“Really good food that is offbeat.”
Review of Public House

Public House
Ranked #7 of 426 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: PUBlic House roosts in the heart of Old Town Temecula among rustic, nostalgic buildings. Since 2009, we have served the finest fare in a truly unique restored home from the 1950s. PUBlic House is discreet at first glance. As you walk up to our hosts you only just hear the life music and busy, joyful activity tucked out back awaiting you. This aspect of PUBlic House always makes dining an intimate rendezvous. Whether you are having a sweet heart-to-heart in the patio garden or catching up with friends on the balcony, PUBlic House romances with charm. Our customers describe PUBlic House as "Chill" and "Funky Cool". It's true, Fridays through Sundays you will rock the rhythm of live music 'til the wee hours. Staff say Sundays are especially relaxing due to the clientele vibe and live acoustic music. Throughout the year, PUBlic House's patio garden remains relaxing with the hum of friends and family dining on fine food and drink that uncommonly delight them. You enjoy dining in many different seasons. So, in steamy summers the balcony and patio garden sparkle with mist. In winters we get it toasty with outdoor heaters and warm, rich menu items. Welcome to the family!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food was fantastic and the service was great! That combo just had our group sitting there for probably longer than a normal lunch date. The drink selection is awesome, too! Good beer! We went for lunch and it was not crowded inside, but the back patio was packed. A little higher on the price side so do expect that. My wife and I shared an appetizer and our meal and we were FULL. The food portions are big. Check it out, it's really nice for a date!

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Food was so good! Only in season ingredients were used. Service was great and I loved the huckleberry vodka!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Love this place! I have been several times with a couple of different motives for the evening and each time they more than exceed my expectations. I have visited the Public House a few times just for dinner with friends during the week. There is still a wait even on a Wednesday night. I have also been here to have dinner on the weekend and catch the band, which is always entertaining. And I have also been here just for drinks at the bar.

First off, the service here is amazing every time! The waiters ask for your name as you order and somehow manage to remember it throughout the night. Very impressive. The staff is always very knowledgeable on the menu and specials even though they change frequently.

Second, the beer and wine list is rather large and has a very good variety. Often you will find wine from the local wineries which is nice.

The food here has NEVER disappointed. I am a huge fan of macaroni and cheese. If it's on the menu, I'll probably order it. Theirs is the best! The ingredients are different every time, which keeps me from getting bored with my favorite dish! My boyfriend loves the deconstructed chicken pot pie! The fries are amazing! You really can't go wrong ordering here...anything will be good!

Yeah, the wait is usually pretty long, but they text you when your table is ready so you can wander around Old Town a little bit. Trust me, there is a reason the wait is so long...it is definitely worth it!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A great afternoon can be had here....wonderful customer service, the waiter Tyler was a DREAM, the girls at the hostess desk were the sweetest they could be....I will return over and over again...and to add that macaroni and cheese dish with asparagus and garlic....to die for....Thanks for a wonderful experience in your wonderful city!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Thanks for the fun! You treated us very well. We had a group of 13 , you accommodated us and the food was great. This Army mom will be back : ) We had a great server Tyler.