very busy place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I guess I'm in the minority because it seems there are a lot of people who do like this place. It is a little too crowded and noisy for me & I think their prices are a little high for what you get.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Sad to say...Not the same ole Mimi's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The wife and were looking for a place to eat one day so we decided to stop by Mimi's Cafe. I had explained to my wife this was one of favorite restaurants but hadn't been there with her before. I bragged about the food, atmosphere and the service. We walked in and were immediately seated by the Hostess. then the fun started. We sat and sat and waited for at least 15 minutes as we watched different waitresses walk past us. Finally, a waitress came by and asked us if we wanted something to drink. No apology, no sorry for the wait, not a ounce of customer service. I looked around the restaurant and it wasn't even half full, then I looked at the waitress and told her. No. We'll be leaving, thank you anyways. We got up and walked out. I will NEVER go back to Mimi's Cafe in Temecula again. Then out of curiosity I checked out a couple of site for dining and saw how terrible the review posted. No wonder!

• Visited December 2012