“Only average”

Dining options: Reservations
Geelong, Australia
“Only average”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The price of the items on the menu was not matched by the quality of the food or the service. Initially told we would have to wait 45min. to be seated. This was addressed. However I'm still baffled why this would have been so. There were 5 tables vacant throughout our dining experience?

Visited September 2013
1 Thank michael z

San Diego
“Ruined our Birthday and Anniversay. Period.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Horrible service, they could are less if you leave happy or not. Would give negative review if I could! This is what happened. We planned dinner, a room, and comedy show for my husbands' birthday and our anniversary. The Brian Regan comedy show was scheduled for 8pm so I made sure to have plenty of time to dine at the steakhouse with a reservation at 6pm. We arrived at 5:57pm and were promptly seated to a sparsely seated restaurant. Our server (I did not get the name, an older blonde woman with a bun) promptly took our order acknowledging that we had show tickets that evening. I ordered a salad and soup, my husband the ribeye all to be delivered together. We received our drinks and that is the last we heard from our server for over 40 minute. At 6:50 pm, our drinks empty and hungry, asked a busser for another bread basket. At that point we became agitated in the fact that other patrons who arrived 20-30 minutes after us were receiving their meals and we had been waiting a very long time.

We asked another server to check on our meals as we had not seen our server since she delivered our drinks. Our server comes to our table with the excuse that they were super busy and at that point we asked for a manager. We could see her approach the Manager on duty, Jason, who we could see shake his head assuming it was about us and go to the kitchen. After several minutes my husband walked to front hostess station and asked to see him. Jason came out and immediately questioned why my husband was complaining about waiting 50 minutes for food on a busy night. Sorry dude, was not busy when we ordered our food an hour ago!! At that point furious over his arrogance and rudeness we left just as our food was FINALLY coming to our table. Complained at front desk and offered a meal..too bad our show was about to start and afterwards would be too late. LAME!

Hope this review helps.. not worth the money! Possibly the worst service I've ever had and honey, I've eaten everywhere! Eat at the food court. Got a hot dog since we had no time to dine properly and the guy serving them was awesome! Such a shame. I rated food at the Steakhouse as terrible but in all fairness we never ate it because we left!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank socalsal
Upper Marlboro, MD
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you are looking for a fine dining experience, don't come to this place. Unfortunately, they charge fine dining prices. The first experience is the casino forcing you to walk a country mile through one slot machine cavern after another to get to this restaurant in the very back of this huge place. I understand that the casino tries to lure you into gambling rather than dining, but this was ridiculous. The decor of the restaurant harkens back to rat pack style places from the 1940s or 50s. There are a large number of heavily upholstered banquettes all over the restaurant with about 33% of the tables in between having normal chairs. The decor attempts to simulate Frank Lloyd Wright style architecture with high ceilings and a stone fireplace. The service runs from very neglectful to obtrusive depending upon how many diners are present and where you are in your dinner. I asked for a wine list expecting to see a large one. They gave me an iPad which normally means that the list is extensive to allow immediate updating as the wine is ordered/sold. The laughable part is that the wine list is actually very limited with mostly average quality wine and a few quality wines. I asked if they carried any half bottles since I was dining alone, but they only had either glasses of crap wine or 750 ml bottles. Since the by the glass list is usually composed of pretty bad wines and that buying wine by the glass is always a rip off, I ordered the 750ml wine. I took half of it home with me. I started with a decent mixed field greens salad that was nicely dressed. I then had a 20 oz delmonico steak that came cooked correctly. However, i had expected it to be boneless, which is normally the case with this cut, since the steaks that had the bone in were identified on the menu. This wasn't. So, instead of 20 oz of meat, I got about 10 oz of bone and 12 oz of steak for $48. I ordered two sides. The first was a twice baked potato which was very bland but large. The second was creamed spinach. This was the most god awful spinach that I had ever had. The spinach consisted of whole leaves with the large stems, instead of chopped leaves without the stems. I was swimming in a cream soup with bacon. NO taste and no parmesan cheese. It was so bad that I sent it back without a replacement. The steak came with a piped mound of mashed potatoes with a mushroom duxelle that was not mentioned on the menu nor by the waitress. The steak, which was supposed to be USDA prime, did not taste aged and was tough. This was more like USDA choice. For dessert, I ordered what was advertised on the menu as a traditional bananas foster. It was not anything like the Brennan's traditional bananas foster. It was in a praline tuille that was as hard as cement. I was lucky that I didn't chip a tooth. The cup was filled with mashed bananas and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There was not a hint of liquor (rum and creme de banane) and it was topped with two slices of bruleed bananas. Disappointing. The service was slightly above the quality of diner waitstaff. Don't waste your money or the inordinate amount of time it takes to dine here.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jocko_Rambini
Los Angeles, California, USA
“Absolutely Superb”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Don't be fooled by your experience at other casino steakhouses, this is the real thing! Excellently prepared meats and sides....the PERFECT asparagus. Great wine list and a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Ken was our waiter...he did an outstanding job.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Robert W
Los Angeles, California
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Errr... we came here for our anniversary and to be honest with you, with the money to spend on this steak house, I would rather go to Flemings or Maestro's! The lobster bisque tasted more like a shrimp soup. The steak was also just Ok, nothing WOW about it. I personally think that nothing really special about this place. I would rather go next door for the buffet.

Visited July 2013