“Been there before...”

Public House
Ranked #8 of 441 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: PUBlic House roosts in the heart of Old Town Temecula among rustic, nostalgic buildings. Since 2009, we have served the finest fare in a truly unique restored home from the 1950s. PUBlic House is discreet at first glance. As you walk up to our hosts you only just hear the life music and busy, joyful activity tucked out back awaiting you. This aspect of PUBlic House always makes dining an intimate rendezvous. Whether you are having a sweet heart-to-heart in the patio garden or catching up with friends on the balcony, PUBlic House romances with charm. Our customers describe PUBlic House as "Chill" and "Funky Cool". It's true, Fridays through Sundays you will rock the rhythm of live music 'til the wee hours. Staff say Sundays are especially relaxing due to the clientele vibe and live acoustic music. Throughout the year, PUBlic House's patio garden remains relaxing with the hum of friends and family dining on fine food and drink that uncommonly delight them. You enjoy dining in many different seasons. So, in steamy summers the balcony and patio garden sparkle with mist. In winters we get it toasty with outdoor heaters and warm, rich menu items. Welcome to the family!
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Food was good as usual... My husband and I went there for lunch this past Friday. I had the kobe beef burger with blue cheese fries and my husband always the Rueben. Burger fries sandwhich great! But they have different types of fries you can try. So my husbands came with the BBQ I wanted to try the blue cheese. They charged me an extra for ordering the blue cheese with out telling me there was an extra charge... Which was just whatever. So for a burger a rueben a water that was empty half the time and one beer our bill was 56$ for lunch!
Here are some of the complaints. SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE! I dont know how busy they were outside but inside they were only 3 other tables besides us. Water was empty most of the time. They never have the beer my husband wants. Super slow lunch delivery. Unfriendly. I watched patrons get sat at a dirty table and they refused to sit until they wiped down the very obviously dirty table. We had to wait 10 minutes for our check to arrive after we were already done eating. Our lunch took us an hour and a half on a friday when we got there at 11:15. Very disappointing. Especially because in the past we have gone for dinner and have loved it with great service. Maybe the lunch staff isnt as good.

1  Thank savydiner_10

Reviewed August 30, 2010

We were taken in by the use of local foods and the word of mouth raving reviews. We were very dissapointed.

First, it was a solid two hour wait and we could not make reservations. Luckily there are other local bars you can go to and have a beer or two while you wait for them to call your cell phone and tell you that your table is ready. I did appreciate that you don't have to just stand in the dooryard and wait two hours.

Once seated I thought it would get better. Wrong. We were seated close to a half an hour before our waitress arrived. We ordered our beers, but she wouldn't take our dinner order yet even though we had had plenty of time to decide on our choices. After another ten to twenty minutes she returned to tell two of the people in our party that their beer of choice was out. A further ten minutes until a replacement beer arrived then ensued.

Once the food finally arrived it was ok. I had the Herbed Thyme Square and despite hearing of huge portions, mine was rather small. However, it was wonderfully flavored and the potatoes that occumpanied it were also of outstanding taste. The problem was the temperature. I'm not sure how long it must have sat in the kitchen, but it was really quite cool. After two plus hours in the restaurant by this time, I just ate it.

My husband had the pulled pork and it was enormous and he said it wasn't the best he'd ever had, but it wasn't the worst either.

My son ordered a kid's mac and cheese and he complained about the taste. After forcing him to finish a few more bites (as I assumed he was just being a fussy child), I tried it. I immediately apologized to him for making him eat it. It was disgusting. I assume they were using some fancy pretentious cheese that was aged for years, but it just tasted like feet and had no business being in a kid's dish. And we specifically were ordering the kid mac and cheese and asked them not to use any special adornment as he just likes it plain.

The beer selection would have been great, had they had them all. My food would have been great, had it been warm. And the service would have been par at best if they had been faster as she really wasn't warm or engaging either.

3  Thank Mainer3
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stopped in for appetizers before a late dinner elsewhere. The food was very good, we wished we wouldn't have gone to the other restaurant.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

By far, the BEST food in Temecula, CA. I love the live music on the weekends on the outdoor patio.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Locals told me Public House was the best place to eat in Temecula - they were so right!! They have the best beer, food and people! It is a great place to hang out and listen to music. Their back patio is spacious and heated and the front deck is great to watch the sunset. The food is fresh and local and creative and reasonably priced and most of all, fantastic. It's the kind of place where you could just say to your server - surprise me and you will not be disappointed. The beers are local and varied too. Thank you Summer and Chris for making a stranger feel so welcome!! If I lived closer, the Public House would be our regular hang out.