“Love it!!!!”

Scarcella's Pizzeria & Grill
Ranked #297 of 416 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: First Italian Restaurant in Temecula, opened our doors in 1976. We are celebrating 40 years! All sauces, dressing, pizza's are made with freshest ingredients. We have a thorough menu which includes: Sea Food, Pastas, Pizza's and Meats. Give us a taste and you will not regret it! Scarcella's
Murrieta, California
“Love it!!!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Food is great and they give you plenty. The place is a little bit loud
but very nice if you can sit outside.

Menifee, California
“Tucked Away by the Movie Theatre is a Fantastic Italian Place!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Easy to miss if you don't know it's there, but anyone from this area sure knows about it. One of the oldest family owned restaurants in Temecula, this place has a classy atmosphere and excellent food. White table clothes and bottles of Pellegrino on the table, this is a good place to go on a date and affordable enough to take the family. Mine has been eating here for 20 years. Why go to chain establishments near the mall when there is this delicious gem right in town. Right behind the Paperback Shack near the Movie Theater, this is a fun place to come for dinner on a date because the gazebo area is romantic at night.

Visited June 2011
“The Fried Mushrooms are the Bomb!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I go there for one thing only, the best fried mushrooms anywhere !!! Not cheap but worth every penny.

Southrn California
“Nice Change of Pace”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I like, but don't love Scarcella's Italian Grill. It's one-of-a-kind...big plus in my book, but the menu just doesn't keep me coming back for more. (That said, I'm not terribly sophisticated when it comes to Italian cuisine, so perhaps that's an unfair comment.) The table linens are lovely, as is the enclosed sidewalk cafe seating, but we more often find ourselves at Filipes or...though it pains me to admit it...chain-snob I prefer to be...Olive Garden...

Visited December 2010
San Diego
“A bit pricey, but great food”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I dined at Scarcella's last night for the second time with my husband and parents. You can't see the restaurant when you drive through the shopping center, so park near the movie theater- Scarcella's is located a short walk to the right of it.

Regarding the food- I was impressed with the variety of dishes they serve, not just the Italian basics. They also have a great wine list, with many local wines. Dinner is served with bread and olive oil, which is great because their appetizers are a bit overpriced- costs almost as much as an entree. I ordered the Pollo e Pesce, which was delicious and a bit spicy. I was afraid they might skimp on the cream sauce, as some restaurants do to save money, but there was plenty for my large bowl of bowtie pasta, chicken, mushrooms and shrimp. Their tiramisu is great for dessert- it soaks in a liqueur so some might find it too "boozy," but my husband and I loved it.

Regarding the service- we were waited on by at least three different servers, I'm guessing we arrived between shifts. Service was attentive, they kept checking on us to refill drinks and remove dishes. The only problem was when my mother received her meal- a linguini dish with seafood, one of their specials. The dish was served with shrimp, which my mother is allergic to. She immediately told the server, who apologized and offered to have the kitchen make a new dish without shrimp, and that came out a few minutes later. Upon leaving the restaurant, I checked the specials menu, and the dish did not say it included shrimp, so I think either the cooks or the server got it wrong there.

Regarding the price- Entrees run between $15 and $20, but the portions are large enough for leftovers. I would avoid the appetizers and just enjoy the free bread and maybe a side salad- that should be plenty with your meal. We did have the calamari, which was good, but cost about $10.

Overall, I would say that the service is good, the food is a bit expensive, but it's the best Italian I've had in Temecula. I would definitely come back for more.

• Visited April 2011