“A little over due”
Review of Bel Vino Winery

Bel Vino Winery
Ranked #28 of 97 things to do in Temecula
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The last time I was here was in October 2012, a little late yes but there's a reason for it. After last weekend at Danza Del Sol the bar was set high when it comes to wine. I'm not a wine connoisseur but I do know the difference when it comes to some wines. I'm also not a fan of Red Wines. The person I went with claimed to be a wine expert (LOL) ya right! I have 2 bottles at home from this winery (reds) that I don't care for and haven't opened. After what I tasted this weekend, do yourself a favor and don't sell yourself short and try something better. As a tip, try researching some of the oldest wineries in Temecula. That would be your first clue for you to know what winery knows exactly what their doing when it comes to wine. The staff here is friendly but they didn't offer much information when it came to the wine or the difference between the ones we tasted. The ambiance was ok and I liked that they had music outside with tables set up. The port wine here is not great and neither is their merlot.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our family group visited the Bel Vino winery so we could experience a smaller, less commercial establishment. It was very homey and nice inside. The servers were friendly and welcoming. We felt like the pours could have been more generous for the price paid. It is a place we would visit again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I see this placed has some mixed reviews. The name changed, ok but how's the wine. Well for me, not very good at all. Some under the Stuart labal some now under the Bel Vino label. I was in Temecula for a few days, solely to try the wines again, last visit about 3 years ago. We had a 2 for 1 coupon, but that still did not make up for the below par wine. My wife and i poured about just about every wine we tasted. With all the wineries now in Temecula upping the ante on their tasting rooms, this place has not. It's still old looking, which I wouldn't care if the wine was good. I would avoid, there are better wineries in the area.

1  Thank TreborsTravels
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Visited foe a wine tasting. Very nice variety of reds and whites. Very friendly and attentive staff. They have a great Cab from the oldest vines in Temecula; not on the taste list but available to sample...A MUST! I'm not a Cab drinker but walked out with a bottle. Very relaxed atmosphere. Worth the stop.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I have been coming from out of state to the Temecula Wine Country for years, but, as one can only taste so much wine, we tend to visit the same wineries. Last summer, we visited the valley with the intent to evaluate whether I should keep any or all of my 4 wine memberships and to try different winery experiences. Ultimately, I let one membership go as, frankly, we were not treated very special and our free wine tastings were limited to 2. While I had no intention of joining another wine club, I did join Bel Vino's when we visited the Stuart/Bel Vino Winery, a small facility located on the top of a hill on the south side of Rancho California.

From the time we walked in, my group felt at home. The staff was friendly, and the pours were generous. We enjoyed the reds more than the whites, but on a later visit in January 2013, I acquired some great case deals on the Viognier and Sauvigon Blanc (meaning $4 a bottle). My favorites include the Tatria, Lagrein (only produced here), and Cabernet Franc--although the 2006 Merlot was also wonderful. When we stopped by in January 2013, the staff immediately knew us although they had not seen us for months. Although I have not attended any of the winery's events--as yet--the invitations and descriptions sound like they would be worth a trip to attend.

I am surprised this winery is 41st on Trip Advisor's rankings for Temecula's activities; in my view, it should be in the top 10 ranked of the valley's wineries.

1  Thank JudgeSue