“New Menu and Food Not as Good”

Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 441 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rancho California Road
Description: Located in beautiful Temecula Wine Country, The Pinnacle Restaurant at Falkner Winery offers breathtaking panoramic views from its hilltop setting. Dine either indoors in their glass enclosed dining room or outside on their open-air balcony overlooking the vineyard. Experience the great American-Mediterranean Style cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gianni Ciciliot and the high quality, award winning Falkner wines. Special dishes prepared daily. Open daily for lunch 11:30am to 3:00 p.m.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I left a review in April and gave the Pinnacle 5 stars. We went back again this month for lunch. The menu has changed, but the food items are very similar. I ordered the diver scallops and they were not very good. The risotto which came with them was also not very good. The asparagus was tough and woody. The sun roasted tomatoes were large and very chewy. They were distracting and the risotto was not creamy like it should be. The herb crust with the balsamic drizzle overwhelmed the flavor of the scallops. The dry herbs hurt my mouth as I ate them. In April, this was one of the best dish I had ever had. My husband hated his roast beef wrap. He thought the texture of the tortilla was gooey and the green chiles were too soft and mushy. We had a free appetizer since we're wine club members. It was just a cracker with a thin slice of, what I think was, Parmesan cheese. The cheese was so tough, we couldn't bite through it. Honestly, I had to spit it out into my napkin. We had brought a good friend with us. We were embarrassed that we had so highly recommended the Pinnacle and very disappointed in the meal. We will try it again in a few more months and write another review then. I hope this was just a bad day for the chef and not a permanent change in the quality of the restaurant. I doubt if we will recommend it to any friends again since they seem to have problems with consistency. I'm still giving them 3 stars since the view is great and we have gotten wonderful meals in the past.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

As you make your way up to the top of the rolling hill at the Falkner Winery, you know that even if the food isn't great, the view will be spectacular. Walking through the heavy red wooden double doors into the the room of windows that circle to your right and left, you face a breathtaking view of not only the vineyard but the entire valley.
Start with the Apple and Walnut brie topped with a raspberr sauce and a glass of wine from Falkner's winery. The Meritage and Super Tuscan are well balanced reds.
Good service, wonderful salads, great view, nice red wines.....a great place to begin your Temecula Valley wine Tasting Tour.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went here yesterday afternoon after doing a tasting, we were not impressed with the wine tasting but the restaurant was very good. We had burgers and brisket and all were cooked to perfection, large portions and very tasty, they also served a warm bread basket with an olive oil accompaniment that was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The quality of food was excellent. It was the perfect setting to end a day of relaxing wine tasting. Although the service was a bit slow, but it was the end of their day as well. Although probably not the best time of year for a view of vineyards, it was still a great view watching the sun set over the hills.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We joined friends here for lunch. It was our second time at the Pinnacle. Both experiences were wonderful. The food is great as are the wait staff. I had the divers scallops. I think they were the best scallops I have ever had. The risotto that came with it was very good, a bit salty for me, but still very good. My husband had a steak sandwich that he is still raving about. The wine was very good as well. It was a very good place to enjoy a meal and conversation. The view from the restaurant is also good. Our meal was very reasonably priced, considering the wine we drank.