“What a gem!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were in Temecula for one night and were looking for a place to eat. I checked Trip Advisor, as I always do, and found Francesca's. Truly, I couldn't have done better. Francesca herself is a delight. I spilled water all over the table and my husband. She rushed in, moved our drinks to another table, got us situated and was beyond gracious about it. We started talking with her and discovered that she was raised outside of Milan, Italy and much of the food in her restaurant is cooked in the Milanese style. Upon request, she shared her secret to cooking perfect risotto.

Now, on to the food. I had risotto with parmesan and it truly was the best I have ever eaten-I try it everywhere. The Caprese salad was excellent. My husband had the special and seriously thought about ordering a second one but was too full. The portions are generous. My husband always drinks coffee after his meal and asked our waiter for a Milanese suggestion. He mentioned it to Francesca and she appeared with a fabulous coffee made with ice cream. Please, do yourself a favor and check out this place.

3  Thank c_lmartin

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Decent food but not worthy of the high prices that are on the menu.

I had the chicken cooked in olive oil with garlic - good plate appearance with fresh vegetables and hot pasta. The chicken gave the look of frozen/thawed, was dry with light to no taste of garlic. I'd say the sides were eventful with the main entre a disappointment.
My wife had the chicken moma mia (chicken in a mushroom sauce). It was identical as above with a splash of mushroom sauce.
Portions are good yet uneventful, service was good but stressed at times and the atmosphere went flat once the music stopped. There is a small cramped bar upon entry with a small dining area in the main room. The owner is friendly but his authenticity seemed suspect. To my relief they do serve Peroni beer.
My own personal opinion is that this restaurant is too small for it's current location, and in a strip mall no less with limited hours. At these prices I expected more. I was happy that I enjoyed a coupon rate.

4  Thank AnthonyVA
Reviewed July 21, 2014

First visit so was anxious to taste, observe and take in the ambiance. Service was excellent, food was good and, overall, the experience was worthwhile. Thought the food was overpriced but the portions were adequate and presentation was good. The dining room was neat and clean. The three of us in our party enjoyed the atmosphere. The bar has a handful of seats but one goes there to enjoy the food vs. sitting at the bar. The owners made you feel like family which is a dynamic missing at chain restaurants. Overall, a good experience and I would recommend dining here.

3  Thank Jim K
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have eaten here several times and never been disappointed. The service is wonderful and very intuitive. The chef will create whatever you have a taste for and everything is always delicious. A one of a kind Italian eatery!

1  Thank Suzieq0520
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We love Italian food and this was close to where we were staying. There is really no view or atmosphere of anything. The caprese salad needed addition balsamic, however the cheese was fresh and fluffy. Ordered gnocchi and it was just OK, nothing special or anything that would make be come back. For the price it was overpriced. Service was good but it was not busy in there at all.