“One night romantic stay, almost what we expected”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I got another night away while family watched the kids, yay! We started driving north from San Diego on the I-15, got to Temecula and said, let's try this area!

After checking the pictures and reviews, (they have 2 pools!) we made reservations while having lunch in a Chili's from my iPhone, nice n easy. We arrive and check-in is simple, courteous and pleasant.

We go to our room, enter the doorway to a very clean, modern, and spacious area. We loved the room. Not overly expensive couches or fancy, but very efficient. Small sink (who cares) made more room in the water closet. The shower area had plenty of room and 3 shower heads (WINNING!). Everything seemed awesome.

We get on our bathing suits to jump in the spa at the pool.... we walking into the indoor pool area... no spa. We walk outdoors to the outer pool.... no spa. Wait what?! I walk up to the front desk in my boardshorts.... where is your jacuzzi? "We don't have one." - You mean to tell me you have 2 pools but no jacuzzi? UGH. fail.

The man at the front desk is apologetic and offers us a couple tickets to a comedy show at a local casino. We're in. That's another review though.

So to wrap up, the rooms, breakfast and hotel workers were great for someone on a business trip... but when I think, "wine country", I think romantic. It wasn't that. not remotely.... well, I guess the big shower with 3 shower heads counts as romantic... but for us, until they upgrade some of the amenities, we won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle H

Reviewed February 25, 2013

EVERYTHING about this lovely hotel was perfect, except the weather. Service, accommodations, decor, morning breakfast, and parking more than exceeded my expectations. Should I ever find myself in Temecula again, I'll be sure to stay at this little gem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBiblis
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a new property, all in all very pleasant. It is immaculately clean and maintained in perfect condition.

The lobby is a bit funky - rather 'modern' in design - but the rooms are great. They are not really "suites" in the sense of a suite having a separate bedroom - there is a partition between the bed and the desk - sofa area, and the toilet is in a different room than the shower. I think it's a great room design for a business person, or perhaps for a couple. The beds are very comfortable. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, but you can walk to dinner at several different restaurants that are all within a few hundred meters (yards) of the hotel.

Breakfast is better than average for this general class of hotel. The coffee is good, the orange juice is good, and you actually get fresh scrambled eggs and sausages, or you can cook waffles.

I recommend that you request a room on the top floor (third floor) of this property, because the floors are wooden (not concrete), and if the person in the room above you is noisy, that sound travels down to your room. If you are on the top floor, you won't have this problem. Soundproofing between adjacent rooms is very good.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this place. I've stayed here 3 times, and will certainly return again if I have to visit this town again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor - those are the quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank solotravellerCanada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our room was very clean, which I think is most important! :) Beds were comfortable; decor contemporary. Not an overly large room, but we only spent time sleeping there, so not a problem. Breakfast was adequate, though they didn't seem to keep up with the crowd. Egg "patties" were pretty cold, ick. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Got to the hotel around 5pm friday was a quick check in. Room was clean and well appointed. Hell did not start til we got back on saturday afternoon after a day of wine tasteing. The hotel checked a family above us. The parent left the kids alone.
WWe was going on above us for 2hrs. After three phone calls and my wife going down stairs we were finally moved. Caught the neighbor outside told him to go and complain he was moved.
The walls have good insulation but the ceiling not so much. Second floor hallway creeks while walking. You can hear normal foot traffic quite well from the ceiling. It is not the hotels faught for bad parenting but felt the hotel had cheap construction and noisey.
Cab fare to old town was 7 bucks with tip. Easy to get to from 15 fwy.

Room Tip: Get the 3 floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joseph s
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This Spring Hill suites was in a great location for old town Temecula and the wine country. They had a good breakfast in the morning and recognized my platinum status upon check-in. The decoration on the outside was rustic while the decoration on the inside was contemporary. Not a problem because the hotel was very clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was disappointed with the SpringHill Suites because Marriott had the cheek to call our teeny room a suite. Marriott pulled off the 'suite' designation by placing a desk in the middle of a small-ish standard room, installing a five foot divider to the back of the desk, and voilà - the small room is now a suite! Installing the fixed structure in the middle of the space forced the bed too far over for the room's original design; so now the nightstand must be moved to the foot of the bed in order to open the closet door. It's a pity because the room wouldn't have been bad if they would have left it as a room. All of this nonsense aside, the pros and cons of SpringHill Suites are as follows:

Pros: Surprisingly comfortable bed (probably a memory foam mattress or mattress topper, updated shower/tub combo with rain showerhead, separate water closet, mini fridge, complimentary continental breakfast.

Cons: limited storage space for clothing, previously-noted issue with nightstand/closet door, thin walls, inadequate seating in dining room (had to bring breakfast back up to the room to eat).

Okay, I get that you will always overpay for a room in Temecula. Rooms in the $200 range will generally be clean but sparse. That said, I recommend that you explore before settling on the SpringHill Suites Temecula.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple