“Good Choice for Business Travel”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Kansas City
“Good Choice for Business Travel”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I stayed here a few times from Sep 2010 - Jan 2011. The rooms are generally clean & offer decent furnishings. I liked the desk which had a good view of the tv, offered many outlets, & opened to the bed area. The shower was the nicest I've seen in a hotel, but the bathroom is oddly divided into 2 rooms. Workout room and breakfast were good. Rooms on the freeway side can be noisy. My first trip to the area I stayed in the nearby Embassy Suites and would definitely pick this SpringHill over that Embassy.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LikeToLeave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Springhill Suites. I have stayed at this brand in the past but this was my first at the Temecula location. Front desk service was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but the ones on the back suffer from freeway noise.

The separation bathroom and shower is odd. What is the point of separating the toilet from the shower/bathtub? Also, we are both tall, but did others find the tubs oddly small? I mean smaller than the standard tub size?

Breakfast was pretty basic. We were disappointed that there are not waffles and that the main fare are egg patties (very flat & strange) and sausage patties which were light on the flavor. There are also, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal and other cereals.

I generally liked the decor but --very contemporary. The halls were, as others have mentioned, extremely cold.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed December 12, 2010

The previous reviews surprise me! We were very happy with our stay. We stayed one night before going on a hot air balloon ride. We were checked with no problems by friendly staff. I agree the halls were very cold and there was a slight musty odor. Very nice decor and very clean room. I loved the shower/shower heads. Bed was comfortable, very squishy pillows though. Great TV, convenient desk with pc hookups, liked having the I-Pod docking station, coffee, fridge, iron, hair dryer etc. We didn't use the pool or fitness room but they looked awful cool. Didn't have breakfast (sunrise balloon ride) so can't review that but the coffee was good! Close to Old Town Center (eat at the Public House---A+++). The thing that impressed us the most was the price. We thought the room was great for a great price. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Though the hotel is well located to Old Town, it is cheaply built, the halls were freezing, the walls between floors are thin so you can hear people walking above you and worst of all the beds were uncomfortable, forget the sofa bed. Oh my gosh, I have slept in youth hostels with more comfortable beds. I am a gold elite with Marriott and always choose this chain because I trust Marriott quality this hotel does not live up to that standard.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I had the exact same experience as the person who also had billing issues. 4 people including the manager put me on speaker phone and basically told me THEY were going to corporate about ME, the customer. They were unprofessional and did NOT represent the Marriott brand. They are in desperate need of customer training. The fact that they told me they had me on speakerphone borders on unethical. I will not stay there again and will also let my friends know about this horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
england
Reviewed August 7, 2010

This hotel has had so much thought and talent devoted to its room design. It really is quite astonishing in its use of colour and texture. It is refined and elegant and has a feeling of a cool Japanese upmarket hotel. How the Marriott came up with a concept like this, particularly in a relative backwater like Temecula, is beyond me, but they should be congratulated and rewarded by high occupancy rates.
The reception staff were delightful. As I said, the rooms were impeccable, but I don't think the reception area works too well, it's too fussy and a bit alien to the eye.
I wrote a review of the Hampton Inn next door which is so dreadfully decorated in every shade of brown imaginable-coming to the Springhill was like being transported from 1990 to 2015.
This hotel sets the standard of room design, not only in the Temecula area, but for a much wider area-indeed some of the major chains in this price bracket should be very worried if the Marriott chain are going to roll this concept out nationwide.
Finally, it was actually cheaper than the Hampton Inn, which beggars belief.
You won't find a hotel with more stylish rooms, or better value for money, anywhere between LA and San Diego.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Traveling to Temecula for business. Tried the newest hotel in town. Just what i would expect from a Marriott Property. Clean with very nice amenities. Only complaint was the bed. Kinda a foam mattress thingy ? Should have gone to desk to ask for firmer option. Too tired. Honestly i don't know if they had other options. woke up with a backache.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business