“Great wine and summer fun!”
Review of Thornton Winery

Thornton Winery
Ranked #32 of 104 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering tours, tastings and national jazz acts during summer and fall.
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Just visited Thornton and otherTemecula wineries. The best by far is at Thornton...the staff is ultra friendly and their summer concerts and schedule is one of the best line up ever! There is a breathtaking view of the orchards i in the vicinity! The view and the ambiance compliment and complete the experience!

All reviews
"flatbread"
in 3 reviews
"special occasion"

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the first winery I stopped at in Temecula, so I don't have anything to compare it to yet (as I'm still sitting here writing this!).
I really like sweet wines, so I enjoyed Thorntons very much. We tried the Chocolate Wine Lovers flight and the Sweet Sippers flight. "A Kiss if Chocolate" was super (a red). "A Sparking Chocolate Kiss" is also great, if you enjoy bubblies.
Hint: They don't offer tours during the week. But... It was a Thursday and very uncrowded, so nice to have the place kind of to ourselves.
We had some small plates at the Champagne Lounge, but they also have a full restaurant with a bit larger menu.
They offer both indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Thorton specializes in 'bubbly'- champagne style wines. The atmosphere is excellent, the wine is good, the services is below average. We went to try the wines, sit outdoors and absorb the beautiful ambience, and relax. Relax we did and we had a leisurely tasting, as much due to the delay in being served as anything else. We were there on a Thursday afternoon in April ,so we were surprised that the winery so was terribly understaffed.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I like to visit the wineries for a little R&R. My husband is not much of a wine drinker, but they do have a wine or two for his pallate. Before getting to South Coast we stopped here as I love the Rose. Lisa told us about the wine club, the perks including 2 glasses or 2 tastings daily at no charge. Wow, how nice; I can stop every time I'm here and enjoy a couple of glasses of wine complimentary! Lisa is very attentive, bubbly, and fun to interact with. The ambience is beautiful; Jazz music and tranquility of a water fountain. Really nice place to just spend enjoying the company of my husband, and just relax!!!