“Beatuiful seating outside”

The Restaurant at Ponte
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Ponte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 422 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Anza
Description: The Restaurant at Ponte prepares wine country cuisine in a casual outdoor atmosphere. We are leading the way toward a community of wineries and restaurants dedicated to promoting local, sustainable farmers and ranchers. Our dishes feature top quality seasonal and regional ingredients prepared in our kitchen and enhanced when paired with our wines. The Restaurant is open daily, although hours do vary. The Restaurant at Ponte is open in inclement weather. Heaters and blankets are available in the winter, and misters and fans are used in the summer. Guests arriving By Limo or Private Bus: A separate limo reservation is required for the weekends. To submit a limo request, please see our website.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The seating outside was was picturesque. The food was good but not great. I had the meat loaf special and my wife had pasta puffs. Over priced. The red wine was ok.

PonteWinery, Manager at The Restaurant at Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Tommy745,
Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to write this review. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed the property, but you may have caught our kitchen on an off night. We hope that you will join us again the next time you are in the area to get the full Ponte experience and dine with us again. Cheers!

There are newer reviews for The Restaurant at Ponte

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stopped on the way from Palm Desert to San Diego. Found this on TA.
Made reservations early in the morning for an 11:00 lunch. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. We ate under the pergola. We chose to dine more tapas style with lots of little things. The food was wonderful and the service quite good. By the time we left the place was packed, and I can see why. What a wondeful experience.

HJPofi,
What a great stopping point on your trip! Thank you for stopping in and joining us for lunch on your way to San Diego as well as your kind words and compliments. Come back and see us again the next time you are in Temecula Wine Country!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I guess I had high expectation for this place since we've been here a few times for wine tasting, so finally, I made a reservation for Saturday's dinner at 5. I've come to realize, you can enjoy the ambiance and setting of the restaurant OR the food and not both. We were seated after waiting 10 minutes for them to find a seat. I didn't care where we sat, it was a beautiful location. A wedding was going on at the time so it was nice to see that. We were seated at a table for 4 and the chairs were uncomfortable and I couldn't tuck my legs under the table since the table had a piece of wood blocking your knee, so I sat kind of far away from the table due to this.

Our waiter was nice and he had the typical surfer dude look going on and was rather nice. He didn't tell us the daily special but he did for the table next to us. The table next to us had 6 people and they were really loud, I mean, extremely loud! There were points when I had to turn around and see what was going on because sometimes the girls would scream or the guys would argue about the situation of the house they're living in. I thought about being asked to move but my husband didn't want to bother the waiter or wait another few minutes for a new table.

We ordered the mussels for an appetizer and it was cold. It had sausages in it as well and everything on that plate was cold. We just dealt with it and ate it. We got two pieces of bread each and the table next to us got unlimited bread. I thought that was rather weird.

I wanted to have the veal but it had mushrooms in it so I asked the waiter if we can remove the mushrooms and he said it was in the sauce, so I ordered the Butcher's steak instead, which was good, but wasn't the best. Hubby had the lamb and he liked it, but it was lukewarm. All of our food was just lukewarm and not hot.

While we're eating, the table next to us were still screaming and more people arrived to join their table. We had 2 other couples sitting near us that would look at us and agreed that they were obnoxious and loud. They noticed us looking at each other and one of the guys at the table yelled "we're Ponte members, b*tches, we can do whatever we want!" ummm, ok. Well, I guess now I won't be a member here. So much class, let me tell ya.

My husband turned to me and said "let's do dessert somewhere else, I don't want to stay longer than I have to and I don't want to be disappointed anymore by the food." I agreed and we asked for the bill and left, paying $78 for a meal we wished we enjoyed more of.

BUT....the view was nice....and I guess you're paying more for the view than anything else.

1  Thank Cynthia W

Cynthia W,
First, we would like to thank you for visiting us for dinner and taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us so that we can make improvements to ensure you have the experience you came to expect. It seems like you didn't receive the experience that you expected and for that we apologize. It does sound like you caught our restaurant on an off night and we hope that you and your husband will both give us the opportunity to show you the true Ponte experience. If you are looking for a more intimate dining experience, you may want to try Bouquet Restaurant, located in Ponte Vineyard Inn, with a smaller seating area and a more relaxed atmosphere. Please visit us again the next time you are in Temecula Wine Country. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food was delicious and the atmosphere was quaint and intimate. An ideal place for a romantic night out.

Fran,
You hit the nail on the head, it is a perfect place to enjoy a romantic night out or a lively get together with friends. Thank you for visiting and for your review. We hope you’ll visit us again the next time you are in Temecula Wine Country. Cheers!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great Night! We loved our table outside under the stars. There was live music - a guy on piano and guitar and he was spectacular. The service was wonderful along with the food!

PonteWinery, Manager at The Restaurant at Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

ttj1028,
Dinner under the stars sounds like a perfect way to cap off an evening in Temecula Wine Country. Great choice! We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner as well as your service and live entertainment. Thank you for joining us and for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers!