“Great hotel nearby everything in Temecula.”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel nearby everything in Temecula.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Nice looking property with neat rooms. The wineries are east of here within a 5 mile drive. Old Town Temecula is just a quick 5 minute walk south of the hotel.. The shower in the room is really awesome. It has a huge shower head on the top and two smaller sprayers about waist level that can be shut off. The only drawback were some dopey people across the hall from our room that were loud and left their burnt microwave popcorn out in the hall.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #258 which is at the end wing of the second floor. The hotel is next to the freewa...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
California
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I spent one night and found the room comfortable and inviting with a modern flair. King size bed was cozy. Our room was facing the freeway so you can hear the traffic a little, but a minor flaw. There's a section next to the front desk stocked with snacks and beverages for purchase. Convenient for those with kids or those craving a late snack. Pechanga Casino and Old Town is only a short drive. Other restaurants and shopping centers are nearby as well.

Room Tip: Pechanga Casino and historic Old Town is a short drive.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Our room was spacious and comfortable, but somewhat noisy. You could hear the constant freeway traffic even with the windows closed. Breakfast was great, with a lot of variety & great coffee: sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, etc. but it ended at 9 am. That was pretty inconvenient! After the first morning when we went down for breakfast at 8:30 and had to wait for the line to clear up we decided to go down at 8 am the next day. That worked a little bit better, there were less people and finding a place to sit was easier. Of the two front desk clerks one was friendly and helpful, the other couldn't care less about providing information about Temecula Old Town, which was supposedly nearby. Her answer to everything was that she didn't know.
Overall, this hotel was ok, pretty new & very clean.

Room Tip: Request an even numbered room to avoid freeway noise. Go to breakfast early to avoid crowds.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vzqzm
Martinez, California
Reviewed December 4, 2011

traveled to Temecula about 2 months ago and didn't have to best time that I thought I would have. The hotel itself is wonderful. The rooms come eqquiped with a little fridge and microwave. That saved me since I brought my own snacks. It also has a hide a bed which I didn't know. Didn't get to use it. The shower was the best part. It has jets and a powerful shower head. I thought I was in heaven. Breakfast was great. Sausage and a waffle maker that I took full advantage of. There was also some eggs (not my style, kinda like premade kind) and some muffins, coffee, juice ect. It was great. The staff for breakfast was great as well. Very kind and attending. But the front desk clerk was miserable. When I checked in there was no one to be found. I guess she was in the back with reports. But I stood there for like 5 minutes. A small girl with kinda dark hair and a black sweater comes up like walked out like I was such a incovience to her. She checked me in and I started to asking questions about the town and what to do. She answered me like I was suppose to know these things. I was just getting a little guideline. She also did the corky laugh. Like it was under her breath. I was pretty PO'd about that. I didn't let it bother me. I also called down for more shampoo and a towel and she made me walk to the desk and pick it up. I guess it was super busy but the parking lot said otherwise. But when I would walk back and forth that evening, no one was there to attend to the desk. She was again maybe doing some reports in the back. The hotel was great and part of the staff was wonderful but that girl was just so unpleasant. I would suggest she get some customer service training because she she hates her job!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lilly T
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very modern decor hit high notes and low. We liked that they used recycled materials and appreciate some of the high-end fixtures such as shower jets and sink faucets, but the frosted glass bathroom doors and the weirdly placed closet were just poor decisions. The sink faucets were caked up with calcium deposits that looked like potential bacteria farms and the frosted slider bathroom doors (opposite the foot of the beds) made a lot of racket, let too much light into the room when others were sleeping, and offered a diffused peepshow of relatives getting into and out of the shower, toweling off and even sitting on the toilet. The "waterfall" curtains that delineated the eating and lounging areas in the lobby were interesting but mostly just looked cheap. The two coffee urns had an out-of-order sign the 1st morning (both of them, really?) while breakfast staff spent about 15 minutes spooning egg rounds into a serving bowl that they could have just chopped up like scrambled eggs (which they did with the broken ones anyway). Only 1 person at a time staffed the front desk, and she was missing in action during the coffee fiasco. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was unavoidable.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lake Forest
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Went to Temecula for a trip to Wine Country. Our wine tour company picked us up at the hotel as it's conveniently located near the wineries. Also in walking distance of Old Town Temecula where you find some great little shops and restaurants. Entire hotel is done a retro yet stylish decor and the rooms all have a mini-suite layout with separate shower/bathroom. Overall a good experience and while not the cheapest, if you plan to visit old town and are willing to pay a little more for a great room, this is the way to go. ONLY complaint would be checking in and is my only reason for not giving a 5 star rating. First impressions are always important,and I just about walked out on this one. The woman that finally came to the front desk after ringing the bell a few times acted as though we were bothering her by checking in. Luckily the hotel itself made up for the the unfriendly welcoming to Wine Country.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigAlFromSoCal
Everett, Washington
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I made the reservation a month before my travel date for $104/night 4 nights and had Marriot points for one night. When I arrived they would not honor the price at which I reserved my nights. They charged me $209 per night and would not even apologize for the inconvenience I had to go through. The staff were eating full plates of food at the counter while helping guests which I thought very unprofessional and sometimes they were not even at the counter. One customer had to pretend he was ringing a bell to get someone to come out front! The rooms were not very well thought out ( at least the one I stayed in). The closet was in the far corner and I barely had room to open the doors to hang some of my clothes. The bathroom doors had glass so that if you got up in the night and had to turn on the light anyone else that might be sleeping would have bright lights shining in their face. But mostly it was the service and lack of respect of the staff that would not honor my price at which I reserved the room a month beforehand. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family