“The most amazing day!”

Guided Temecula Wine Tour from San Diego
Ranked #5 of 44 Tours in Temecula
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our narrated, scenic tour for individuals provides luxury service from San Diego, Anaheim and Temecula hotels, as well as from our office in Old Town Temecula. If you live in San Diego or Anaheim, we can arrange pick-up from nearby hotels and motels. Coordinating unique experiences for visitors to Temecula Valley Wine Country since 1993, our goal is to exceed our clients' expectations. Pick-up/drop-off from any Southern California location for every group size of one or more is included in packages for private excursions by executive transportation, group wine tasting, winemaker team building, sunset winery dinners, and special occasion coordination. Our ultimate goal is for all of our guests have an enjoyable, safe, and entertaining time. We elevate the typical guest experience during a visit to the Temecula Valley Wine Country through personal encounters with winery owners and winemakers, exceptional food service, and accurate narrative about an area with historical significance in the development of California.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Tim picked me up at our hotel. Met great people on bus! Was never uncomfortable being solo. An amazing day. Tim is so knowledgable and so very passionate about wine and Temeculah. You can't go wrong on this trip!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I took this tour in August of 2013 with my sister. We had a wonderful time but did not write a review about that tour. However because I enjoyed the tour so much the first time I decided to go again with my husband Saturday, February 22, 2014 while staying at the Hilton Spa and Resort in Mission Bay for a Triathlon our son was competing in on Sunday. I also wanted my husband to enjoy the trip with me since he gave the first tour to me as a birthday gift. Tim was the driver both times I have been on the tour. He is very knowledgable about Temecula Valley and the vineyards and has a good rapport with the owners at the vineyards we toured. We love not having to drive to and from the wineries and were picked up and dropped off at our hotel in San Diego. The price is very reasonable for everything that is included in the tour. Three wineries, about six tastings per person at each location, a delicious lunch, (I believe they can accommodate different diets and restrictions.), transportation to and from quite a few San Diego locations as well Temecula locations. This time we went to Fraggipani- a quaint winery with beautiful views, Wilson Creek was next, a very large and busy location, an interesting barrel room with live music in the courtyard. The last winery we went to was Churon, a very peaceful bed and breakfast winery. The first time I went on the tour Churon was closed because of an event being held there but am very glad we got to Churon this time. Really enjoyed Churon's wine and brought a few bottles home with us. Tim stated since I had been on the tour in August he could have arranged to go to some wineries that I had not been to before. I told him it was okay if we went to the same wineries and that we had not made it to Churon before. I enjoyed seeing the two wineries I saw before and wanted my husband to see the difference in each winery. Tim also stopped to take a photo of my sister and me on the first tour in front of a winery owned by our parents' friends. Maybe next time we can tour that winery. Miramonte was the alternate winery on the first trip and we really enjoyed the large patio area for sipping wine or in our case kicking back and enjoying the views. On the tour you stop in Old Town Temecula for an hour before you visit the wineries. My husband went to the new brewery in town and said it was really good. I went to the farmer's market in town it is held on Saturday until about 1:00 p.m. My husband and I alsowent to an oil and vinegar tasting at Calabro in old town which was excellent. Tim ,thanks for another excellent wine tour of Temecula! P.S. anyone thinking about going and not sure when to go early August is a beautiful time with grapes still on the vines. We even tasted a few grapes and mid to late August they are harvesting grapes may even get to see grape stomping. February was a blast but the grape vines are not very pretty at this time.

2  Thank HeyNayAZ
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling solo and wanted to do a fun tour. Dave picked me up in San Diego in a very large and nice van. He made sure I didnt feel uncomfortable solo and the others were fun and friendly. Of course we became fast friends on a wine tour ! Lunch was good, the wineries visited were great, old town Temecula was also very enjoyable. Good time good tour

1  Thank sh_and_sw
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Tim picked us up from our hotel in San Diego, and brought us to Old Town Temecula for an hour-long stop in town before heading out to the wineries. Highly recommend a visit to Villa di Calabro in town for an olive oil/balsamic vinegar tasting - a definite highlight of the day. From Old Town to the three wineries - each one offering something different to taste and see - each one staffed with very pleasant and helpful staff. Throughout the day, Tim patiently answered questions, and was full of local knowledge and information that reflects his long time in the area. All in all, a highly relaxing and pleasant day - with enough wine to be thankful that someone else was driving back to San Diego.

1  Thank 317patrick
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had Tim pick us up at the Welks Resort and were on our way to Temecula Wine Country for our 5 1/2 hour tour. We spent the first hour in Old Town Temecula at our leisure. Great time to explore all the little shops in a charming old western town. We then departed for our first stop at Fraggipani, my favorite of the 3 we visited. It was just a warm and friendly place with good wines and a great view when sitting outside enjoying a cigar with my wine. Tim had picked up lunch and we then enjoyed more wine along with bread, meats, cheeses, potato salad and fruit cup. Our next Stop was at Wilson Creek which was a much larger winery. Wines were great and the people were friendly. Our last stop was Churon which was in a nice setting and I once again sat outside sipping my wine with another cigar. Had to pass on the last 2 tastes since I was feeling pretty good and figured it was a nice place to stop. Tim gave us all the time we needed and was very informative about the area and the wineries. Having a driver and a guided tour is in my opinion the only way to do this safely and really enjoy yourself. Thanks Tim and hope we can do this again sometime!

1  Thank italiancowboy