“Weird trip (the hotel, not the journey)”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Tallahassee, FL
“Weird trip (the hotel, not the journey)”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very modern decor hit high notes and low. We liked that they used recycled materials and appreciate some of the high-end fixtures such as shower jets and sink faucets, but the frosted glass bathroom doors and the weirdly placed closet were just poor decisions. The sink faucets were caked up with calcium deposits that looked like potential bacteria farms and the frosted slider bathroom doors (opposite the foot of the beds) made a lot of racket, let too much light into the room when others were sleeping, and offered a diffused peepshow of relatives getting into and out of the shower, toweling off and even sitting on the toilet. The "waterfall" curtains that delineated the eating and lounging areas in the lobby were interesting but mostly just looked cheap. The two coffee urns had an out-of-order sign the 1st morning (both of them, really?) while breakfast staff spent about 15 minutes spooning egg rounds into a serving bowl that they could have just chopped up like scrambled eggs (which they did with the broken ones anyway). Only 1 person at a time staffed the front desk, and she was missing in action during the coffee fiasco. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was unavoidable.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Lake Forest
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Went to Temecula for a trip to Wine Country. Our wine tour company picked us up at the hotel as it's conveniently located near the wineries. Also in walking distance of Old Town Temecula where you find some great little shops and restaurants. Entire hotel is done a retro yet stylish decor and the rooms all have a mini-suite layout with separate shower/bathroom. Overall a good experience and while not the cheapest, if you plan to visit old town and are willing to pay a little more for a great room, this is the way to go. ONLY complaint would be checking in and is my only reason for not giving a 5 star rating. First impressions are always important,and I just about walked out on this one. The woman that finally came to the front desk after ringing the bell a few times acted as though we were bothering her by checking in. Luckily the hotel itself made up for the the unfriendly welcoming to Wine Country.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigAlFromSoCal
Everett, Washington
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I made the reservation a month before my travel date for $104/night 4 nights and had Marriot points for one night. When I arrived they would not honor the price at which I reserved my nights. They charged me $209 per night and would not even apologize for the inconvenience I had to go through. The staff were eating full plates of food at the counter while helping guests which I thought very unprofessional and sometimes they were not even at the counter. One customer had to pretend he was ringing a bell to get someone to come out front! The rooms were not very well thought out ( at least the one I stayed in). The closet was in the far corner and I barely had room to open the doors to hang some of my clothes. The bathroom doors had glass so that if you got up in the night and had to turn on the light anyone else that might be sleeping would have bright lights shining in their face. But mostly it was the service and lack of respect of the staff that would not honor my price at which I reserved the room a month beforehand. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura S
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Being a traveler I have stayed at many places! But the service at this Hotel stands above the rest. I call and my room is ready, I wake up and there's plenty of great food for breakfast (and sometimes this is the only good meal I get a day, if your a heavy traveler, you'll understand). Then when the day is done, what better way to cap off a tough day then with Pappy and the managers reception area where your pampered with light snacks and complimentary wine served by the most customer service oriented person I have ever met. Here's to the team at Springhill in Temecula and a big "shout out" for Thee Man.....Pappy!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am a frequent traveler and stay at many hotels and my stay at Springhiill Suites in Temecula, Ca. has been truely enjoyable. I LOVE the decor, it has such a vibrant,fresh,crisp and clean feel to it. Other then the beautiful decor I was thouroughly impressed with the staff. Not only was the front desk attendants very friendly and informative, the housekeeping and maintenance employees were friendly as well. I could not have been more pleasently surprised with my overall experience. I applaud the managment as this hotel is impressive, 'every great team comes from a great leader'. I will recomend Springhill Suites to all my friends and family and look forward to my stay there next time I visit Temecla.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam G
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The four main hotels in Temecula are all located just off the highway. We have family in the area, so we have made several visits in the last few years. Staying at SpringHill was a great find. It is done in a very modern motif. The lobby has ceiling to floor sheer fabric partitioning off various sections of the lobby creating different spaces. There are very up to date fixtures throughout, especially the bathrooms. We will definately return.

Room Tip: You want to be away from the highway on the parking lot side. Rooms in the 04-10 stretch on the 2nd...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Even though Sprinhill Suites is the lower end Marriott, they carry over much of the professionalism of the parent chain. My room was clean and appeared to be pretty new. Like all Springhill Suites, it was a very good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business