“Bright, contemporary rooms and lobby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“Bright, contemporary rooms and lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed here 2 weeks in July. I enjoyed the bright, airy feel to the lobby and the rooms are laid out nicely with a living room area and a desk separating the bedroom from the living room. The staff always had a smile on their face which I appreciate and one went through the effort of remembering my name.

Breakfast is average although I do appreciate the hot oatmeal vs. the oatmeal packets at Fairfield. Put in a waffle maker and I'll be a bit happier with it :)

I asked for a room opposite the freeway, which wasn't a problem. If you are a light sleeper this might be a good idea for you although I can't say for sure how loud rooms on the freeway side get.

Hotel gym is spacious, doesn't feel cramped. Only 4 machines and a set of dumbbells - gets the job done in a pinch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rafa d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this property 3-4 days/week for the last 3 months. I would not even think to stay anywhere else. The lobby, facilities and rooms are consistently spotless clean, rooms are new & comfortable w/ 3 angle rainfall showers. Hotel is very safe. Staff is extraordinarily helpful and friendly, especially Kyla. She is very professional and has a great memory of names, preferences of all guests. Makes us feel at home with her warm greeting, preferred room assignments, immediate attention to all needs. The hotel also has a complimentary happy hour every day. I never participated but see that all guests enjoy drinks and conversation at the lobby area. Parking is never an issue. Hotel has plenty of it and has room key access points all around to hotel making it easy and safe to get in to the hotel if you ever come back late night. The hotel is 1 min away from the major highway (15) access points, and the historic old town.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Basakkaya
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The front desk staff are so amazing. Very helpful and hospitable. There was no traffic on my way in and they were able to accommodate my early arrival with my first floor close to the front desk request. can't get any better then that.

The breakfast is what is expected, continental style. Don't expect hot buffet, when you book your reservation it says "continental". Why do so many people expect hot big breakfast knowing this when booking their stay. Then write bad reviews because of it?

The staff were nice, food was good, area is AWESOME. Good Stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We reserved a Wedding Block and had about 20 Suites at the Hotel.
The General Manager, Ms. Guerra was outstanding to work with.
The Staff stand out from the time one checks in.
They are friendly, personable, and helpful in all ways.
The daily Wine Tasting, the affable other guests, and a daily breakfast with numerous offerings of hot and cold fare make one want to return to this Hotel.
We heartily recommend SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country for a fun stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
shstemecula, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your much appreciated kind feedback. We do our best to provide the best guest experience possible for guests like you and it means so much to us when our hard work is acknowledged and appreciated.

Thank you again!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We moved to SpringHill Suites after 1 night at Fairfield Inn down the Street & were SO pleasantly relieved! Great room, quiet despite being close to the freeway. Really modern lobby with bright colors & contemporary room with stylish décor. Included Breakfast met all our needs as well. We would DEFINITELY stay here again & felt the staff was very friendly & accommodating. Not sure why some other reviews were negative. Weekend rate did go up dramatically.

Room Tip: We had an interior room that overlooked the pool, but were buffered from the freeway noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

As always, the good first: room was functional, clean and the bed comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate but expect a large crowd. The evening desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The not so good: the check-in (afternoon) staff rushes you through the process in a professional, but not so friendly manner. The rooms that face the highway are noisy and so were a lot of the younger guests that were staying here. In short, this is a very average hotel for an expensive rate. I don't think we will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank smalltowngalReno
shstemecula, Manager at SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and your much appreciated feedback.
orange county, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I stay at Marriott hotels every time we travel and this by far has the WORST Guest Service Staff we've ever experienced. I booked a room for my parents this past weekend for fathers day. I've booked many times in the past at their $159 rate and this time the rates were up at $269. I was working with Front desk to submit a credit card authorization form and asked a few questions. I didn't get any response back for days. Still no word and my parents were already due to check in. I emailed Krissie Goodin, the supposedly front desk manager, and NO RESPONSE. I had to call the front desk just to make sure they received the credit card authorization. On Saturday when my parents were due to check in I called at 730am to get a feel of what the earliest time for check in would be if available and I spoke with Felicia who said 1:30pm. Knowing that they don't guarantee early check in, I called again around noon and spoke with Olivia who was not nice from the minute she answered. I asked her if early check in was available and she replied very rudely that they were full house so no and maybe 230-3pm. I politely asked her well I was told 1:30pm earlier and no mention of the hotel being full house. She again became a little more aggressive and upset at this point because I asked this question and said we do not guarantee early check-in. I proceeded to let her know that I was aware of the no guarantee of early check-in and that was not my question. It was confusing because I am being told one thing by one guest service agent and then another by Olivia. Just wanted to get justification as to why I am being told different things. She interrupted me and continued to be rude. She was very unprofessional! My parents checked out Sunday (6/15) and were not happy with their stay.

I would not recommend this hotel nor book my parents there ever again!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank r0bem
shstemecula, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback as all feedback is much appreciated. I apologize for your understandable frustration with trying to get a clear answer for a early check-in. Your concerns have been addressed with the mentioned associate and I apologize that you feel that she displayed poor guest service. I usually receive great feedback regarding my team so I apologize that you did not experience the usual top guest service that my team consistently try's to deliver. Please note that the mentioned email sent to' Krissie Goodin' is not her email account. That email address is a old account that is used for the front desk to send out limited forms. It is used by several team members to send out information, not for receiving guest issues or requests.

Again, I apologize for your inconvenience and thank you again for your feedback.