“Great stay for half the price of other hotels...”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
wleasure
“Great stay for half the price of other hotels...”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding up the street. Loved the location as we wanted to grab a meal and a few items we forgot (Target and big shopping center about 1 mile on the other side of the freeway). We had a king suite room which included a refrigerator and sitting area which was nice to have. Free breakfast. We had friends staying at Pechanga that were paying $299.00 a night which is crazy. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the street side (as others have mentioned).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wleasure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Horrible service from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave.
The staff is cold and unhelpful and this includes the people you reach at customer care they should think of changing the name to customer blow off line. We were told breakfast would be at 6:30 am by the girl who check us in and when we went out for breakfast we were told it would not be served until 7am because of the holiday, their response "there were signs posted around the breakfast bar and they have been there for 3 days." If I have never stayed at your hotel before why would I know where to look, why would I go to the breakfast area until I need breakfast, and why wouldn't I think the information the girl at the front desk gave me when I checked in was true? My wedding started a half hour late.
The managers reception was also canceled on the day of wedding which no one informed me or my guests of.
The beds were also too hard, the pillows too soft and don't even attempt to sleep on the pull out bed unless you like sleeping on a thin piece of fabric covering springs. The shower and faucets have little to no water pressure and the lighting makes it impossible to get ready. NOt to mention you hear the noise from the freeway all night long.
I asked to speak to a manager and a week and a half later still have not been able to get in contact with her.
At best I was contacted by the sales manager and called a liar and told all of my complaints were false.
SO IF YOU WANT TO BE CALLED A LAIR, TREATED LIKE A SUB HUMAN, BE TOLD YOU DID THINGS YOU DID NOT DO AND BRUSHED OFF BY BOTH THE HOTEL STAFF AND CUSTOMER CARE STAFF THEN THIS IS THE HOTEL FOR YOU.

Room Tip: Not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meghan F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Entering our room for a two night stay, we thought it way too modern and funky-looking. By the time we left, we had fallen in love with everything about the place. From the lighting to the separate toilet room with another sink to the comfy bed, functional desk, seating area and great lighting, someone knew how to design space wisely with just the right accoutrements. Add in the good breakfasts and this was a great stay for a rate of a hundred dollars a night! Apparently from other reviews we got a super rate as seniors booking several rooms. Don't know if it's worth twice as much, but it's was a fine accommodation in a great location near everything and a great deal for us! We'd go back tomorrow!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CBS-CHS
Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed one night at the SpringHill Suites Temecula to explore the wine country on our way to San Diego. The hotel is clean and very modern. Our room was spacious, with a comfortable king bed, sitting area, separate shower & toilet areas. It was too cold to use the outside pool; and the inside pool, which was small but nice, had a very strong chlorine smell. The staff was very helpful and professional. Continental breakfast was quite tasty. It's a quick walk to the Old Town...a very good idea as parking on a Sunday afternoon was challenging! The only down side is the proximity to the highway. We read on TripAdvisor that it can be loud, so we requested the quieter area upon booking. It wasn't too bad...we just cranked up the white noise. That's the price you pay for quick access while travelling! Our rate for a Sunday night, off season, was only $98.00...no complaints there.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phylloef
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

It was the Little League playoffs in Temecula for Memorial Day Weekend and from what I heard, each team had to rent at least 11 rooms per some type of League ruling. The hotel where I usually stay was booked and this was the only place available that was near where I was working. The suites were huge but did not have a separating wall. The décor was an unusual modernistic type with an opaque glass walled desk area. There was a sofa and chair (I do not know if it was a sofa bed). There were separate half baths for shower and toilet. The shower was unique with a large rain-shower nozzle plus two other nozzles at belly level. It was a marvelous shower and I must have stay in it for at least 45 minutes just enjoying the massage and heat. There was also a rear room area that I did not understand its purpose other than as luggage storage area. The rooms were clean but the bed was a bit too firm for me. I get up early (4:00-6:00) and found that the breakfast was not available until 7:00. They had it there but would not let me eat early. The selection was minimal and from what I saw, not too visually appealing. So for the two days I was there, I chose to eat elsewhere. The room was cost was in excess of $200/night, possibly due to the Holiday and the League in town. I nice stay for some but too pricey for me. Once was enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Gus and Dee
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

For a rate of $170/nite it is only OK. Outside pool was freezing. But most things are newish, clean, staff is friendly and you can walk to Old Town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We used this hotel as a pit stop on a mini So Cal vacation to San Diego. It's about 1/2 way down to SD from Orange County and the location was perfect. We have to young children (7+4) and I must say the hotel was perfect too.

It's close to everything. The freeway (the 15), the mall (Promenade) and just about every chain restaurant you can think of (In and Out included). It's also a very quick drive to Old Town Temecula (History and some Restaurants) and the Vineyards are but 10 minutes away.

We stayed here as a pit stop and so all of the above were perfect. They also had a pool which for children makes the hotel better than any hotel without one. The pool is small but clean and with kids... that's all you need.

The rooms were very modern (that modern style) but the great thing was there was this room divider which was so very nice so that while we put the kids down, my wife and I could watch some TV and start packing for the next day already.

Great room, great hotel, great location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family